closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Downgrading IPhone iOS to version 11 or 12

Downgrading IPhone iOS to version 11 or 12

My iPhone 6s has been a nightmare in terms of battery life. It’s on its second battery in 4 years and I am now contemplating getting another one as it switches off when the battery is full, randomly drops 20% etc.

Is there an easy way of downgrading the iOS back to version 11 or 12?

Currently running 13.1.3

Thanks

Master
    Question :

Was it Apple that fitted the replacement battery.?

Take it into the Apple shop irrespective - they are quite helpful.

B

It isn't possible ever to downgrade iOS. There are some exceptions for a week or two when the new iOS is out but after that -- never.

Two batteries in 4 years isn't bad depending on usage -- they're set for 999 cycles. 4-5 hours or "screen-on time is the measure"

Blog Entries
    Take a look here - there are some instructions.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ap...os-12-3664217/

you need to be quick though as Apple unsignes prior versions quite promptly
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 7th January 2020 at 23:03.

Thanks - am heading to the Apple shop on Monday. It’s annoying because my battery health is at 84%
    Last edited by samswatch; 7th January 2020 at 23:27.

Craftsman
    They stopped singing IOS 12.4 in August so no joy downgrading now.

So would it be worth replacing the battery and giving the phone another shot?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I had a similar problem when I had a 6s, randomly switching off when charge fell below 30% or so. Had the battery replaced under the £25 deal which is obviously finished now. A new battery every 2 years or so I would consider reasonable and £49 fitted is a lot less expensive than a new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the apple shop will sort you out - id echo the battery is waaaay cheaper than a new phone - if it's doing what you need it for - and it's just battery - that can be sorted.

Thanks - will give it a shot then

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    Thanks - am heading to the Apple shop on Monday. It’s annoying because my battery health is at 84%
    Although 84% sounds like a high number, that’s threshold level for changing the battery anyway. You must have had 500+ cycles from that.

Master
    I have an old 6s I use as a bit of a burner. There is a bug pre-iPhone 7 where the battery indicator is exceptionally unreliable as I understand.

Battery health 90% but it will drop like a stone and run for hours on 1%. I’ve tried all the resetting to no avail. Was similar on my 6 as well towards the end.

The issue hasn’t appeared on 7 or 8.

I’d say give another battery a try, but how long until the 6s loses support from Apple?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Have you tried doing a restore of the current software, back it up then download and install new software and re-add the back up. It could be a power management problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DiXoN View Post
    Have you tried doing a restore of the current software, back it up then download and install new software and re-add the back up. It could be a power management problem.
    No - but it’s something I should do. Do I just reset back to factory settings and check for an update? I guess I am not sure how to put on new software.
    Last edited by samswatch; 8th January 2020 at 22:46.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    No - but it’s something I should do. Do I just reset back to factory settings and check for an update? I guess I am not sure how to put on new software.
    Plug it into iTunes, you can still update handsets through it.

Just to update the thread. I did a full restore to factory settings but no luck, so off to the Apple store to get a new battery.