closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Estimate on external boxset including all booklets for a 16610?

Estimate on external boxset including all booklets for a 16610?

Can someone give a rough price estimate for a 16610 boxset from 2007 model. It's all there. Outer and inner boxes, cards tags booklets, calender, leather wallet and bezel protector.
    There even happens to be a spare link for good measure.

Any ideas? See all sorts of crazy prices on eBay.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shamardal View Post
    Can someone give a rough price estimate for a 16610 boxset from 2007 model. It's all there. Outer and inner boxes, cards tags booklets, calender, leather wallet and bezel protector.
    There even happens to be a spare link for good measure.

Any ideas? See all sorts of crazy prices on eBay.

I’d suggest a spread of prices around £125 for that lot wouldn’t be far off the mark. Depends who is selling / buying!

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I’d suggest a spread of prices around £125 for that lot wouldn’t be far off the mark. Depends who is selling / buying!
    Thanks Haywood, that gives an idea. Some prices elsewhere are very highly priced and varied. It was bought 8 or 9 years ago to complete a set for a sub without. May come in useful to someone.

Grand Master
    The link has some value, but I don’t see the point in buying any of this for a watch that lacks the original papers or guarantee card, that’s where the value lies in my opinion........others may think differently but if the box etc doesn't gave the original papers to me its worth nothing.

I’ve got an original 60s Omega box that’ll sell for around £60, to me its worth nothing because the original papers aren’t with the watch so to me the box isn’t linked to the watch. If anyone wants it I’ll take their money, but I don’t see the point in buying these items.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    The link has some value, but I don’t see the point in buying any of this for a watch that lacks the original papers or guarantee card, that’s where the value lies in my opinion........others may think differently but if the box etc doesn't gave the original papers to me its worth nothing.

I’ve got an original 60s Omega box that’ll sell for around £60, to me its worth nothing because the original papers aren’t with the watch so to me the box isn’t linked to the watch. If anyone wants it I’ll take their money, but I don’t see the point in buying these items.
    Lots of people do Paul, it has some value.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I understand completely, to me I have no problem buying a watch without complete set if the price is right, the watch is what counts and can be easily authenticated. But for some I think they like the idea of having what comprises a full set. As you say though if not the full bought set then why bother. Watchfinder do it regularly, sell without boxes or papers so its common. so I suppose the extra £100+ makes it look good.
    Honestly the watch or box aren't mine. I'm just enquiring for someone else who moved on the watch some time ago also.
    The price listed above at around £125 is spot on by the look of other sites.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    but I don’t see the point in buying these items.
    Very many more do though, as the healthy market in these "non original to watch" items confirms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor View Post
    Very many more do though, as the healthy market in these "non original to watch" items confirms.
    Absolutely. There used to be a crowd called watchco, they did a roaring trade in original and genuine 'new old stock' parts. Bezels, dials, bracelets etc. Picked up many speedy and Seamaster parts, bezel inserts, bracelets from them at great prices. Rolexforum also.

Someone asked me some time ago, if I had the original purchase receipt from the shop where I bought a particular watch (even though it had all the original boxes and cards. I didn't. And I didn't see it being worthy of a discount either.