closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: Show off your scars

  1. #51
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,897
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs View Post
    Been in the wars over the years from being stabbed to the more mundane knee replacement.





    These are the wounds from my accident in 2017
    GAME OVER.................you win!

  2. #52
    I pulled out a hang nail from my little finger last week, and it's still sore! Do I qualify for sympathy in this thread? 😌

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wood View Post
    I pulled out a hang nail from my little finger last week, and it's still sore! Do I qualify for sympathy in this thread?
    I pulled my thigh muscle recently in a Barcelona nightclub at 4am trying to do the splits...

    ...Iím 50!

    Iíll admit that drink may have been involved!

  4. #54
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,897
    Okay...I'm re-entering the competition. I was attacked this morning by a vicious bush on my six-mile trail hike.


  5. #55
    Master thorpey69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sunny Essex
    Posts
    2,392
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    GAME OVER.................you win!
    What he said!

  6. #56
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ruislip, UK
    Posts
    867
    [QUOTE=johnbaz;5291789]I've a few scars but not really massive ones!



    I was burning scrap at work on a concrete floor which overheated the concrete and blew it!, A lump went down the back of my glove, Couldn't get the glove off fast enough and ended up with this blister!!

    QUOTE




    A similar thing happened to me with an AK47 cartridge that ejected, flew over my head and down the back of my T shirt (I'm left handed) while shooting in Las Vegas. Instructor couldn't stop laughing as I was trying to keep it together with a loaded weapon in my hands. The bugger was a bit warm!

  7. #57
    Master johnbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    sheffield,england
    Posts
    3,831

    [QUOTE=Riley;5293213]
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I've a few scars but not really massive ones!



    I was burning scrap at work on a concrete floor which overheated the concrete and blew it!, A lump went down the back of my glove, Couldn't get the glove off fast enough and ended up with this blister!!

    QUOTE




    A similar thing happened to me with an AK47 cartridge that ejected, flew over my head and down the back of my T shirt (I'm left handed) while shooting in Las Vegas. Instructor couldn't stop laughing as I was trying to keep it together with a loaded weapon in my hands. The bugger was a bit warm!
    I work in a heavy foundry and used to work with molten steel/Iron, Up to 580 tonnes at a go!, I've had a few spots of metal find it's way in!

    One day I opened the nozzle with the Oxy lance, The metal splashed back from the bath and a bit came straight at me, Bounced off my shoulder and went down me lugoyl!, It went through my eardrum and I had to spit it out from the back of my throat! It tasted like I had been licking rusty iron gates!!

    Another time a spark went down the back of my collar and stuck at my belt!, I wriggled in a way that everyone thought I was going to start break dancing or body popping!, It burned through my undercrackers and ended burning my foot in my boot!

    Another time I had all the hair on the back of my head burnt off when the downgates weren't aligned with the runner pots, It splashed back so hard that the steel actually came through my visor! , We were eight feet above ground and I had to turn to jump off the staging, As I didn't want to jump down the empty moulding pit (28 feet deep!) and as soon as I turned my hair was gone!

    I also suffered a burn the length of my little finger as it got down my glove too!, I was sitting in the A&E when two nurses came by, One said to the other, "I can smell burning"!!

    When I saw the doc he said my scalp was burned so badly that the hair wouldn't grow back and also that i'd need a skin graft on my finger as i'd not be able to bend it! I hope he's sweeping roads or emptying bins now cos he sucks as an MD! My hair grew back fully and I can move my pinky without problem!!

    Ahh for the good old days!


    John

  8. #58
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ruislip, UK
    Posts
    867
    [QUOTE=johnbaz;5293438]
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post

    I work in a heavy foundry and used to work with molten steel/Iron, Up to 580 tonnes at a go!, I've had a few spots of metal find it's way in!

    One day I opened the nozzle with the Oxy lance, The metal splashed back from the bath and a bit came straight at me, Bounced off my shoulder and went down me lugoyl!, It went through my eardrum and I had to spit it out from the back of my throat! It tasted like I had been licking rusty iron gates!!

    Another time a spark went down the back of my collar and stuck at my belt!, I wriggled in a way that everyone thought I was going to start break dancing or body popping!, It burned through my undercrackers and ended burning my foot in my boot!

