I know this is a watch forum but there's a fair bit of phone knowledge here too.

My phone needs replacing. I'm not a phone snob who has to have the latest/greatest but the battery has become unpredictable sometimes dropping charge quickly once it gets <50%
Current phone is a Google Pixel XL and it does everything I need a phone to do. Having replaced wife/daughter's phones recently I can see that, by comparison, it looks a bit dated (big bezels top/bottom) but I'm not that fussed about that.

I like the look of the Xiaomi Mi A3 - it gets decent reviews and is an Android One phone so as near to 'stock' Android as I'll get without buying another Pixel. The only downside I can see in reviews is that there is no NFC. I do occasionally pay for things with my phone but it's not a deal breaker to going back to getting a card out of my pocket. The 128GB version is £169 on Amazon and could be with me tomorrow. I can't think of any other reason not to buy one.

If I don't get one, I'll probably hope the battery lasts on my Pixel and see what the (rumoured) Pixel 4a is like in the spring.

Help a grown man with his thinking... Push me over or pull me back from the edge...