closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Burlary and advice please

Burlary and advice please

Hi Everyone

Sadly on in the early hours of 2nd Jan my home was broken into and my watch was stolen (along with my wife and I's cars and wallet!). It was a Rolex Deepsea. Other than police and Insurance, is there anyone else i can report it to such as rolex? Any point in contacting the origional supplying dealer.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear about your burglary, and subsequent loss of your property.

It would be an idea to send a note to Haywood Milton, of this parish, with some details of the watch, and he may be able to guide you as to who to register this with.

Hopefully your stuff is recovered soon, and the burglars apprehended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Sorry to hear about your burglary. I know he divides opinion but Paul Thorpe has covered an organisation called The Watch Register which records details of lost and stolen watches.
    It's nothing to do with him but it might be worth a try, I think police forces & insurers refer to it

thewatchregister.com is part of The Art Loss Register, and is based in Hatton Garden.

They maintain a comprehensive database of stolen watches, and jewellers, traders and individuals can run a "number check" to ensure a watch doesn't have bad history.

Register your stolen watch with them using their online form. You will need your Police crime reference number, the watch serial numbers, and have to pay £12, but it is very worthwhile.

Sorry to hear of your burglary and losses...hopefully your items will be recovered.

MW

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wood View Post
    thewatchregister.com is part of The Art Loss Register, and is based in Hatton Garden.

They maintain a comprehensive database of stolen watches, and jewellers, traders and individuals can run a "number check" to ensure a watch doesn't have bad history.

Register your stolen watch with them using their online form. You will need your Police crime reference number, the watch serial numbers, and have to pay £12, but it is very worthwhile.

Sorry to hear of your burglary and losses...hopefully your items will be recovered.

MW
    Hi Mike.
    I'd just modify that a touch.
    NO register can confirm that a watch isn't stolen or "have bad history," as there are many watches whose loss is either not reported to that specific register or where the victim did not have a record of their watch's number.
    This is not to undermine the ALR Watch Register, which in my view is the UK's dominant register of Rolex and many other watches that have been reported stolen.
    Rolex UK are doing their own thing, but a register which is accessible to only certain people and which is "cleansed" of watches that were reported lost over a certain number of years ago certainly has its limitations.
    H

Journeyman
    Sorry to read of your burglary and the loss of property.

I hope they catch the buggers that did it.

I'd also add the serial number of the watch to this thread if you have it. Helps if anybody does a google search.

Steve

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    I'd also add the serial number of the watch to this thread if you have it. Helps if anybody does a google search.
    And a post in https://forum.tz-uk.com/forumdisplay...Lost-and-Found might be helpful.

Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated. I will do the digest and put into action once i get a minute. The time spent dealing with three insurance companies, loss handlers etc is draining. Not to mention the process of trying to negotiate settlement on the cars and purchase of new cars!

Thanks again

Matt

Craftsman

Not specifically watch based

But it’s worth putting it on the immobilise website. You can record all manner of items on there & if you’re unlucky enough to have an item stolen you can log it as such with a couple of clicks. It is one of the sites police check if they find suspected stolen property.