    Another time I had all the hair on the back of my head burnt off when the downgates weren't aligned with the runner pots, It splashed back so hard that the steel actually came through my visor! , We were eight feet above ground and I had to turn to jump off the staging, As I didn't want to jump down the empty moulding pit (28 feet deep!) and as soon as I turned my hair was gone!

    I also suffered a burn the length of my little finger as it got down my glove too!, I was sitting in the A&E when two nurses came by, One said to the other, "I can smell burning"!!

    When I saw the doc he said my scalp was burned so badly that the hair wouldn't grow back and also that i'd need a skin graft on my finger as i'd not be able to bend it! I hope he's sweeping roads or emptying bins now cos he sucks as an MD! My hair grew back fully and I can move my pinky without problem!!

    Ahh for the good old days!


    John
    It can get quite dicey in my office too. My stapler can be a bas**ard if not handled correctly.

  9. #59
    Master johnbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    sheffield,england
    Posts
    3,831

    [QUOTE=Riley;5293441]
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

    It can get quite dicey in my office too. My stapler can be a bas**ard if not handled correctly.
    Hee hee!!

    When pouring metal it tends to spit a bit until the down gates are clear and there's a steady stream flowing, I used to stick a lance up the nozzle to get the chilled bit out of the way and let the steel run, We've put 520 tonnes in to a sand mould in 4 minutes followed by a top up of around 60 tonnes within 24 hours!

    I have the silver helmet on with my back to the camera!, Thankfully I don't get near the hot stuff now due to bad knees and asthma!!


    I'm cleaning the downgates in this one, Not a job I normally did, My mate did the cleaning and I normally opened up when there was more than one opening..


    This pic I found online, It's another multi pour after I came off that job!


    I used to love doing this kind of thing, Not any more though!!


    John..

  10. #60
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    18,395
    Wow...
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

  11. #61
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    14,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Wow...
    Indeed!!
    It's just democracy.

  12. #62
    Master raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunstroke capital,Cyprus
    Posts
    2,976
    John Rambo is missing from this thread
    Ill pm him

  13. #63
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    6,978
    Blog Entries
    1
    [QUOTE=johnbaz;5293535]
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post

    Hee hee!!

    When pouring metal it tends to spit a bit until the down gates are clear and there's a steady stream flowing, I used to stick a lance up the nozzle to get the chilled bit out of the way and let the steel run, We've put 520 tonnes in to a sand mould in 4 minutes followed by a top up of around 60 tonnes within 24 hours!

    I have the silver helmet on with my back to the camera!, Thankfully I don't get near the hot stuff now due to bad knees and asthma!!


    I'm cleaning the downgates in this one, Not a job I normally did, My mate did the cleaning and I normally opened up when there was more than one opening..


    This pic I found online, It's another multi pour after I came off that job!


    I used to love doing this kind of thing, Not any more though!!


    John..
    One mistake will not leave you scarred I suppose... Finding you back will be a bigger problem. I'm glad that people have the nerves to do this kind of jobs.

    I had my first job as a teacher just after leaving the army. And I'd just met this girl, later becoming my first wife. She would come over to me and I'd promised to pick her up from the train station on Saturday morning. I got up early and started clean coffee cups. One broke into pieces in my hands and I cut the palm of my hand. It looked like a slaughterhouse floor! I knocked on the door of the people living next door, a young couple both studying to be come a doctor "That needs stitching!" But I didn't have time!

    So I wrapped a towel around my hand, got in my car and went to the train station, wearing my old army jacket. I put my hand in the pocket of the jacket and waited for the train to arrive. I was bleeding so heavily that the towel got soaked and the jacket became blood-coloured as well. A pretty gruesome impression when she came out of the train! So we decided to go to the A&E. 5 of 6 stitches and a lot of bandage stopped the bleeding. The doctor advised us to go to the beach: the cold wind will cool your hand and it won't hurt as much... Nowadays it's only a small scar.

    Perhaps, in hindsight, a prophecy: my marriage with her would become a bl@@dy mess.

  14. #64
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,400
    Blog Entries
    1
    Addenbrookes did it sir, Christmas 2001...

    Haemorrhage and brain surgery to clip the burst artery. Continues to my forehead and it is an incredibly neat bit of stitching.

    Pitch



  15. #65
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    lancashire
    Posts
    951
    The steak knife wins every time ha ha
    Good news despite severing my tendon
    I have almost 100% movement back in my thumb. IMG_2048.JPGIMG_2126.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information