closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on IWC IW371815*ceratanium

Thoughts on IWC IW371815*ceratanium

Came across this online and interested what people think. I like the look of it but am not that keen on the top gun logo but it's on the back so could live with it.
    Never heard of ceratanium but it seems like a decent compromise between ceramic and metal. Anyone got one or seen one in the flesh.

Link to website
    https://www.iwc.com/gb/en/watch-coll...eratanium.html

I like it - and it does seem an evolution on the ceramic only offering. The Hodinkee LE used this and not heard of any issues. Pricey watch and big at 44mm and 16mm plus height. However, pretty damn cool.

Didn't someone on here recently drop one, resulting in cracked lugs and a hefty replacement cost? It might have been the a standard ceramic though?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Didn't someone on here recently drop one, resulting in cracked lugs and a hefty replacement cost? It might have been the a standard ceramic though?
    Was the standard ceramic. I'm guessing less likely to be so bad with this hybrid. https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...hlight=ceramic

At £12k, imagine the bath you'll take on resale! Almost double the price of the standard version too. Like you, not a fan of the logo. Ceratanium - sounds like it came from X-Men...

Master
    I absolutely love that, wonder if any discount could be squeezed

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    At £12k, imagine the bath you'll take on resale!
    This, but it's a great looking watch.
    Last edited by andy tims; 3rd January 2020 at 17:40.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    At £12k, imagine the bath you'll take on resale! Almost double the price of the standard version too.
    A Roman bath!

Will see if I can get a discount, hard to judge resale value as there are none available

Master
    The resale won’t be as bad as the usual culprits as the ceratanium is not widely THAT available as production is not as high. Furthermore it’s actually a very good looking watch with an in-house caliber. Check C24 and u will see that Yes u will take a hit but not nearly as much as ur typical IWC or panerai.

Master
    Just tried one of these on and it’s awsome

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great looking watch, I personally wouldn’t buy it at anywhere near that price. You could by an IWC Yacht Club chrono from WFinder for half that price.