closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sinn 104 Damasko DA46/47

Sinn 104 Damasko DA46/47

Yes I know there are a fair few threads on these watches but I am interested in any current views on them.

I am looking for a good day to day watch and these two have ended up the main candidates. I like the Damasko hardened case and the bezel I can use as a second time zone. In two minds over the full lume dial or the black dial. How does the double AR crystal stand up? One thing I dont like about black dials is that they show up marks on the glass far too easily. How bright is the full lume dial version? Regarding the Sinn does the hardened case make much of a difference? What is the accuracy like on either watch?

I know, far too many questions but would be interested to hear from any owners who have had either (or both) watches over a number of years and what their preference is?

I've both Sinn and Damasko watches in my collection, I haven't experienced a Sinn 104 however I do have a Damasko DA44 which is the same watch as a 46/47 bar the hour markers instead of Arabics dial.

All Damaskos have the same bezel action as they're designed and built the same way (with the exception of their divers), that is to say that they're incredibly positive with zero slack. Their inserts are laser etched steel with a hardened surface, the 104 has a printed aluminium bezel. The bezel action varies from Sinn to Sinn depending on the model, certainly in my experience anyway, and whilst they're still of a decent standard I prefer Damasko's. The crowns have always felt better on the Damaskos as well, probably due to their self-lubricating nature, though again that's not to say that I've been unhappy with my Sinns.

As for the full lume dial, I've a DA67Si and I'd say that the dial on that provides better luminosity and an easier to read nature at night than my black dialed Damaskos. Neither company, IMO, have lume as good as the best Seikos or even the Tudor I have. I'm pretty sure that you can spec the crystal with AR just on one side, my DA44 has it on both and it shows finger print smudges a bit too much for my liking.

All Damaskos use their proprietary hardened steel, most Sinns are Plain Jane steel. All three of my Damaskos are spotless, the (fully hardened) Sinn 757 I once owned was the same. There's not much in it when comparing regulation, though Damasko just pips it - both have been perfectly acceptable.

Despite what I've typed up above sounding like Damasko tops the charts you won't go wrong with its German stablemate.

I had a Sinn 656 some years ago (from new) and the external AR began to flake off in minute linear flakes, so I took it all off using a Dremmel. That went, as did the UX, to get my Damaskos (DC67, then DA37 & DC56) in 2007 and 2008 respectively. The external AR of the 37 and 56 have never marked, and they've been worn a lot. The cases are of course as new even after this time.
    F.T.F.A.

I’ve owned a DA46 and several Sinn 103/104
    All been very good indeed
    Would probably come down in favour of Sinn, but for no particular overriding reason
    D46 wears bigger, more in line with Sinn U series.
    I doubt any of them will disappoint you
    Happy hunting

Many thanks for the comments, looks like Damasko is the way to go.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Borrowed a DA37 for a few weeks and the lume certainly lasted all night. I will get a DA47 one of these days.

My Sinn 756 was a nice watch but the lume was quite poor - well below Omega and Seiko