closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Openreach

Openreach

I posted this in the pit a few weeks ago but in all my years of dealing with utility companies these guys take horrific customer service to a level way past what I though possible!
    They aren’t public facing and without some fabrication of the truth you are unable to speak to them via phone or email. They have an online complaint system which takes you to a page which says thank you for submitting the complaint without actually submitting anything. They have no social media pages to submit complaints or ask questions...... total and utter shambles of a company.
    Has anyone successfully contacted them to speak about an issue and if so how?
    FFF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I posted this in the pit a few weeks ago but in all my years of dealing with utility companies these guys take horrific customer service to a level way past what I though possible!
    They aren’t public facing and without some fabrication of the truth you are unable to speak to them via phone or email. They have an online complaint system which takes you to a page which says thank you for submitting the complaint without actually submitting anything. They have no social media pages to submit complaints or ask questions...... total and utter shambles of a company.
    FFF

I think you have found out you can’t. I ended up emailing the CEO complaints team at BT to sort my issue as whilst it wasn’t BT that were causing my problem they were who I was paying for the service.
    If it is Openreach you need to deal with... good luck!

The thing with Openreach is you're not their customer. Your service provider is.

They are on social media, but I'd be surprised if contacting them via that route elicited much more than the guidance above. They are very strictly controlled by the regulator.

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    Out of all the utilities companies I deal with, Openreach are a law unto themselves. Whilst they apparently abide to OFCOM rules, it’s very much the tail wagging the dog so to speak.

On one occasion, I visited their offices and simply sat there for most of the morning awaiting for someone to actually help with an issue I had on site where works ceased. They blame different departments within Openreach which doesn’t help when an issue arises.

A few years ago, someone contacted their Openreach Project Manager via Facebook/LinkedIn in order to try and get a response. This was successfully I should add.

Good luck and may the force be with you.

B

Master
    Blog Entries
    FFF

they left my mother RIP without phone or emergency buzzer for 2 months which with the falls she had was very serious.

I waited 2 days for them to turn up and phoned so may times I used a months calls in less than a day,they never came.

we only moved her to her new house because they had said the phone lines would be in.

you cant talk to them period,neither can your service provider they had to email and wait for a response which was always contradictory.

the feeling of helplessness and anger is something I will never forget.

Isn't Openreach analogous to National Grid plc or Network Rail? e.g. they're not a utility company as such. As stated above, they own/maintain the network, but don't deal directly with end users. You need to be complaining to the company that bills you (maybe BT, maybe someone else).

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Isn't Openreach analogous to National Grid plc or Network Rail? e.g. they're not a utility company as such. As stated above, they own/maintain the network, but don't deal directly with end users. You need to be complaining to the company that bills you (maybe BT, maybe someone else).
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    They don’t update the service provider and that’s the problem
    Since the 12th December they’ve not updated Sky with anything constructive other than giving them a date 3 days in the future when they’ll update them again

Apprentice
    FFF

Not me, always had shocking service from these guys.

Master
    FFF

I'll DM you the top man's contact details and email address - I'm sure you'll then be passed to somebody who'll resolve your problem sharpish.

It all really depends who you get which is the same for others like Virgin. I had a long standing problem with by then BT line, which went on for 2 years and most engineers who turned up simply weren't interested and would change the faceplate in the house and leave. I kept on logging a call with BT and eventually a guy turned up who was interested. He diagnosed a number of issues, the first being that the box on the outside where the line comes into the house was mounted upside down so whenever it rained it would fill up with water. My actual line to the pole in the road had chaffed as it wasn't secured and he also found another problem with reflections on the line close to the exchange. Took him 2 days to sort all the issues out and thereafter no further problems but it did take around 2 years to resolve.

I know from your business point of view this doesn't help but there's not really much else you can do except to keep badgering them.

Master
    I use the CEO email site and have had some success (generally, not Openreach specifically)

Craftsman
    They don’t update the service provider and that’s the problem
    Since the 12th December they’ve not updated Sky with anything constructive other than giving them a date 3 days in the future when they’ll update them again

I'd wager thag Sky aren't giving you the full story.

Sky will have an agreed sla for specific products that varies, it's common knaoldge that different products attract a higher sla and providers agree their own sla with openreach.

Sky have an escalation for into openreach and also a high level escalation path.

While Openreach do have problems, the government really is to blame. Sky also don't want to invest in their own product they'd rather go after the pay TV market.