closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Family law solicitor in/near Colchester - any recommendations?

Family law solicitor in/near Colchester - any recommendations?

Looks like TZ-UK is well on the way to having a divorced/separated first and second eleven. I am now unexpectedly also available for selection ... so, any recomendations for a family law solicitor in Colchester to help me with a divorce?

Guys, I cannot help with the legal stuff but will offer my heartfelt sympathy.
    I am quite surprised by the number of divorces, although the heartache doesn’t.

All the best if you’re going through this.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Looks like TZ-UK is well on the way to having a divorced/separated first and second eleven. I am now unexpectedly also available for selection ... so, any recomendations for a family law solicitor in Colchester to help me with a divorce?
    Sorry to hear you are going through the same thing, even though I had an idea it was coming it’s still not the easiest thing to come to terms with. All the best mate.

Me here too...

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Me here too...
    Sorry to hear that. I can unironically say I feel your pain.

Craftsman
    Chins up You Guys.Been There Myself (a decade ago). It’s unpleasant but You can survive it. I got My divorce papers and asked My old Dad what am I going to do.His answer was get on with Your life.The best advice I received from anyone and it was free.Hang in there !

Master
    All the best to all of you.

Craftsman
    Been there and got the tee-shirt. If at all possible, and I know it's not easy, try to keep things amicable as much as you can. It'll save both anguish and money in the long run. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gary1064 View Post
    Been there and got the tee-shirt. If at all possible, and I know it's not easy, try to keep things amicable as much as you can. It'll save both anguish and money in the long run. Good luck!
    I spoke to an IFA, and he said that the solicitors will try everything they can to get us arguing...

Craftsman
    I spoke to an IFA, and he said that the solicitors will try everything they can to get us arguing...
    Well yes, the more you argue then the longer it takes, and the more they make in fees...

The whole legal divorce process was designed to create conflict. Even an amicable split used to have to select from one of a set of accusatory reasons. If your just wanted to ‘go your own way’ you either waited 2 years for a ‘2 year with consent split’ or you had to accuse the other party of wrongdoing.

Master
    Yes this is true. I will send the original poster details of my solicitor, he was as straight as an arrow , no messing about and he only did and charged for what was required.

I strongly recommend that you keep the lawyers out and settle it yourselves amicably. If not you should use the company I PM'd you.

They won't mess you around.

(My ex refused to settle , got lawyers involved which forced me to follow suit....4 years later after me being villified on a regular basis by her legal team over ridiculous nonsense she got less than I offered her and about £20k in legal fees , mine were £6k ...total waste of time ,money and energy)
    Last edited by Mr.D; 3rd January 2020 at 03:15.