closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bluetooth speaker recommendations...

Bluetooth speaker recommendations...

I’m looking for some serious volume!

Anyone recommend anything in particular.

Bose don’t quote power outputs... sadly but have been looking at the pro one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issues with UE Boom. Multiple sizes. Can even buy two and pair them up.

Heard good things re Cambridge Audio but never used myself.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 7th January 2020 at 15:19.

UE Megaboom or Megablast.

I've got the small B&O Beoplay A1 and the sound quality is excellent, so I imagine their bigger speakers are even better. Compared to the two SONOS speakers (not bluetooth) I've got, the quality difference isn't that noticeable for such a small speaker.

It might not be the most refined, but 2 paired Google Home Max speakers is plenty loud enough for me. Good value at the moment at £199 each from google store.

Master
    Devialet Reactor or Phantom, expensive but loud!

We use the excellent Kanto SYD, about £300. Pretty much audiophile quality, and fills our living room with ease. They make excellent active stereo speaker pars too - iirc the SYD is simply the two model 4 pairs of drivers and amp etc in a single enclosure. Can also be used as a soundbar, although in my experience best for music.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    UE Megaboom or Megablast.
    Same here. In the house we have a couple of Booms and a Megaboom.

Shop around though, they are quite often on very good discounts. I got the Megaboom at half price, I think because it was a MacClaren special edition and they didn't sell as many as they thought - gaudy red and white.

If you don't mind it being mains powered only and large, the Samsung VL550 can be had for crazy low prices now.

It was a Which best buy at £600, now Currys are currently selling these for £140. You won't get better sound for the money (which is why I bought 2!)

See here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...rgain-heads-up
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 8th January 2020 at 03:08.

Master
    I have a megablast in our bathroom which is plenty loud enough for me also use a couple of booms for travel when paired up they’re really good.

Beosound 2 is an excellent speaker.

I've used both UE Boom, and JBL Charge3 speakers in pairs in noisy training sessions in large rooms (hotel function rooms) and highly rate both in terms of sound quality, volume and battery life.

Of the two makes, JBL have a longer standby time, whereas the UE tend to go into sleep mode if not used for 15 minutes or so.

UE tend to have very bright noticeable colours, whereas the JBL speaker are more subtle. JBL Charge also have the advantage of being able to act as a "powerpack" so you can charge other devices from them.
    Last edited by Kris; 7th January 2020 at 21:48.

Another vote for the UE Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    If you don't mind it being mains powered only and large, the Samsung VL550 can be had for crazy low prices now.

It was a Which best buy at £600, now Currys are currently selling these for £140. You won't get better sound for the money (which is why I brought 2!)

See here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...rgain-heads-up
    Thanks for the heads up - was looking for speaker for girlfriend's new kitchen - this fits the bill and will pair with her new samsung tv. Was 130 on eBay via your link !

Anker Soundcore Boost

Amazing speaker, and best £40 you’ll spend. No need to spend 2 or 3 times the amount. 4.7 out of 5 over nearly 2000 reviews.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Sound...37585347&psc=1

UE Boom is a good choice, though I went for the UE Blast as it also has wireless connectivity and built in Alexa.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    I've got the small B&O Beoplay A1 and the sound quality is excellent, so I imagine their bigger speakers are even better. Compared to the two SONOS speakers (not bluetooth) I've got, the quality difference isn't that noticeable for such a small speaker.
    I have one of these as well.
    Sound quality is fantastic.
    Only problem is after an hour of full thumping volume, the battery begins to falter and volume drops to 50%.

Naim Muso

Actually uses WiFi rather than Bluetooth so the sound quality is infinitely better

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/naim-mu-so-2

THese are amazing kit - and they do bigger stuff too - but blimey - this blows the house down when on high volume.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    THese are amazing kit - and they do bigger stuff too - but blimey - this blows the house down when on high volume.
    There minx go is absolutely brilliant for the beach.

