closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoffs

I know there’s usually a SuperBowl thread, but thought I’d bring it forward a few weeks.

Just finished watching the Texans Bills game, well worth staying up for. Not sure how Deshaun Watson avoided that double tackle at the end though.

Not sure i’m going to make the Patriots Titans game but will catch that later this morning.

Personally, can’t see past the Ravens, assuming their injuries from the end of regular season have cleared up.

Sure the Chiefs will give it a good go, and the 49ers but just think the Ravens are too strong all over.

Many others following it?

Malc

Master
    I have been a Steelers fan for many years but since there QB Ben Rothlisburger has been away recovering from an injury that he incured at the start of the season the team seem to have fallen apart.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    I have been a Steelers fan for many years but since there QB Ben Rothlisburger has been away recovering from an injury that he incured at the start of the season the team seem to have fallen apart.
    It's been a tough few years being a Steelers fan, Ben's injuries don't seem to be going away & we don't seem to have a replacement lined up or well not one that can lead the team. His wages are really restricting how much we have left due to the CAP.

Raven's will take the AFC agasint the Cheifs in the championship game, no chance the titans or the texans get into that game IMO. Titans did well to beat the Pats who are on the decline, Brady is just not Brady anymore. Hopfully The Titans stick with Tannerhill he's had a rough couple of years due to injuries.

NFC will be either the Saints or the 49ers in the superbowl

Is anyone else watching the NCAA games? LSU V Clemson should be a great game

I like the Chiefs for it.

Mahomes is such an excellent QB, you never know what he will do.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    As a Patriots fan, I'm not happy...

As not a Patriots fan I am happy or should I say not a fan of their backroom coaching methods. Brady is the greatest of all time and may play again I hear for another team next season , as a bear fan I would take him . As for a winner , the AFC has had an influence over the years, Mahones should win one , but I am hoping the NFC north comes through and no reason why not .. will at least make our half hearted attempt more palpable.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Only just started properly watching College games this year. The LSU Clemson game should be a proper slugfest with those two qb's. Seen Burrow a couple of times this season, looks so good but from my limited college knowledge, this has been an exceptional season for him compared to last season. Presume the Bengals will be sniffing around him come draft time.

As a Vikings fan, last night as a proper nail biter. Thought they deserved it as they bossed 3 of the 4 quarters, but a last quarter comeback from Brees would hardly have been a shock. Nice to see Kirk Cousins put some records to bed.

Think if you're an Eagles fan, take a pair of boots to the game and you might get on the way their injuries have been going. Enjoy watching Russell Wilson so glad he got through.

Some pretty crappy times next week for the Divisional games, but at least Vikings on at a decent time!!

Malc

Seahawks won so my daughter in law will be pleased, although they are drawn against the Packers, my son's team, so it will be murder around their house next Sunday!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

As a Saints fan, watching it with my mate who's Vikings, was pretty annoying!

Well that was a bit of a surprise.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Well that was a bit of a surprise.
    Indeed, the Titans are looking pretty good!

I personally think Brady will be a Patriot next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    Indeed, the Titans are looking pretty good!
    And they have got the Chiefs.

I've really enjoyed KC this year and am looking forward to the game.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    Only just started properly watching College games this year. The LSU Clemson game should be a proper slugfest with those two qb's. Seen Burrow a couple of times this season, looks so good but from my limited college knowledge, this has been an exceptional season for him compared to last season. Presume the Bengals will be sniffing around him come draft time.

As a Vikings fan, last night as a proper nail biter. Thought they deserved it as they bossed 3 of the 4 quarters, but a last quarter comeback from Brees would hardly have been a shock. Nice to see Kirk Cousins put some records to bed.

Think if you're an Eagles fan, take a pair of boots to the game and you might get on the way their injuries have been going. Enjoy watching Russell Wilson so glad he got through.

Some pretty crappy times next week for the Divisional games, but at least Vikings on at a decent time!!

Malc
    I've been watching a bit of college football this year - highlight was the Army v Navy game!

Titans seem to do well against the Chiefs, so definitely not a given. One has to stop the qb and passing game, the other has to stop the running game. Derrick Henry has been an absolute monster.

49ers just outclassed the Vikings, but now they’re against Aaron Rogers. He just made it look so easy against the Seahawks so should be a good match up.

Just caught up with the college championship game last night. Joe Burrow certainly looked as good as the hype, even with such a slow start. Sure the Bengals will benefit from him!!

