closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: APC ups battery replacements

APC ups battery replacements

Hello,

I have noticed duriing a power outage that my APC Back-UPS RS900G uninterruptable power supply has only 7 minutes capacity left after 7 years.
    I didn't realize it had got so low but since APC recommend replacing after 3 years i think i have done ok :)

I did buy a replacement battery for a belkin ups from a third party online in the past but that is beyond 7 years and thus i cant remember the name. I do remember it was a site that specialized in only battery's for ups and other electrical equipment.

So does anyone have any suggestions for an online supplier?
    BTW i am a hope user so a business supplier that requires minimum quantities is no good to me.

thanks for your time

Martin

Google: “APC ups RS900G batteries”

(it worked for me)

With that google term i am getting an amazon uk ups but not a replacement battery.
    The other firm is in europe battery direct.

After that its the official site with high prices

I got a whole lot of different sites, and the purchasing options right across the screen.

this any good>. https://www.battery-direct.com/APC-RBC123-BD1.html
    Last edited by blackal; 31st December 2019 at 23:36.

I’ve never had any trouble buying them and I’ve done a couple of different ones now. Without access to the paperwork I can’t tell you the vendor but they’re not difficult to find.

How much endurance do you need? Your batteries are probably swollen and goosed but seven minutes is long enough to save your work and shut down properly isn’t it? Essentially that’s about all you can rely on a ups for.

I bought our UPS from currys/pc world business. Not sure if what you need is amongst this.....

https://business.currys.co.uk/search...s%20battery%20

You've probably seen already but scan, ebuyer and amazon are all showing them as available or awaiting restock at around what appears to be the going rate (+ delivery) for the APC branded replacement.

I replaced the battery in my APC Back-UPS ES 700 recently. However that takes a widely available standard 12v SLA costing ~£17, which I picked up from Battery Megastore in Tewkesbury. May be worth giving them a call when they re-open for business after the break to see if they can offer an alternative.

Journeyman

Battery Option

Hi

I have recently bought batteries (cars and house alarm back-up) from: https://www.tayna.co.uk/, and found them helpful on the phone with questions, and priced well for next day delivery.

L-K

Quote Originally Posted by Low-Key View Post
    Hi

I have recently bought batteries (cars and house alarm back-up) from: https://www.tayna.co.uk/, and found them helpful on the phone with questions, and priced well for next day delivery.

L-K
    We get all our (APC) UPS batteries from Tanya now.

Craftsman
    I'm in the electrical game.
    We used to buy our batteries direct from APC (they are on google search) but the last lot we got from Amazon as they were much cheaper.
    Punch the part number into google and pick the cheapest supplier but be careful as you will get hits for equivalent makes and also carriage will vary as they are heavy items.

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    I’ve never had any trouble buying them and I’ve done a couple of different ones now. Without access to the paperwork I can’t tell you the vendor but they’re not difficult to find.

How much endurance do you need? Your batteries are probably swollen and goosed but seven minutes is long enough to save your work and shut down properly isn’t it? Essentially that’s about all you can rely on a ups for.
    used to get around 25mins originally.
    Looking seems to throw up different shapes of battery which couldn't be right.

looks like I will have to unplug everything and open it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I'm in the electrical game.
    We used to buy our batteries direct from APC (they are on google search) but the last lot we got from Amazon as they were much cheaper.
    Punch the part number into google and pick the cheapest supplier but be careful as you will get hits for equivalent makes and also carriage will vary as they are heavy items.
    I assume the part number is only available on the actual battery itself?

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    I assume the part number is only available on the actual battery itself?
    According to both the specs on their website and also the manual (last page half way down) the official replacement battery is an APCRBC123.

the part number search unfortunately brings up 2 types of battery.

One with terminals on top and another with the terminals in the middle recessed.
    I opened up the ups and it has the terminals recessed so be careful when ordering a visual check is needed it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    We get all our (APC) UPS batteries from Tanya now.
    tanya gave me the wrong spade terminal type