closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year, what’s your plans tonight?

Happy New Year, what’s your plans tonight?

OK, I’m posting this feeling a little smug. New Years Eve for me and wife is normally a Chinese takeaway followed by a few hours of tv (which we complain about) then in bed before 11! But this year, it’s a high speed rib down the Thames and parked up by the London eye in time to watch the fireworks. Only down side is along with my wife we’ll be with her sister and my brother in law.

So what are your plans?

We are in Naples Florida with the in laws and family so early dinner this evening beachside, fireworks, and the grandparents have generously offered to babysit so the rest of us can head off to Pelican Larrys, should be fun, HNY folks.

Master
    Quiet one here, just put ribs & pit beans on the smoker for later. Couple of bottles of fizz with the wife & probably in bed before midnight.

We don’t tend to get overly excited about it all to be honest, new day / year, same shit lol.

That rib on the Thames sounds a lot more enjoyable than mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Out for a curry. Almost certainly in bed before 12.

Craftsman
    Quiet one in the house with my wife, both of us a bit ill. I’ll use it as an opportunity to work through a selection of my open whiskies, coinciding the nicest of them with the bells. Note that I will not be consuming Bell’s at the bells.

Absolutely nothing. Took the decs down two days ago and life feels normal again. Given up drinking and will probably be in bed before people feel the urge to watch £50 worth of fireworks go fizz, bang. Might as well just set fire to a fistful of bank notes and have done with it.

New Years Eve has always been a non-event for me, just hate it. Roll on tomorrow.

Meeting friends for early New Years drinks, I have less staying power these days, we will definitely be back home and in bed before Big Ben chimes.

As with most things as I get older, the later it gets the less likely it is to happen, so I try and get in early!

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year.

First time we’ve done nothing on NYE for around 15 years, as we are usually at friends house or hosting, but circumstances didn’t work out this year. Actually looking forward to a quiet one.

Our teenagers are out celebrating, so it’ll be the missus, I and Hootenanny.

Round to friends for drinks/music/food.

As the hound will be with us, we plan to walk the 4 or so miles home in the early hours.

What SWMBO doesn't know is that I think i've identified a short cut whilst checking on Google maps, so we'll see!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    Quiet one in the house with my wife, both of us a bit ill. I’ll use it as an opportunity to work through a selection of my open whiskies, coinciding the nicest of them with the bells. Note that I will not be consuming Bell’s at the bells.
    A shot per chime?

Blog Entries
    Am in Florence, Italy - and will be passing tonight with my historical, old friends. Meticolously planned meal, our part is to provide my renowned cockles pasta. Cockles prepared this morning, will be great within 15 mins of the water boiling. Others will provide other dishes, plus the compulsory “cotechino” pork meat with lentils, which are supposed to bring you wealth in the new year. Apart from that, most dishes will be fish-based, as in italian superstition is said that fish brings good luck.

We first all go to theatre about 19:00, and start cooking later at a friend’s place, hoping to start the meal around 11:00. It will be a long night.

Happy new year to you all
    Franco
    Last edited by Franco; 31st December 2019 at 16:22.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Doing sweet f.a.

I hate new years eve so it's a take away and NowTV movie here.

Have a good time everyone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Out for a curry. Almost certainly in bed before 12.
    We toyed with that, but given we go most Fridays we thought we needed a change. Not as though we didn’t have one Xmas Eve, and then again on the Friday!

Made a mistake ordering the mixed grill madras strength, caused coughing fits at every table the brought it past when it was sizzling, much amusement until it reached my table & I started too followed by my wife.

Enjoy yours, suddenly my ribs don’t seem like the option I want.

Blog Entries
    For the first time in 19 yrs, the mrs and I are alone on New Years Eve. The boys are off to friends.

Today is the noisy day... Fireworks all day long, especially 'carbide shooting'. I posted about that last year. Nice tradition. It sounds like an artillary gun firing.

Menno

EDIT: We rewatched Any Given Sunday. Even after 20 yrs a good movie.
    Fireworks make the atmosphere very, very foggy. Almost smog-like. In the north, 60 cars collided on the motorway. A long-time friend of us, a surgeon, is called to the hospital to operate on casualties. For her not a problem, but for the people in the cars and who are in hospital now, this is going to be be a New Years Eve they're not going to forget!

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 31st December 2019 at 22:49.

At home with Missus, a couple of bottles of champers, nice meal, Hootananey and try and stay awake for the Chimes . It was on the news a couple of days ago that Big Ben will be ringing for the first time after its restoration !!

Happy New Year to all

Grand Master
    For reasons I’ve never worked out, I dislike new years eve. When I was growing up no- one made a big fuss about it and that’s the way I prefer it. I’m happy to stay in, sooner its over with the better. Really don’t get it, why the celebration? December 2019 becomes Jan 2020, I’ve survived another year, what’s the big deal?

