closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New release: H. Moser & Cie - Streamliner Flyback Chronograph

New release: H. Moser & Cie - Streamliner Flyback Chronograph

Moser have got into the chronograph game - and they're doing it properly with an Agenhor flyback movement. However I'm not too sure on the look - not love at first site. It doesn't look like a Moser to me, which is the biggest problem. Oh and it's $40k. What do you all think?

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/hands-o...tomatic-watch/

The Movement is lovely, hidden micro rotor so you can enjoy the view unobstructed, and I like that they went with very clean chrono display rather than covering it in subdials.

Personally, i'd have gone with a single minute track, or with the minute markings moved within the track to minimalise the dial. (i feel some photoshop coming on)

Underwater chrono activation is a big plus though.

*i'll reserve judgment on the bracelet till I handle one in the flesh,
    I'm not a huge fan of lobster bracelets but it might feel/look good on the wrist... an integrated rubber strap or matte croc strap might look nice though.
    Last edited by endo; 9th January 2020 at 12:15.

Master
    I think it's gorgeous! Sadly, EUR38k is a little (as in a lot) rich for me, but I'm excited to see what else Moser deliver in the Streamliner collection. A simple 3-hander in that case would be fantastic.

Shame they didn't implement the micro-adjustment from the Pioneer bracelet to the Streamliner bracelet. Hopefully there's a half link to get the perfect fit.

simon

Journeyman
    Though I can't find the words to explain why, this really appeals to me. As a rule I have no love for chronographs, Daytona's, Speedy's and the like do almost nothing for me. This Moser though...one of the few chronographs I would actually consider, were it not for the price.

You may be interested in this brief interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrILSlSGCrQ&t=0s

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    The Movement is lovely, hidden micro rotor so you can enjoy the view unobstructed, and I like that they went with very clean chrono display rather than covering it in subdials.

Personally, i'd have gone with a single minute track, or with the minute markings moved within the track to minimalise the dial. (i feel some photoshop coming on)

Underwater chrono activation is a big plus though.
    For sure the dial has to be cleaner to fit the Moser ethos. I am not sure is whether if the case design is Moser enough either. Unsure all round.

The Agenhor by design has the rotor on the dial side - what I am not sure about is whether the previous versions were also micro rotor (not that it matters as you cannot see it).

I should add - the Agenhor chronograph is an incredible movement. This article is really good at explaining it https://quillandpad.com/2017/02/20/e...e-chronograph/

That does look rather nice. Dial is unassuming, but the movement is a thing of beauty
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Movement aside thats one ugly watch.

It looks like a Pulsar spoon watch with an Ebel wave bracelet.

A bug 👎 for me.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

A bug  for me.
    I've gone from unsure to your viewpoint. I think this is an ugly watch. I applaud what they're trying to do and it will sell out, but fugly.

Some complications are poetic (equation of time). Others are genuinely useful (RdM on a manual wind). Most are a demonstration of horological know how.
    However the Flyback is more than that: it was developed specifically around aviation (I believe by Longines, but haven't checked). The French name of 'retour en vol' carries the theme, even if I am not sure it is linked.
    That makes me a bit uneasy considering the watch here.
    I would have preferred a simple chronograph associated with a pulsometer, as it will probably adorn the wrist of more doctors than fighter pilots.

Not a massive fan but the calibre is a real beauty and the watch itself is elegant. I am sure it will sell.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    For sure the dial has to be cleaner to fit the Moser ethos. I am not sure is whether if the case design is Moser enough either. Unsure all round.

The Agenhor by design has the rotor on the dial side - what I am not sure about is whether the previous versions were also micro rotor (not that it matters as you cannot see it).

I should add - the Agenhor chronograph is an incredible movement. This article is really good at explaining it https://quillandpad.com/2017/02/20/e...e-chronograph/

Dial side rotor makes more sense, i've got a pdf spec sheet but it only has the movement from the back 3/4 :P (so the rotor is still hidden so I assumed micro)

Now if that movement could go into an Endeavour case i'd be very happy.
    Although... i'd like a monopusher for that extra clean look, unless its too much to ask for crown activation.

Dial side rotor makes more sense, i've got a pdf spec sheet but it only has the movement from the back 3/4 :P (so the rotor is still hidden so I assumed micro)

Now if that movement could go into an Endeavour case i'd be very happy.
    Although... i'd like a monopusher for that extra clean look, unless its too much to ask for crown activation.
    If they remove the flyback option, maybe? I also agree with SJ about the flyback as well.

A bug  for me.
    Agree with you except the movement part.
    Movement doesn’t look that great either to me.

Would look fantastic if worn back to front!

Looks pretty ugly to me - like the sort of stuff you buy from Debenhams under their own brand...

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Agree with you except the movement part.
    Movement doesn’t look that great either to me.
    Why so Raj?

Another interesting hands on review if anyone is interested - https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/01/h-m...ph-review.html

I actually like the look of this and as below, looks very much like a 70s 80s Pulsar or Omega. I dont really have a problem with that but some of the photos of the bracelet dont look to great nor the movement certainly not for a 40K watch! Compared to the finish on Lange movements I am not overly impressed with this. Looks great but then has a very "micro brand" look about it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Why so Raj?

