closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chris Ward steps aside at Christopher Ward

Hybrid View

Chris Ward steps aside at Christopher Ward

Just seen this on the CW forum:

"As the Christopher Ward brand moves forward into the new decade with more optimism than ever, it’s tinged with more than a little sadness that it will be without Chris himself.

For, after nearly 16 years, Chris has now left the business and will no longer be involved on an ongoing basis.

Of course, as a co-founder and the man whose name adorns the dial, he will always be part of the history of the brand but as many people inside CW know, his involvement with the business has declined significantly in recent years and it seemed right for everyone, including Chris, that this was the moment to formally step aside.

Peter and I will miss seeing him on a daily basis although we certainly won’t miss the smug look on his face as his beloved Liverpool Football Club chalk up yet another win on their way to the title. We’re hoping to be together at the Everton v Liverpool derby game in March when I am confident the blues will take the three points!

So, we thank Chris for the last 16 years, the ups, the downs, the football banter and the laughs (mainly the laughs!) and we wish him every future success in whatever he chooses to do next as well as reminding him to not become a stranger to his many friends at CW.

Mike France

CEO & co-founder

Master
    That will lead to intersting times at CW. A brand I followed a lot in the last few years but I haven't bought any of their watches in the last 3 or so years now. Good luck to Chris for the future of course.

Master
    It'll be like Taggart when he was no longer in it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    NOW maybe they will put the logo back at 9!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Was waiting for someone to say that. Saved me saying it myself!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back at 9? I wasn't aware it had moved from that position since CWL took the decision to move it from 12 and put it at 9.

As the Christopher Ward brand moves forward into the new decade with more optimism than ever
    The marketing department have missed the opportunity here to add the words thrusting, and sunlit uplands. Slackers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    Back at 9? I wasn't aware it had moved from that position since CWL took the decision to move it from 12 and put it at 9.
    Oops, how confusing...

I meant at 12 😏

Craftsman
    I always thought Christopher Ward was a terrible name for a watch brand. So many watch brands have simple 5 letter names that are timeless

Rolex
    Omega
    Seiko
    Nomos
    Tudor
    Casio
    Timex

If I was starting a watch company, it would have a simple non personal name.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    ...or like Bremont watches when there was never anyone called Bremont involved? Oops sorry, wrong thread!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post

Is it just me, or as a fellow Scot do you always put on an even more Scottish accent when saying “there’s been a murder”?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    Is it just me, or as a fellow Scot do you always put on an even more Scottish accent when saying “there’s been a murder”?
    I'm not a Scot and I always put on a very heavy accent when I say it!!!

I'm not a Scot and I always put on a very heavy accent when I say it!!!
    Ditto, although in the voice of Dr Findlay's Janet, for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    Ditto, although in the voice of Dr Findlay's Janet, for some odd reason.
    Now that does bring back memories. Unfortunately I couldn't find a clip of her answering the phone, "Arden Hoouse".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    Gotta roll those r's

Master
    Could never get past the name on the dial or the massive price drops. Really like a couple of the watches though, and that moon one they did recently looked very nice I think.

The CW logo and name has been a bone of contention for many for sometime, I'd have bought one of these had it not been for the logo, as for the quality and customer service I've only heard good things.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Customer service was great a few years ago. But as reports on the forum and FB page go it has really gone downhill in the recent years. Especially since CW's wife left the team. Maybe that will improve going forward.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

De Bethune? MB&F?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I don't know where the company is going, but I have one watch from them, and another one on it's way. I am yet to find to find a watch at this price point (even the full RRP) with similar quality. The case polishing is much nicer (to me of course) than any Oris I've seen. And Oris is double the price most of the time. I also like the fact it's an UK brand. It'll remind me of all the good things that I love about this country when I'm no longer a resident (near future).

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I also like the fact it's an UK brand. It'll remind me of all the good things that I love about this country when I'm no longer a resident (near future).
    I hope you like Switzerland as well, as by it's own admission it's Anglo-Swiss. that's what the two flags 'symbol' is all about.

The in house movement came courtesy of the merger with the Swiss company that had already created it. Jorg Bader, of said merged company is the largest single shareholder in the Holding company (although the total value of the other two partners eclipse that total), or he was until they recently secured funding and two new directors came on board. No idea of the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Caller View Post
    I hope you like Switzerland as well, as by it's own admission it's Anglo-Swiss. that's what the two flags 'symbol' is all about.
    It says “Swiss Made” on their watches too, so yeah.
    You know what I mean :-)

Indeed.

I've had a few CWs, but while I quite like some of their current designs, most have gone and I don't see myself buying any more at the moment.

However, they have a high profile amongst normal people (ie those who don't frequent watch forums!) and clearly are doing fairly well.

Will be interesting to see if post Christopher they maintain that success.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?