closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Carl f Bucherer

Carl f Bucherer

i recently spotted one of these,it’s not a brand I know a lot about other than some brands have brought models out with Bucherer reference in there name,so I’m thinking they can’t be too shabby.
    Comparing this model to some other brands it doesn’t look bad for the price ,has anyone got any experience with the brand .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I saw the bucherer collection at selfridges london. They appeared to be well made with nice details. Relatively smart in appearance. I feel this brand is under represented.

Would I buy one???? Not sure.

And if you need convincing...john wick wears one whilst obliterating everyone around him. So it'll stand up to those duties also ;)

The shop bearing this name featured predominantly in 'Atomic Blonde' on TV last night.

I too would like to know more about the brand. It's not one that gets mentioned around here much. I guess they are seen as just a jeweller that stamps their name on dials a bit like Tiffany & Co. But they seem to be more directly involved in watch manufacture as well. They now have their own in-house movements but I don't know if they were historically a real watchmaker or just a branded reseller.

I have a vintage ladies Bucherer that I picked up at a watch fair for a fiver. The older ones do not have "Carl F" in the name, but AFAIK it's the same company, which has existed continuously, rather than a resurrected brand like Junkers etc. That said I am not 100% certain on this, I'm only going on the marketing stuff on their website, which could well be misleading.

I bought that watch because I was fascinated by how tiny it is: basically cufflink size. The quality is extremely good. Don't know much else about it, but I believe there's a bit of a niche collectors' market for them and they normally go for about £100 or so (or at least that was the case when I looked into it after buying it, which was several years ago). So I probably got a bit of a bargain too.

Handled a couple of their “submariner” styled divers in Zurich a little while ago ....
    Very nicely made cases and bracelets, overall came away pretty impressed
    In the same category as Wempe and maybe the Eberhard divers,for me- so really, very good watches better known in Europe.
    Probably difficult to sell at a decent price used.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    no experience of the brand but i really fancied their scubatec manta trust model.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Handled a couple of their “submariner” styled divers in Zurich a little while ago ....
    Very nicely made cases and bracelets, overall came away pretty impressed
    In the same category as Wempe and maybe the Eberhard divers,for me- so really, very good watches better known in Europe.
    Probably difficult to sell at a decent price used.
    Yes, I see quite a lot of these over here. (External) quality of both Bucherer and Wempe looks pretty decent and they also have some attractive designs. Never had one on the wrist though.

Their Wiki page is pretty informative, they seem to be very much the genuine article.

As worn by John Wick. Good enough for me

Dave

This thread is a couple of years old and wonder if anyone else has had any experience with the brand?

With the current situation with getting timepieces from certain Manufacturers, its not surprising that buyers are looking elsewhere.

During my search I came across Carl F Bucherer and started looking at their range.

Quite like the Manero Powerreserve.

https://www.carl-f-bucherer.com/en/w...10912-08-53-01

Can anyone explain to me the "Bucherer" and "Carl F Bucherer" brands and their history?

As far as I can tell, they are the same company, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Bucherer doesn't actually make watches. They are however, well known for Bucherer Blue editions of other companies' watches, like the Tudor Black Bay. They also sell jewellery. In that sense they are a similar brand to Tiffanys. Whereas "Carl F Bucherer" is one of the longest-running Swiss watch manufacturers and seems to be a 100% watch-only brand, with in-house movements etc.

I've got a tiny (as in cufflink sized) ladies watch with "Bucherer" on the dial and I have no idea if it's actually made by Bucherer, or if this is more like the pre-Rolex days when the name on the dial would indicate the retailer rather than the manufacturer: like the West End Watch Company, whose well-known trench watches were actually made by Longines. Whoever made the movement, it's pretty exceptional for the fact that it's so small and it has probably the nicest sounding "tick" of any watch I own. I have't measured the beat rate but it's quite high and it's surprisingly accurate considering the only thing I did since I paid £5 for it out of a junk basket at a watch fair, was to clean some oxidation off the back. I think it dates from around the 1950s.

I’ve always assumed this to be a company with no real foothold in the UK - as a brand it means nothing to me at all unlike a brand like Tiffany. The Bucherer editions always seem to get mentioned in American based you tube channels and sites, and I’m sure they assume it’s a well known European brand. I worked near Bond Street for about 20 years - back when submariners were in the windows and every flavour of Datejust was available everywhere! - but never came across Bucherer?!

Their peripheral rotor rocks.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Can anyone explain to me the "Bucherer" and "Carl F Bucherer" brands and their history?

As far as I can tell, they are the same company, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Bucherer doesn't actually make watches. They are however, well known for Bucherer Blue editions of other companies' watches, like the Tudor Black Bay. They also sell jewellery. In that sense they are a similar brand to Tiffanys. Whereas "Carl F Bucherer" is one of the longest-running Swiss watch manufacturers and seems to be a 100% watch-only brand, with in-house movements etc.

I've got a tiny (as in cufflink sized) ladies watch with "Bucherer" on the dial and I have no idea if it's actually made by Bucherer, or if this is more like the pre-Rolex days when the name on the dial would indicate the retailer rather than the manufacturer: like the West End Watch Company, whose well-known trench watches were actually made by Longines. Whoever made the movement, it's pretty exceptional for the fact that it's so small and it has probably the nicest sounding "tick" of any watch I own. I have't measured the beat rate but it's quite high and it's surprisingly accurate considering the only thing I did since I paid £5 for it out of a junk basket at a watch fair, was to clean some oxidation off the back. I think it dates from around the 1950s.
    They do look to be the same company or two branches of the same parent company. Looks like Bucherer started its own autonomous watch brand Carl F. Bucherer in 2001.

https://www.carl-f-bucherer.com/en/brand/history

Before that they were more akin to a jeweller that puts its name on watches produced for them by others. I mostly know them from the colourful Archimedes super compressors produced in some sort of association with Milus in the 60's that had their name on them.

And their crest on the back