closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Ed White Speedmaster

They will do something else with a 321 at some stage but this is Omega looking at Rolex and liking what it seems.

Omega see limited supply equals increased demand and is why the new Bond watch is not limited.

They have seen the criticism of limited editions and know if they can increase demand for a model like the 321, and then if customers cannot get it, there is a raft of other Speedmasters they can buy. Which is very unlike Rolex where you cannot buy anything unless it is Datejust or President.

It should also give the Speedmaster a leg up in prestige.

I completely understand why people have commented so far as regards limited supply and the "rolex effect".Can we all take a moment to think what a great watch the moonwatch is and it deserves to be in most people's collections(everybody's taste is different but generally speaking people love this watch).Don't want another brand to go the rolex way with problematic Ad's and not being able to buy without paying a premium on the secondary market.

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Not sure if someone else has stated this but I spoke with a London boutique last week and they confirmed that the bracelet would be available to purchase separately. However they didnít want to say whether the bracelet will fit a CJ2998 or FOIS etc. Even though it seems likely it will, they canít confirm until they get one in house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by axb601 View Post
    Not sure if someone else has stated this but I spoke with a London boutique last week and they confirmed that the bracelet would be available to purchase separately. However they didnít want to say whether the bracelet will fit a CJ2998 or FOIS etc. Even though it seems likely it will, they canít confirm until they get one in house.

I wonder what the asking price of said bracelet will be?? I assume it will be pretty high.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.wilo13 View Post
    I wonder what the asking price of said bracelet will be?? I assume it will be pretty high.

I would assume so too

expressed my interest online on Omega site and Received email today from Omega stating :

"The Speedmaster Calibre 321 Stainless Steel will be available early 2020.

If you are interested in receiving the watch, could you kindly confirm in person by visiting:

OMEGA Boutique

The Trafford Centre

3 The Dome

M17 8DF Manchester

United Kingdom"

anyone else received this email ?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomolwi View Post
    expressed my interest online on Omega site and Received email today from Omega stating :

"The Speedmaster Calibre 321 Stainless Steel will be available early 2020.

If you are interested in receiving the watch, could you kindly confirm in person by visiting:

OMEGA Boutique

The Trafford Centre

3 The Dome

M17 8DF Manchester

United Kingdom"

anyone else received this email ?
    Not me. Mine said:

ďWe received your reservation request for the OMEGA Moonwatch Calibre 321 (311.30.40.30.01.001).
    Your OMEGA concierge will contact you shortly to organise the purchase, as well as delivery to your nearest OMEGA Boutique.
    Sincerely,
    Your OMEGA Team.Ē

I am not expecting to be allocated a watch. I assume that putting an expression of interest process on the website was just someone screwing up.

Really the only way of ensuring you are going to be involved is to pay a visit to the boutique and have a good chat about the watch.

I think the old "buying history" chestnut is going to rear it's ugly head with this piece.

I was in the TC OB yesterday and the chat was that they hadn't been exactly overwhelmed with enquiries at this stage but did have a number of firm expressions of interest from the people they had expected to hear from.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Really the only way of ensuring you are going to be involved is to pay a visit to the boutique and have a good chat about the watch.

I think the old "buying history" chestnut is going to rear it's ugly head with this piece.

I was in the TC OB yesterday and the chat was that they hadn't been exactly overwhelmed with enquiries at this stage but did have a number of firm expressions of interest from the people they had expected to hear from.
    The only overwhelming thing is the incredible price!

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    The only overwhelming thing is the incredible price!
    Yes even the OB Manager was rather taken aback by the RRP.

He did mention that it was now unlikely according to his sources, that the 321 would make it in to the proposed Snoopy LE due later this year which is a bit disappointing for me.

Journeyman
    Obviously a great looking tribute to highly sought after watch. Had this been around the £6-7k mark, I could sort of understand that and would be in the market for one, but the asking price is just crazy. Definitely seems like they're attempting to go down the Rolex route.

Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Obviously a great looking tribute to highly sought after watch. Had this been around the £6-7k mark, I could sort of understand that and would be in the market for one, but the asking price is just crazy. Definitely seems like they're attempting to go down the Rolex route.

£6-7k is around what they'll be asking for a special edition with a bog standard, same as the regular moonwatch, movement. Why would they spend all that time and cost developing a new production facility to make a new 321 movements and charge the same as standard version.

As far as I can tell the Rolex model is to limit the supply of standard watches to increase demand. Omega doesn't seem to be following that model at all.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Yes even the OB Manager was rather taken aback by the RRP.

He did mention that it was now unlikely according to his sources, that the 321 would make it in to the proposed Snoopy LE due later this year which is a bit disappointing for me.
    Another Snoopy. Sell the kids, offer to part ex a kidney or the wife - you know before the damn thing has been made that most will be instantly flipped for silly money. Let's hope Omega knock out large numbers in order to prevent this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Another Snoopy. Sell the kids, offer to part ex a kidney or the wife - you know before the damn thing has been made that most will be instantly flipped for silly money. Let's hope Omega knock out large numbers in order to prevent this from happening.
    Totally agree.Know of people getting two off previous L.E's - one to keep and one to sell.Hope Omega now wise to this.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Not sure Iím convinced by this Ď new production facilityí story, I reckon the 1861 mainplate is v. similar to the 321, some mods required but nothing like starting from scratch. The rest of the bits can be remanufactured. Putting it simply, the price premium over the moonwatch doesnít add up, itís a v. expensive watch and it remains to be seen how popular it proves to be.

Omega could be playing a clever marketing game here, if supplies are limited and the hype pushes prices well above retail, theyíll be playing the Rolex game.

Iíd take a punt on this and do my best to obtain one, but unless I really fell for the watch the motive would be profit.....rightly ir wrongly. Iím done with moralising over this, if you canít beat Ďem join Ďem and get your snout in the trough.

Iím up to my eyeballs in a house project this year, I need every £ I can get, so I wonít take the risk......but itís a very appealing watch.

Journeyman
    FYI, OBs are currently taking special orders for this with 20% deposit.

Actually OB's taking 10% deposit about 3 weeks ago as SKU listed on system....they can only take deposits when omega list a stock control number and they can allocate a customer to a list
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    FYI, OBs are currently taking special orders for this with 20% deposit.
    Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app