closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bracelet Link Pins

Bracelet Link Pins

I tried to adjust the bracelet on my Seiko Monster today. This required removing one of the links. To my dismay I found that the pins are held in with collars. After removing a link I wasn't able to insert one of the collars properly. I don't have the right tools. I ended up losing the damn thing. It's a very unfriendly user system! Would it be okay to use a split pin instead? Any thoughts please. It's quite ruined my new year's eve!

Welcome to the "Monster owners club" we've pretty much all been there.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Why not do a WTB, I'm sure someone with similar watch has a few spare links and could sell or let you have a link and pin. Not much point splitting them.

Was it one of those horrible ones were the collar goes in the middle section and you have to try and ram the pin through? Pins like this should be banned, even Steinhart make great pins with a screw thread at one end and quite solid - easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Why not do a WTB, I'm sure someone with similar watch has a few spare links and could sell or let you have a link and pin. Not much point splitting them.

Was it one of those horrible ones were the collar goes in the middle section and you have to try and ram the pin through? Pins like this should be banned, even Steinhart make great pins with a screw thread at one end and quite solid - easy.
    They’re pretty easy to use. The collar can’t go anywhere once you’ve offered up the adjoining link.

I have found an excellent YouTube video that helps greatly. The guy blahs a bit but very useful.
    https://youtu.be/cwr3kkLKjqo
    I will go no further tonight as I have a large glass of whisky to consume. Happy New Year everyone.
    Last edited by Kaffe; 31st December 2019 at 22:37.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Welcome to the "Monster owners club" we've pretty much all been there.
    Yes indeed. I am rebuilding a gen 1 monster. It is more awkward than the SKX!

I've just found the collar! It was on the carpet about 2 metres from where I was sitting.

Craftsman
    Well done finding it.
    Split pins shouldn't replace tubes and pins, they will be a good fit for the outside of the bracelet but centre where the tube is, it will be a loose fit. This will cause premature wear in the long run by having a loose fit.

Quote Originally Posted by me32dc View Post
    Well done finding it.
    Split pins shouldn't replace tubes and pins, they will be a good fit for the outside of the bracelet but centre where the tube is, it will be a loose fit. This will cause premature wear in the long run by having a loose fit.
    Thanks. Yes, I was looking for a quick fix but you are correct. I ordered up some punches from Cousins to do the job. However I just couldnt wait so, now I know how they work, I improvised. Two links were removed which gave me enough pins and collars to re-attach. I think it is okay! The model is SRP581 which originaly came on a rubber strap. It's sister, the SRP583, had a bracelet. Being a braclet fan, I decided to change. Very pleased with the change. Though I need to work out how the diver extension works!

[IMG][/IMG]