closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Porsche to VW Alloy Wheel Help Wanted (please)

Porsche to VW Alloy Wheel Help Wanted (please)

I am looking to add Porsche wheels to our 2009 VW Beetle Convertible. I'm certainly no expert (far from it) and believe that the pcd on my wheels is 5 x 100. I'll check the size tonight. I'd welcome advice on selecting, sourcing and fitting Porsche wheels to another brand. I know some will think it's a bad move. Thanks in advance.

Dave

PS. If anyone has some for sale, please let me know.

Craftsman
    From memory you need something like this

https://www.vwheritage.com/ac601207-...iABEgLIjfD_BwE

But will need the 5x100 version
    Last edited by MonkeyBoy; 8th January 2020 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy View Post
    From memory you need something like this

https://www.vwheritage.com/ac601207-...iABEgLIjfD_BwE

Yes, you’ll need an adapter to fit due to the differing PCDs.

You could consider some Porsche style wheels made for the VW which might be an easier solution.

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    Yes, you’ll need an adapter to fit due to the differing PCDs.

You could consider some Porsche style wheels made for the VW which might be an easier solution.
    Thanks. I looked at this - not a huge amount around, and there do seem to be a lot of 'new' Beetles sporting Porsche alloys on Google images.

Craftsman
    I would recommend joining the new beetle page on Facebook, they are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy View Post
    I would recommend joining the new beetle page on Facebook, they are a friendly and knowledgeable bunch.
    Thank you.

Porsche wheels certainly can fit VW especially the old Fuch Alloys, however you need to check the sizes and Offsets. I image your wheels are 16" or 17" so lots are available, however the issue will be the offset - which can be fixed with spacers.

However you might be better off finding a style of Porsche wheel you like and buying a similar wheel made specifically for a Beetle. I suggest you check out the Fuch and Speedline ranges. Both made wheels for Porsche.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Probably too big for your car but I am going to list on eBay a set of Ruf 8 & 9 x 17 speedlines that I bought new for my narrow body 89 911. Now they are the business!

Master
    It's FUCHS wheels btw

Unless they're fuched

Quote Originally Posted by scottbombedout View Post
    Probably too big for your car but I am going to list on eBay a set of Ruf 8 & 9 x 17 speedlines that I bought new for my narrow body 89 911. Now they are the business!

Nice

I have 18" Ruf speedlines on my 964. Should be worth a couple of grand if they are in good condition.

17" should fit a VW beatle however tire profile will need to be 35/45. The key however will be the offsets and I have no idea what they are on Beetle.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Nice

I have 18" Ruf speedlines on my 964. Should be worth a couple of grand if they are in good condition.

17" should fit a VW beatle however tire profile will need to be 35/45. The key however will be the offsets and I have no idea what they are on Beetle.
    I think they could be something like £4k new now from RUF and that's if they have them in.
    I'm thinking about two grand too.

Craftsman
    Here are the ones I bought for my 944 S2 - great quality and the chap is really helpfull.

https://www.randr-alloys.co.uk/class...n-replica.html