closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any reason not to buy a Xiaomi Mi A3?

Any reason not to buy a Xiaomi Mi A3?

I know this is a watch forum but there's a fair bit of phone knowledge here too.

My phone needs replacing. I'm not a phone snob who has to have the latest/greatest but the battery has become unpredictable sometimes dropping charge quickly once it gets <50%
    Current phone is a Google Pixel XL and it does everything I need a phone to do. Having replaced wife/daughter's phones recently I can see that, by comparison, it looks a bit dated (big bezels top/bottom) but I'm not that fussed about that.

I like the look of the Xiaomi Mi A3 - it gets decent reviews and is an Android One phone so as near to 'stock' Android as I'll get without buying another Pixel. The only downside I can see in reviews is that there is no NFC. I do occasionally pay for things with my phone but it's not a deal breaker to going back to getting a card out of my pocket. The 128GB version is £169 on Amazon and could be with me tomorrow. I can't think of any other reason not to buy one.

If I don't get one, I'll probably hope the battery lasts on my Pixel and see what the (rumoured) Pixel 4a is like in the spring.

Help a grown man with his thinking... Push me over or pull me back from the edge...

SWMBO has a Xiaomi redmi 3 which is a couple of years old, she's sold on the brand at the moment, look at the
    Xiaomi UK website as they have recently had a sale on.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    S...look at the Xiaomi UK website as they have recently had a sale on.
    Looks like they've only got the previous A2 on the UK store.
    Interestingly though I didn't realise I could get a matching electric scooter or toothbrush for the phone.

It seems to be a decent choice. I have A1 (the first one Android One - and clean Android onboard). The only complains about the whole serie was about A2, caused to small battery, but A3 seems to be fine - it will be my next phone for sure!

Master
    I've had one of their fitbit bands for about 18 months, and very impressed with it. Very robust, well-made and excellent functionality for the price. Don't know about their phones, but their approach to tech seems good. If I wasn't an Apple person, I'd look at their phones.

I have been using the A2 lite for nigh on a year now.
    Great battery life (much better than the A2), decent camera, great specs and it was an absolute bargain at the time.

My second Xiaomi now, and won't be my last.

A very safe and capable option 
    Last edited by nickyboyo; 7th January 2020 at 19:29.

I've done some work for Xiaomi and had a tour of their production factory in China. Very impressive... so much so that I ended up buying both a Xiamoi phone (Mi8 Pro Explorer) and tablet on my next trip back to China 3 years ago

Both have run faultlessly since and I'd happily buy another when these eventually become outdated.

Based on my experience, the Chinese electronics market is rapidly upping their game.

Typing from one as we speak. Very impressed - and a step up from the A1 previously.

Wife has one too. Android is slick and battery life is very good. Camera is good to with portrait mode and good panorama.

Go for it.

Quick update...
    This was never a 'WTB' thread and I really was looking at the Xiaomi but, on the back of it, I have been offered a Pixel 3 XL at a very fair price so I've decided to stick with Pixel. Maybe in a few years I'll move on again to a Pixel 5 XL...