closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dial damage

Master

Dial damage

would this be caused by water or condensation?

Last edited by BillN; 2nd January 2020 at 20:01.

I would say both Bill ! You may be lucky and get most of the crud off . I have a nivada diver in at the moment, with hands worse than these ( rusty )and been told theres no chance of getting them cleaned up !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    I would say both Bill ! You may be lucky and get most of the crud off . I have a nivada diver in at the moment, with hands worse than these ( rusty )and been told theres no chance of getting them cleaned up !
    Thanks Robbo, I'm just concerned that the movement may also have suffered

I've got a spare set of hands - and I would think the dial can be saved.
    Last edited by BillN; 2nd January 2020 at 20:01.

The staining on the plots is also consistent with damp penetration. You need to get the back off, but it seems likely that there has been a leak at some point, or a crown left open or partly open in water.

I would agree with Wallasey . It could be historic damage and you may find no rust inside on the case or movement . I am assuming this is a new purchase for you and you have no prior history of what happened ?

This was the case with my Nivada , it was only the hands that were badly damaged . I have put this down to the watch getting wet ( Divers watch ) so obviously used as intended. Movement/ case were sorted at some point before I got it but hands were not ! . Dial is ok apart from some lume deterioration .

Its with James Hyman at the moment having a service and relume , hes doing his best with the hands !!