Roll on Sunday night

Malc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to say after tonight’s game that The Chiefs and Mahomes were going to take some stopping but having just watched the 49er’s in that first half, think it’s the 49ers that’ll take the stopping. That was brutal

Malc

Just came across this video of the top 100 NFL plays of the past decade:

Glad to see KC go through, I have really liked Mahomes, wonderful QB.

It's going to be an exciting SB.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Really looking forward to this Super Bowl as a neutral (Bears fan). I see KC are the slight favourites with the bookies but I think SF edge it in a very close tilt. The 49ers completely neutralised the Packers and their HoF Quarterback. Great D and great running game.

Fingers crossed it lives up to the hype.

Master
    Should be a great game. I reckon 49ers will do it. Much being made of Jimmy G's lack of passing in the playoffs, but the man can certainly throw a pass when he has to. I can see the running initially and then mixing in some deep shots to confuse the Chiefs' defence. Fingers crossed for a 51-49 score or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogmanfan View Post
    Should be a great game. I reckon 49ers will do it. Much being made of Jimmy G's lack of passing in the playoffs, but the man can certainly throw a pass when he has to. I can see the running initially and then mixing in some deep shots to confuse the Chiefs' defence. Fingers crossed for a 51-49 score or something like that!
    He's not really needed to throw, so why bother. Total ground annihilation against the Packers. I think different against KC - who will be a bit more confident against the run. The Chiefs managed to actually limit Henry to something a bit normal in the last game.

I have to lean on the Chiefs for the final - Quarterbacks are generally the players that win the Super Bowl matches and Mahomes is simply something else. Plus he has some incredible receivers who can make the big plays when needed.

He makes the Chief's look as if they're in total control of a match, even when behind - the Texans comeback always felt as if it would happen. Crazy. Plus a coach as good as Reid deserves a Super Bowl win.

Master
    49s will try the run and if it works will just ram it down the Chiefs defences throat. Try to keep Mahomeboy off the pitch as much as possible and hope Bosa and his mates get after him when he is. I think 49s are the best overall team just that Chiefs have Mahomes and he can score so rapidly. If nothing else you expect a high scoring entertaining final.

Journeyman
    Can’t wait for the Finale, struggle to see past the 49ers juggernaut approach

So who's staying up tonight?

Should be a great game. Really too close to call. Last year, it was one guy on the defence, Aaron Donald against the QB, Brady. This year, its a whole defensive line against the QB, although Mahomes is something special, and he has more weapons than Brady with Kelsie, Hill etc.

Really looking forward to it. Gonna go with Chiefs based purely on they have Mahomes but could go any way

Malc

Should be a great game. Really too close to call. Last year, it was one guy on the defence, Aaron Donald against the QB, Brady. This year, its a whole defensive line against the QB, although Mahomes is something special, and he has more weapons than Brady with Kelsie, Hill etc.

Really looking forward to it. Gonna go with Chiefs based purely on they have Mahomes but could go any way

Malc
    Me, i can get away with starting late tomorrow and I will. This is one of the best finals in a very, very long time. Two of the three best offenses - but they score in entirely different ways.

I agree with your assessment. I think a large part the game if the Chiefs can stop the run game and thus make Jimmy G make more plays than he's had to. He is prone to mistakes. Mahomes doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Me, i can get away with starting late tomorrow and I will. This is one of the best finals in a very, very long time. Two of the three best offenses - but they score in entirely different ways.

I agree with your assessment. I think a large part the game if the Chiefs can stop the run game and thus make Jimmy G make more plays than he's had to. He is prone to mistakes. Mahomes doesn't.
    Think stopping the running game will be hard. The 49ers seem to share the load with their RB’s, and if the Chiefs concentrate too much on that, they have Kittle, Sanders and Samuel who are not only excellent receivers, their yards after catch is one of the best, if not the best.

As a side show, for me, the two best Tight Ends are playing tonight and will be interesting to see how they get used. Kelsie is more a points scorer than Kittle, but love watching Kittle. He just seems to constantly play with a smile and looks like he’s just enjoying being there. But having said that, he’s been a monster for the last couple of seasons.

Malc

Too late for me.

I'll watch the highlights tomorrow.

I'd like to see KC win it as I have been watching Mahomes all season and have some American chums who support them.

