closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag Carrera CV201.ALFC6357 Assistance Needed

Master

Tag Carrera CV201.ALFC6357 Assistance Needed

Afternoon good people of TZ,

Im hoping some could help me out with some thoughts on the above model, I know there isn't much love for Tag here but I had a Monaco as my first proper watch and have always liked the Carrera and through my work I'm able to get some really good discount 5o% of RRP on discontinued models and I recently tried the anniversary Monza which I quickly flipped and am now thinking it ay be time to bite the bulett.

Anyway my question is although Ive always fancied one I know they tend to lose money and while that isn't the be all and end all Im keen to see what feedback anyone has who has owned one I also know that I tend to flip watches quite regularly and so at just shy of £1700 im thinking it could be worth getting and if its not for me then I won't lose too much or is that just not the case with Tag?

So thoughts on me getting my money back and anyone who has had one or similar?

Thanks in advance

https://www.tagheuer.com/en-gb/watch...cv201aj-fc6357

Can’t help thinking that at £1700 you’d still lose on that one if you wanted a quick sale...you’d probably only get close to breaking even if you managed to find someone who was after that exact model and couldn’t get a deal elsewhere.

If I’m thinking whether a watch will lose much, I’m always taking into account whether it’s got wide appeal and will sell quickly or if it’s a model that would sit around on SC for months.

They are very good watches - better to sell it on ebay than on here though - as no love for the Tag it seems.

Wait for a £1 listing day

Look at the sold prices of the same model on ebay and factor in paypal

I do love them though

I have been pondering the older version of this watch - the one with an aluminium bezel insert, not ceramic.

I agree TAG Heuer doesn't get much love on here it seems - and I personally don't have a great deal of regard for much of what they do either - but there's something quite appealing & handsome about their Carrera line. Perhaps it's an odd association from my youth, when TAG Heuer seemed to be 'the' watch everyone wanted.

Regardless, at 50% or more discount it's a perfectly good & worthwhile watch - it looks nice and (Calibre 16 re-naming of the 7750 aside) isn't pretending to be anything more than it is (a solid, good-looking, stainless steel, 7750 chronograph). For what I'd want it for - a regular, no-fuss, no-thinking, versatile wear on weekends & in situations where I'd want to keep my 'better' watches out of potential harms way - it's pretty ideal.

Re-sale value was also a concern for me. I don't know about ebay, but history of sales on here suggests £1,700 for a leather strap version might be hard to achieve, unless you flipped it almost straight away and totally pristine, and to someone who wanted one specifically (as Christian quite rightly already said). An unserviced, 10 year old prior version on leather was advertised recently for a lot less than that.

I'm also not sure how sold I am on the hands on the newer models - they do greatly increase legibility over the smaller prior versions, but I can't decide whether the proportion is right (and if I'm wavering on such things, it's usually my negative gut feeling that tends to be proven correct in the long-run).

Master
    Good buy for brand new. The earlier versions of this on the bracelet are about £1300 used. Yours would be minty fresh with a guarantee but minus the bracelet. I reckon were you to flip, you'd realise around £1.4k. More if you're patient.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk