closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show off your scars

Show off your scars

Having spoken to a girl friend recently after I’d had some surgery,I was reliably informed that girls love a scar..so as most of us are a boastful bunch I thought it’d be interesting to see others wounds...obviously any genuine war wounds or those inflicted by a great white or salt water crocodile will take the bragging honours..
    Gentleman I’ll start with my mere nick of a wound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    I know some women who would be jealous of that nipple!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    😄always in a state of excitement me.

That’s a man nipple right there!

Quality lol

I think Eddie has got this thread won already going by what he posted a few months ago..

Blog Entries
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got Colin (cgs) for the win on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I've got Colin (cgs) for the win on this thread.
    Tough call, Colin or Eddie?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Craftsman
    Too many to count. Someone told me years ago that you meet lots of women if you go motorcycle racing which is true but most of them are nurses.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    One from 1992. It was the start of the rest of my life - when each day became a bonus. If the knife had been 2mm different it could have been a different story (all I will say is avoid mad ex-girlfriends).

Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    Having spoken to a girl friend recently after I’d had some surgery,I was reliably informed that girls love a scar..so as most of us are a boastful bunch I thought it’d be interesting to see others wounds...obviously any genuine war wounds or those inflicted by a great white or salt water crocodile will take the bragging honours..
    Gentleman I’ll start with my mere nick of a wound

Blimey!

How did you get that Thorpey?

From what I have seen, I think Eddie's will take some beating, unless somebody has been completely cut in half and sewn back together again.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    One from 1992. It was the start of the rest of my life - when each day became a bonus. If the knife had been 2mm different it could have been a different story (all I will say is avoid mad ex-girlfriends).

Wow. Not the biggest one here, but certainly the one that made the biggest impact on me! Glad you live to tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Blimey!

How did you get that Thorpey?

From what I have seen, I think Eddie's will take some beating, unless somebody has been completely cut in half and sewn back together again.
    had a shoulder replacement about a month ago.....could’ve been worse,rather like that stab wound😳

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

That's scary, was she a red head by any chance??

Sexy staples mate

I had some nasty shrapnel wounds to my left hand and right upper arm in Vietnam but the scars have faded and shrunk over the ensuing 53 years to be hardly noticeable today.

SydR
    Old scar from an accident with a glass bottle in 1983. Can still see stitch marks in the raised section down into my wrist. It’s the reason I wear my watches on my right wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Old scar from an accident with a glass bottle in 1983. Can still see stitch marks in the raised section down into my wrist. It’s the reason I wear my watches on my right wrist.
    Syd, that was no glass bottle! Don't you remember...it's when the fighting came down to bayonets in the Falklands!

I think I knew you had a PH, Tom but didn’t know what earned it.
    *tips his hat respectfully*
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I think I knew you had a PH, Tom but didn’t know what earned it.
    *tips his hat respectfully*
    Thanks. There was no turning back - - but I might have if I could!

Apprentice
    The scar is above my right eye. You can't really see it unless I point it out.

I picked up a blind, 3 legged cat with no tail when I was 3. I thought all kitties were like my kitties and loved me.

God, was I wrong.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Syd, that was no glass bottle! Don't you remember...it's when the fighting came down to bayonets in the Falklands!
    Must still be traumatised

Master
    Nice one that!

My girlfriend loves playing with my scar from my back surgery, I hate her doing it, makes me cringe. Probably reminds her of the time we first met... yes I did pick up my nurse (after I was discharged)

Must admit to having a bit of a weird fascination with stitches though. I think it stems from my childhood, being horrified looking in the mirror at the stitches in my forehead (attacked by a crocodile) yet at the same time wanting to play with them.

I’ve often found myself watching people have stitches removed on YouTube.

Mine is a mere scratch compared to others on here - and especially to Eddies

No clips or stitches - they joined the sides with some form of superglue!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

I've a few scars but not really massive ones!

Had a camera down me throat todays, No scars except in my mind- Never ever again!!

Carpol release surgery- Best thing I ever had done!!

Managed to get my right index finger in a 4" steel rope whilst taking the strain of a 250t roll housing casting, Pulled my figer out but it removed the whole flesh pad so they stitched a bit of my forearm in, Dunno why but they peeled my skin back right to the palm of my hand rendering the almost all the finger devoid of feeling, It's mostly back now though!, The wife said it looked like a scabby kn*b , Excuse the scruffy digit, I think i'd just finished changing the brake pads on the car!!

No pics of the scar but here's the bruising from my first knee replacement, Had the other done six months ago, It's still giving me gip!

After I managed to shoot myself with a BB pistol and the doc cut it a bit but then decided I should have it removed by someone that knew what they were doing!

This was done by a clever chap on here after I confessed to the stupid thing i'd done with a gun!!

I was burning scrap at work on a concrete floor which overheated the concrete and blew it!, A lump went down the back of my glove, Couldn't get the glove off fast enough and ended up with this blister!!

I have a scar on each of my wrists which makes it look like I tried to commit suicide, The first one that actually almost finished me off at fifteen years old opened the artery and blood shot across the room and hit the ceiling!, My legs went like rubber as I shouted my dad!, He bent my hand back and put his thumb inside to stop me bleeding out, Got it stitched up in time and i'm still here!, The other one was just a few years ago when I drilled a 3/8" hole in a piece of bronze in my lathe to make a bearing, I left the brand new drill in the tailstock chuck, I tried a shaft in to the hole and it cooled on to it, I was pulling quite hard when it suddenly came free and my right wrist ran over the cutting edge of the drill! Luckily it didn't go as deep and didn't actually bleed very much, It was just white inside!, never left a drill in the tailstock since!!

Don't have pics of them though!

Dropped a pallet on me finger at work and blacked the nail!

After it started lifting and I chopped some away..

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

John
    johnbaz,

Remind me never to cross paths with you man, you sound like the ultimate unlucky bar steward jinx !!!

Just did a mental tally and I have at least 13 separate significant scars and many other tiny ones. Probably around 150-200 stitches total ... though not sure they were all actually stitched.

Master
    No pics but I'll tell you the story. Windy day, blown into a kerb on motorcycle, kerb grips tyre and spins handlebars through 90 degrees causing me to go over handlebars into a tree! Unfortunately for me, not all of my body cleared the clutch lever and my dangly bits got ripped! The good doctor at the infirmary got busy with the needle and thread and all was well................... and very sore! Two weeks later I turn up at the hospital for stitches to be removed. "Where are they?" the nurse asks. After a bit of blushing, coughing and giggling, I am led to "another room" with more "privacy"! Picture the scene. I am sat on the edge of a bed with my jeans and undercrackers around my ankles and a nurse is knelt in front of me with her head and hands between my thighs. Suddenly the door opens and another two nurses fall over each other in the doorway, mouthing apologies and engaging reverse gear very quickly. We looked at each other and cracked up laughing. "It's alright for you" she said, "I've got to explain that when I see them!" Definitely no pics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Must admit to having a bit of a weird fascination with stitches though. I think it stems from my childhood, being horrified looking in the mirror at the stitches in my forehead (attacked by a crocodile) yet at the same time wanting to play with them.
    Whoah there, stop, rewind, how did that happen???

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post

Seems like a lot for just a cortisone injection in the knee!

Seems like a lot for just a cortisone injection in the knee!
    I was discharged last Friday and as part of the process they asked me a number of questions, one of which was "would you have it done again?"..........................
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Pffffttt

I make these scars for a living.

Pictures of scars!

You lot are pussies, the really good pictures are what's inside!

I assisted a spinal operation about a decade ago. A very complex correction of something called Scheuermann’s Kyphosis.
    We opened the left chest from the side by cutting under the 5th rib and spreading, the gas man collapsed the lung and you could (and Boss Man and me did) reach inside and hold the patients beating heart in our hands. Boss man spent 4 hours then correcting the curve and we stitched him up after reinflating the lung.
    We flipped the patient over onto his front (still asleep) and then incised longitudinally along about 70% of the length of the spine. Perhaps 80cm in length.
    Boss Man and me then spent a *further* 5 hrs correcting the curve from the back.