He really is something special.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Craftsman
    I've taken tomorrow off work so I can stay up late to watch. Every year me and a few friends get together and watch and make a bit of an occassion out of it.

Genuinely don't mind who wins although i reckon the 49ers will edge it.

Think stopping the running game will be hard. The 49ers seem to share the load with their RB’s, and if the Chiefs concentrate too much on that, they have Kittle, Sanders and Samuel who are not only excellent receivers, their yards after catch is one of the best, if not the best.

As a side show, for me, the two best Tight Ends are playing tonight and will be interesting to see how they get used. Kelsie is more a points scorer than Kittle, but love watching Kittle. He just seems to constantly play with a smile and looks like he’s just enjoying being there. But having said that, he’s been a monster for the last couple of seasons.

Malc

Fair enough - if we assume they can't stop it, can the 49ers take enough time out of the clock so that Mahomes can't beat them through the air?

If you're a betting man - someone recommended to take a bet on both Kelsie and Kittle breaking the Super Bowl TE receiving yards record....

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Fair enough - if we assume they can't stop it, can the 49ers take enough time out of the clock so that Mahomes can't beat them through the air?

If you're a betting man - someone recommended to take a bet on both Kelsie and Kittle breaking the Super Bowl TE receiving yards record....
    The way Shanahan calls his plays, you’d assume they’ll try to keep him off the field, but that means they need to run. But he only needs a few minutes to create havoc. That 2nd quarter against the Texans was mad.

Could see Kelsie breaking the record, depends really how Kittle is used. Perversely, if the run works, he’ll see less of the ball and presumably will end up more as a blocker.

Malc

The way Shanahan calls his plays, you’d assume they’ll try to keep him off the field, but that means they need to run. But he only needs a few minutes to create havoc. That 2nd quarter against the Texans was mad.

Could see Kelsie breaking the record, depends really how Kittle is used. Perversely, if the run works, he’ll see less of the ball and presumably will end up more as a blocker.

Malc

It's part of what makes this Super Bowl so fascinating. We're about to get going!!!

Blog Entries
    I happen to be in San Francisco for work this week...

...time to crack open an American IPA and see what the fuss is all about.

And still can’t split them.

Thoroughly enjoyed that first half

Malc

And still can’t split them.

Thoroughly enjoyed that first half

Malc

Jup, excellent half and playing to how we expected it to go - not that it has helped us in figuring out who is going to win this! We simply sit back and watch!

Edit to add - great half time show
    Last edited by crazyp; 3rd February 2020 at 02:21.

Well worth staying up for.

Lots of coffee when I’m up in 3 1/2 hours

Malc

Blog Entries

NFL Playoffs

They (49ers) were doomed as soon as I started supporting them.
    Last edited by zelig; 3rd February 2020 at 04:47.

One of the best games I've ever seen and fair play to Mahomes to come back like that in the 4th

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I fell asleep
    Thankfully only for the half time stuff though.

Great game and a fantastic come back. I thought the 49ers had it in the bag.

So my initial prediction was kind of correct - Quarterbacks win you Super Bowls and Mahomes did exactly that. Jimmy G had the chance, but he's not in the same calibre (ironic given he had a decent game overall). Not his best game at all, but 3rd and long mid way through the 4th, after the previous play was called back and he throws a monster! That sets the groove and tempo and in a flash they score 2 touchdowns.

49ers were too conservative on offense and I think could have gone for the jugular earlier in the game. But credit to the Chiefs for sorting out their defence and for getting a 3 and out at a crucial time.

Worthy winners the Chiefs and Reid gets his first Super Bowl....we could be watching something special over the coming years with Mahomes - remember only his 3rd season (the first one doesn't count) and he's already won an MVP and a Super Bowl. As a Chargers fan, we ain't got a hope of winning our division in the foreseeable future and going to have to get used to seeing this dominance. Scary.

Mahomes MVP. Well deserved.

When I first saw him on US TV I knew he was something special.

49 ers needed Joe Montana!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Craftsman
    Got to half time, couldn’t stay awake any longer. Great game to that point. Will get the second half on catch up. Delighted more for Andy Reid. Mahomes is just a little special isn’t he?

Journeyman
    I had the great idea of drinking a bottle of red on my own before I even started having a beer or two whilst watching this. Needless to say I made it to half time and promptly fell asleep only waking up to see Mahomes being interviewed at the end. Just catching up with the highlights now.