closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoffs

I know thereís usually a SuperBowl thread, but thought Iíd bring it forward a few weeks.

Just finished watching the Texans Bills game, well worth staying up for. Not sure how Deshaun Watson avoided that double tackle at the end though.

Not sure iím going to make the Patriots Titans game but will catch that later this morning.

Personally, canít see past the Ravens, assuming their injuries from the end of regular season have cleared up.

Sure the Chiefs will give it a good go, and the 49ers but just think the Ravens are too strong all over.

Many others following it?

Malc

Master
    I have been a Steelers fan for many years but since there QB Ben Rothlisburger has been away recovering from an injury that he incured at the start of the season the team seem to have fallen apart.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I have been a Steelers fan for many years but since there QB Ben Rothlisburger has been away recovering from an injury that he incured at the start of the season the team seem to have fallen apart.
    It's been a tough few years being a Steelers fan, Ben's injuries don't seem to be going away & we don't seem to have a replacement lined up or well not one that can lead the team. His wages are really restricting how much we have left due to the CAP.

Raven's will take the AFC agasint the Cheifs in the championship game, no chance the titans or the texans get into that game IMO. Titans did well to beat the Pats who are on the decline, Brady is just not Brady anymore. Hopfully The Titans stick with Tannerhill he's had a rough couple of years due to injuries.

NFC will be either the Saints or the 49ers in the superbowl

Is anyone else watching the NCAA games? LSU V Clemson should be a great game

I like the Chiefs for it.

Mahomes is such an excellent QB, you never know what he will do.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    As a Patriots fan, I'm not happy...

As not a Patriots fan I am happy or should I say not a fan of their backroom coaching methods. Brady is the greatest of all time and may play again I hear for another team next season , as a bear fan I would take him . As for a winner , the AFC has had an influence over the years, Mahones should win one , but I am hoping the NFC north comes through and no reason why not .. will at least make our half hearted attempt more palpable.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Only just started properly watching College games this year. The LSU Clemson game should be a proper slugfest with those two qb's. Seen Burrow a couple of times this season, looks so good but from my limited college knowledge, this has been an exceptional season for him compared to last season. Presume the Bengals will be sniffing around him come draft time.

As a Vikings fan, last night as a proper nail biter. Thought they deserved it as they bossed 3 of the 4 quarters, but a last quarter comeback from Brees would hardly have been a shock. Nice to see Kirk Cousins put some records to bed.

Think if you're an Eagles fan, take a pair of boots to the game and you might get on the way their injuries have been going. Enjoy watching Russell Wilson so glad he got through.

Some pretty crappy times next week for the Divisional games, but at least Vikings on at a decent time!!

Malc

Seahawks won so my daughter in law will be pleased, although they are drawn against the Packers, my son's team, so it will be murder around their house next Sunday!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

As a Saints fan, watching it with my mate who's Vikings, was pretty annoying!

Well that was a bit of a surprise.
    Don't take my silence for agreement. I've just realised you're too stupid to argue with.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Well that was a bit of a surprise.
    Indeed, the Titans are looking pretty good!

I personally think Brady will be a Patriot next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Indeed, the Titans are looking pretty good!
    And they have got the Chiefs.

I've really enjoyed KC this year and am looking forward to the game.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    Only just started properly watching College games this year. The LSU Clemson game should be a proper slugfest with those two qb's. Seen Burrow a couple of times this season, looks so good but from my limited college knowledge, this has been an exceptional season for him compared to last season. Presume the Bengals will be sniffing around him come draft time.

As a Vikings fan, last night as a proper nail biter. Thought they deserved it as they bossed 3 of the 4 quarters, but a last quarter comeback from Brees would hardly have been a shock. Nice to see Kirk Cousins put some records to bed.

Think if you're an Eagles fan, take a pair of boots to the game and you might get on the way their injuries have been going. Enjoy watching Russell Wilson so glad he got through.

Some pretty crappy times next week for the Divisional games, but at least Vikings on at a decent time!!

Malc
    I've been watching a bit of college football this year - highlight was the Army v Navy game!

Titans seem to do well against the Chiefs, so definitely not a given. One has to stop the qb and passing game, the other has to stop the running game. Derrick Henry has been an absolute monster.

49ers just outclassed the Vikings, but now theyíre against Aaron Rogers. He just made it look so easy against the Seahawks so should be a good match up.

Just caught up with the college championship game last night. Joe Burrow certainly looked as good as the hype, even with such a slow start. Sure the Bengals will benefit from him!!

Roll on Sunday night

Malc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to say after tonightís game that The Chiefs and Mahomes were going to take some stopping but having just watched the 49erís in that first half, think itís the 49ers thatíll take the stopping. That was brutal

Malc

Just came across this video of the top 100 NFL plays of the past decade:

Glad to see KC go through, I have really liked Mahomes, wonderful QB.

It's going to be an exciting SB.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Really looking forward to this Super Bowl as a neutral (Bears fan). I see KC are the slight favourites with the bookies but I think SF edge it in a very close tilt. The 49ers completely neutralised the Packers and their HoF Quarterback. Great D and great running game.

Fingers crossed it lives up to the hype.

Master
    Should be a great game. I reckon 49ers will do it. Much being made of Jimmy G's lack of passing in the playoffs, but the man can certainly throw a pass when he has to. I can see the running initially and then mixing in some deep shots to confuse the Chiefs' defence. Fingers crossed for a 51-49 score or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogmanfan View Post
    Should be a great game. I reckon 49ers will do it. Much being made of Jimmy G's lack of passing in the playoffs, but the man can certainly throw a pass when he has to. I can see the running initially and then mixing in some deep shots to confuse the Chiefs' defence. Fingers crossed for a 51-49 score or something like that!
    He's not really needed to throw, so why bother. Total ground annihilation against the Packers. I think different against KC - who will be a bit more confident against the run. The Chiefs managed to actually limit Henry to something a bit normal in the last game.

I have to lean on the Chiefs for the final - Quarterbacks are generally the players that win the Super Bowl matches and Mahomes is simply something else. Plus he has some incredible receivers who can make the big plays when needed.

He makes the Chief's look as if they're in total control of a match, even when behind - the Texans comeback always felt as if it would happen. Crazy. Plus a coach as good as Reid deserves a Super Bowl win.

Master
    49s will try the run and if it works will just ram it down the Chiefs defences throat. Try to keep Mahomeboy off the pitch as much as possible and hope Bosa and his mates get after him when he is. I think 49s are the best overall team just that Chiefs have Mahomes and he can score so rapidly. If nothing else you expect a high scoring entertaining final.

Journeyman
    Canít wait for the Finale, struggle to see past the 49ers juggernaut approach