That's when I realised Spines wasn't for me.

Kudos to all the scuffs and grazes on display here though.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Craftsman
    Not a scar as such but an injury to my hand and thumb from a drunken night in a pub with friends. Wasnt bad till i woke up the next morning- thumb x 2 breaks and area at wrist had 2 breaks.My hand was like one of those rubber gloves when you blow it up. Lol

I have 37 scars. Face, neck, shoulders, stomach, back, both legs, arms, hands. The arms and hands were defensive wounds, the rest involved an axe, knives and a machete that almost took my left leg off. two transfusions, three lots of facial surgery and a lot of recuperation was needed. I remember the plastic surgeon saying after the third facial op "If you were a lassie we would fix you up even better". Good job I could box and took a few down or I wouldn't be here today....….. It did spur me on to take a change of direction with life so there were some positives eventually.

I would be blocking the thread up with pics (that is if I knew how to post pics on here :-))

I was discharged last Friday and as part of the process they asked me a number of questions, one of which was "would you have it done again?"..........................
    Your answer should have been: "Don't ask me when you're discharging me, ask me in 12 months!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    Pffffttt

I make these scars for a living.

Pictures of scars!

You lot are pussies...

Kudos to all the scuffs and grazes on display here though.

:) :) :) :) :) :)
    OK, Doc, let's see some scars on YOUR body!

A fresh one

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    A fresh one
    Paper cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Paper cut?

My thumb was pulled back and the ligament tore off a chunk of bone. They had to cut it open and pin the bit of bone back in place with ligament attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    I have 37 scars. Face, neck, shoulders, stomach, back, both legs, arms, hands. The arms and hands were defensive wounds, the rest involved an axe, knives and a machete that almost took my left leg off. two transfusions, three lots of facial surgery and a lot of recuperation was needed. I remember the plastic surgeon saying after the third facial op "If you were a lassie we would fix you up even better". Good job I could box and took a few down or I wouldn't be here today....….. It did spur me on to take a change of direction with life so there were some positives eventually.

I would be blocking the thread up with pics (that is if I knew how to post pics on here :-))

Good grief - what happened? I think we need the story behind that...

As for myself, I feel woefully inadequate in this thread having managed to lead a mostly blemish free life thus far...
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    As for myself, I feel woefully inadequate in this thread having managed to lead a mostly blemish free life thus far...
    So did I until two years ago

Master

I have a similar scar from a hip resurfacing op in 2008.
    Mine was glued too and it left a very faint wavy line, 8" long

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

OK, Doc, let's see some scars on YOUR body!
    As requested, this is next to my mouth. I almost carved off the mole!

I fell off the kitchen table into the (best) glasses cabinet, which had a glass door, aged 8. There were 72 crystal glasses inside. My mother drove me to A&E and they stitched it in A&E under local. Which is barely believable today on an 8 yr old, but was the thing in 1982. I can remember it very vividly.
    I've seen the photos of me a week after and I look like a shark has bitten my face. My mother said she wept over it for a month.

Last edited by The Doc; 8th January 2020 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    I have a similar scar from a hip resurfacing op in 2008.
    Mine was glued too and it left a very faint wavy line, 8" long

There will be 3 to 4 layers of stitches underneath, including a layer just under the surface. The glue is the top layer to make it watertight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    There will be 3 to 4 layers of stitches underneath, including a layer just under the surface. The glue is the top layer to make it watertight.
    Cheers Doc I didn't know that.

Master
    Been in the wars over the years from being stabbed to the more mundane knee replacement.

These are the wounds from my accident in 2017

Jesus Colin, between you and Eddie non of us stand a chance.

If I look really closely I can still see a scar below one of my knees where I knelt on a bit of glass as a nipper

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Jesus what was the accident?!