I second the UE boom as well

Craftsman
    I posted a similar thread a few months ago. I ended up with a MINIRIG which I’m loving.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    I’m looking for some serious volume!

Anyone recommend anything in particular.

Bose don’t quote power outputs... sadly but have been looking at the pro one.

Thanks

Where are you wanting to use it? Is it going to be your main speaker or just a travel/occasional speaker?
    I have both Bose speakers and a UE Boom and they’re poles apart. I have the Bose SoundTouch 20 and 10 and they’re both superb for sound quality, obviously the 20 is louder and doesn’t distort with louder volume. They’re not really travel speakers but they’re good for outside because they have Bluetooth. So dependant on budget that’s where my money is. There’s even a larger SoundTouch 30.
    The UE Boom on the other hand is great for travel, I take mine on holiday and it’s superb for a hotel room, balcony or garden. But I wouldn’t recommend this for your main speaker, the sound quality is good but not great and if you need high volume, it’ll struggle. Don’t get me wrong I do like the UE Boom but only for occasional use. It’s a great travel speaker.

Master
    Bose soundlink mini is amazing for its size. I now have a JBL Extreme 2. Sound quality is great, it goes really loud, and is waterproof so great for outdoor use. It is quite large though.

The Bose S1 is what I’ve been looking at....

Use is occasional but in halls so clarity and volume is a priority

The NAIM Muso I posted above will give you plenty of volume and 450W

Last edited by Vanguard; 9th January 2020 at 12:02.

Master

I can’t help with the S1 but it looks huge which is what you’re looking for. Don’t think you’ll be disappointed with loudness or clarity. I love Bose products though. Why not try their 30 day free trial

Bit of a left field/Marmite option from Germany - Heco Direkt 800 BT:

About the size of an '80s boombox, but built like a brick outhouse and with some serious power for their compact size. Has pretty much every kind of connectivity, including a DAC for wired digital and a phono-stage so you can strap a turntable directly to it. Also has a subwoofer output, so you can add a sub to boost the bass further. Sound quality is a big step-up from the usual telly soundbars.

I use one with the telly, and one as a bedroom system. These were originally £600, but I'm still good friends with the UK distributor, so give me a shout if it's of any interest and I'll see if I can hook you up with a deal.

I was just reading some reviews of the Muso 2 and it looks like the best all in one speaker in terms of sound quality for that price bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    The NAIM Muso I posted above will give you plenty of volume and 450W

Looking through the replies, I guess you need to be specific on what you want to achieve as you’ve been recommended anything from a Bose Sound Link Mini to full-up home speakers. I’d say the Soundlink Mini packs some good volume for its portable size but no way does the sound output match some of the other suggestions.

When you say loud...do you mean loud for portable size (ie Soundlink Mini, UE boom) or do you mean non-portable, “I-need-a-detached-home-to-get-away-with-this-volume” loud?

Just in case any of you need a small bluetooth speaker at an excellent price, Currys PC World have just discontinued the original tiny JBL square speaker. They're selling them off for 12 quid.

Well worth it as the sound they produce is excellent for the size. I use them for conference calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Looking through the replies, I guess you need to be specific on what you want to achieve as you’ve been recommended anything from a Bose Sound Link Mini to full-up home speakers. I’d say the Soundlink Mini packs some good volume for its portable size but no way does the sound output match some of the other suggestions.

When you say loud...do you mean loud for portable size (ie Soundlink Mini, UE boom) or do you mean non-portable, “I-need-a-detached-home-to-get-away-with-this-volume” loud?
    Something that will fill a small hall..

Ah...then I guess you can discard half the recommendations here as they are travel speakers.

Craftsman
    Keep an eye out on HotUKDeals for the Audio Pro Addon speakers. They had the C5a one on offer in Curry's at £119 last week

What HiFi 5 star product rated

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up - was looking for speaker for girlfriend's new kitchen - this fits the bill and will pair with her new samsung tv. Was 130 on eBay via your link !
    No worries. You practically stole it at that price! :)