Another interesting hands on review if anyone is interested - https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/01/h-m...ph-review.html
    Some better pics on Instagram- looks much better here

Also that linked review has some much better images. I reverse my decision:-)
    Not sold on movement looks. Looks like a jumble of steel parts and screws with little decoration. Intricate but not particularly cohesive. Compare it with ALS or even the new 321.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 9th January 2020 at 13:48.

Craftsman
    Big fail. I am a Moser fan and that movement blows me away. Sadly though, this might just be the ugliest watch I have ever seen. It is offensively ugly; a monstrosity. Far better looking watches available from TK Max for £9.99.

A bug  for me.
    Haha, good comparisons there, add in a Shorokhoff signature 60 and job done.

Also it's the first time I can think that I've felt there is too much brushing, the case /bracelet together with the brushed dial is way too much IMO.

I generally like quirky design, especially with a nice seventies vibe but this even leaves me cold.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 9th January 2020 at 14:16.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Some better pics on Instagram- looks much better here

Also that linked review has some much better images. I reverse my decision:-)
    Not sold on movement looks. Looks like a jumble of steel parts and screws with little decoration. Intricate but not particularly cohesive. Compare it with ALS or even the new 321.
    Interesting review but even that review seemed to be clutching at straws to justify the price.

After some photoshop dial de-clutter

I'm a Moser fanboi, but I like them clean.

Master
    Nay from me, simply ugly

Master
    I cannot understand how you could design such a good looking (and no doubt very technically accomplished) movement and put it in such a monstrosity of a case with an even worse looking bracelet.

Odd.

Looks like something Diesel might have designed in the 90's.

It looks like something is missing on the dial?!

Hideous. The only appealing feature will be hidden when worn. The bracelet reminds me of those old Oakley watches.

A bug  for me.

Apprentice
    Very retro look, will be a bit like Marmite !

Craftsman
    Looks as though the case and bracelet were designed by two different people and just mashed together anyway.

At 40k it's not something I'll need to worry about though

Journeyman
    I used to really fancy the look of their stuff (admittedly they were a bit on the large side) but their releases over the past two years have been fairly rotten. They’ve even ruined their PC with the last update.

Master
    I am a big Moser fan, particularly of the concept dials. Bu this...
    Great view at the back, but dial too fussy and case too thick and much too retro and the bracelet is very, very Oakley/Porsche design. Then there the price which defeats the whole value proposition of a Moser.
    Two big fails for me of recent releases.
    Looks like the Moser design ethos has gone out the window a bit which means the design team is either poor, weak of both. Not a good position to be in for a luxury brand and makes me worry for them which as a fan raises questions for me buying from them again.
    They need to get back to what they are good at and focus on that.
    Last edited by JP28; 10th January 2020 at 07:58.

Craftsman
    I've seen the teasers on instagram for last few weeks so was really looking forward to the unveiling. Unfortunately it's a bit of a disappointment for me. I guess I was just hoping for a watch like the pioneer but in a slighty altered case with an integrated bracelet.

Craftsman

I like what you have done with the minute track but i'd leave the branding and numerals as they were.

Something different from the norm, I like the watch but sadly not in my budget.

Looks like a tape-worm to me - and is equally (i.e. please, please, NO!) desirable.

Journeyman
    I like it, but the hands just remind me of chopard a little too much.

Just horrible looks, but a great movement.

At this price it has to be better.
    Much better.
    Last edited by Bernard; 14th January 2020 at 09:56.

Agreed
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Obviously judging only on these images:
    Lovely looking movement, but overall their designer(s) are not up to the task, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Absolutely love that. Anything genuinely new divides opinion. I imagine the reaction to this is much like it was when the Nautilus came out.

Craftsman
    Beautiful movement as you'd expect but such and ugly case and dial!
    Doesn't seem to fit in with their usual designs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not for me. Moser makes beautiful looking dress-ish watches with a twist. This is a real swing and a miss.

Compared to:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/h-moser-cie-endeavour-perpetual-moon-concept-aventurine-watch/

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

I was just about to post that I don't like the 60 on the dial.

I think its a watch that needs to be seen on the wrist, as lobster style bracelets always look a bit ugh on watch-alone pictures, but somehow just work when worn.
    Im 50/50 on it, i love that it does work in reminding me of streamliner trains and I love a bit of brutal industrial, but the 60 does bug me.

My initial feelings are that l don't like it - especially the bracelet.
    They are, however, to be applauded for not playing it safe - there are too many lookalike watches out there - nice to see a bit of daring.
    And no doubt it's all beautifully-made.
    My biggest issue with the watch is that it just doesn't, to my eyes, look anywhere near the price tag... it looks a lot cheaper... and, aside from the obvious close-up quality, it all looks a bit Argos... sorry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    My initial feelings are that l don't like it - especially the bracelet.
    They are, however, to be applauded for not playing it safe - there are too many lookalike watches out there - nice to see a bit of daring.
    And no doubt it's all beautifully-made.
    My biggest issue with the watch is that it just doesn't, to my eyes, look anywhere near the price tag... it looks a lot cheaper... and, aside from the obvious close-up quality, it all looks a bit Argos... sorry!!!
    The biggest reason for that seems to be the dial - it looks cheap and probably is a cheap dial. It lacks the finish and style of other Moser fume dials. I don't understand how that got that wrong.