closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Geneva Hotel Reccomendations

Geneva Hotel Reccomendations

A mate and I are going to the Geneva Motor Show in March and, for the first time, we're staying overnight instead of flying in and out in a (long!) day.

I'd appreciate some hotel recommendations in Geneva itself, somewhere close to a bar or two and somewhere to eat, though we're not looking for anywhere too posh. Priorities are clean, comfortable and easy walking distance to drink/food, no need for marble bathrooms and personal butlers.

Cheers.

Hôtel Cornavin - it's where Tintin stayed. Close to the railway station or No.10 bus (Geneva public transport is free for visitors) both of which will take you to the Motor Show.

Lots of good places to go for good value food and drink in Paquis and towards the lake, Les Brasseurs is just over the road.

I did this trip with some pals a few years ago. I can’t remember the hotel we stayed in but it was remarkable value and a great breakfast. What I do remember is:-
    1. Booked it through the Geneva tourist board website and you got a free tourist trip (there was a choice)
    2. We used the voucher for a free trip on a boat on the lake that included lunch !
    3. Don’t get to the show too early as you can do the interesting stuff in 3 to 4 hours
    4, finding a restaurant to serve you after 9pm was nearly impossible

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I went a few years ago and felt a day was plenty.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Suggest you book hotels sooner rather than later.
    Certainly a few years back all the local hotels would be full / v. expensive for the car show.
    That said, the show attendance is dropping (down 4.5% in 2018, down 9% in 2019) and there are a number of new hotels.
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Hôtel Cornavin - it's where Tintin stayed. Close to the railway station or No.10 bus (Geneva public transport is free for visitors) both of which will take you to the Motor Show.

Lots of good places to go for good value food and drink in Paquis and towards the lake, Les Brasseurs is just over the road.
    I haven't been there for a while but the Cornavin is conveniently located and comfortable.

Blog Entries
    Hi

I would warmly recommend the IBIS Hotel, in Rue de Cornavin - quite reasonable, comfortable, and round the corner of Rue de Montblanc. Here you can find several restaurants - my favourite is Cafe de Paris with excellent entrecotes and chips, great moules marinieres, schnitzel , scallops etc. But have also been to a sushi restaurant there, and once in a kebab house for a quick bite.

It is convenient for the centre of Geneva, but if you want to stay near the airport, better the Movenpick there - also a few times there with no problems
    BWs
    F

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I went a few years ago and felt a day was plenty.

M

I've been a few times before however it has always been an early morning flight in and a late one back making for a long and tiring day. Seeing as neither of us have been into Geneva itself we're going for an early afternoon flight out and coming back the following evening, no God awful early morning start and it'll only be the 2nd day that we're at the show

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll take a look.

Fair enough.

The time I went I'd done the show by 2 and went to town, but it was cold and grey, so I sat in a coffee shop for a couple of hours.

I guess a nice meal and a few drinks would make a stay in Geneva more enjoyable.

Plenty of watch shops to look in too!

M

Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Hotel Cristal is close to the station and pretty good value. If you’ve got time in the evening then I’d recommend walking to the old city on the other side of the Rhône and finding a place to eat there. If you like beef then Carnivor is good.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

There are numerous museums (the small but perfectly formed musée d'histoire des sciences is a favourite and of course Patek Philippe), the historical old town, Palais des Nations, art galleries, immaculate parks, flea markets, antique shops, lake cruises, stunning views of the highest Alps, CERN, vineyards, auberges... I went for a week and stayed for four years.