Master
    Watch some Alaska the last frontier, pine for the fjords, get some shut eye.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    A shot per chime?
    Thinking about it, I do have at least a dozen bottles open so it would be feasible, if not advisable.

Craftsman
    I have a night in London planned ...... unfortunately it’s another night repairing ambulances, with the added bonus of road closures to make it a little more interesting.

The two of us always just open a bottle of wine & stay in.

I don't much care for New Year, I really like Christmas but really don't like January (it's a flat & crap month) so celebrating New Year ain't really my thing !

A quiet dinner (roast duck), a bottle of bubbly and some Jules Holland hootenanny. Bea will no doubt go to bed before me as she doesn't last, and neither of us have any desire to be out amongst the crowds.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We’ve got our daughters home. Don’t need anything else (although I might try a couple of glasses of rose wine if my daughters don’t complain too much- apparently I talk even mire rubbish after imbibing)

Master
    Down the local with friends

Some nice red wine, log fire, TV and (maybe) a hotub.

HNYE
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    8 of us tonight, i'm doing my three cheese fondue ...

I'm supposed to be meeting friends for a meal, but went down a couple of days ago with Novavirus bug. Just resting now in bed reading Mark 'Billy' Billingham's book 'The Hard Way'.
    Anyway, hope you all have a good night celebrating our not ...Happy New Year🥂

Dinner for 12 preparing and 4 kids
    Had a new tattoo :) and wife hates it
    Fireplace a single malt and at bed probably at 1
    Have a great night all

Don't understand the fuss. I'll be waiting till all the twits have finished with the fireworks ~2am and then hit the sack. No chance before then.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Don't understand the fuss. I'll be waiting till all the twits have finished with the fireworks ~2am and then hit the sack. No chance before then.
    Always the part that catches me out, fast asleep to be woken up by neighbours thinking they need to launch them from their gardens at midnight

Then asleep before the night walkers come back from town & feel the need to shout to each other.

Mr Meldrew checking out for the year :D

Craftsman
    New Year in Whitby for me and what a stunning place ! But way too busy for me!
    A great afternoon out with the family having a few beers and now tucked up In my evening attire with a few more beers.

Been another crap year, in fact been a crap decade!! Lost too many people we loved so glad to see the back of it to be honest!

Best wishes to you all and let's see what 2020 throws at us.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    I was in Whitby for a couple of days after Christmas.....bet it's a bit busier now!

New Years Resolution no2: visit Whitby and surrounding area far more frequently next year, loved the place as a kid and still do.

Off to party tonight in the village (so no need to drive) followed by a round of Golf tomorrow 10.00.

Wishing you all a very happy new year.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The wife’s just ordered a pizza and the dogs have claimed me as their own.
    Night in for us here which is fine by me as the wife’s been ill all day and not up for a night out

Home cooked meal, and then round to my brother’s bar for a few drinks and some nice champagne - I’m hoping it doesn’t get too messy.

Very best wishes for 2020
    It's just a matter of time...

Recovering from surgery on my hand earlier today. A boring sober one for me. Also gave up alcohol 11 days ago and what I’d do for a nice bottle of red tonight

Master
    A quiet night in with my wife.

If true to form she will be in bed around 11pm and I'll be watching some old film on Talking Pictures TV.

Happy New Year to you All.

scooter

Craftsman
    Stunning place, in fact a lot of nice places around this area what we don't appreciate!
    The photo above I posted was taken yesterday evening and was mesmerising (along with a lot more)
    Just too busy today to be fair!
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I was in Whitby for a couple of days after Christmas.....bet it's a bit busier now!

New Years Resolution no2: visit Whitby and surrounding area far more frequently next year, loved the place as a kid and still do.

Master
    Just the two of us, as we like it, sorry, plus one, ( our standard poodle ).
    Nice meal, started with mussels, then tuna stir fry, washed down with a couple of bottles of wine, maybe a single malt or two at the chimes of midnight.
    I hate the fireworks, more so for the dog, but still don't understand why people want to waste quite a bit of money on them.
    On that note, I hope everyone has a very enjoyable evening and a very prosperous and healthy new year.

Blog Entries
    Pretty boring and disappointing to be perfectly honest! Had a lovely afternoon playing golf with my mates and back home to my marriage that is unfortunately rapidly falling apart, oh well here’s to a better year in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    A quiet night in with my wife.

If true to form she will be in bed around 11pm and I'll be watching some old film on Talking Pictures TV.

Happy New Year to you All.

scooter
    A night very similar to my own , Scooter . I might watch Angels with dirty faces , one of my favourite films .

Happy New Year .

Master
    Yaprak Turkish Restaurant in Pinner tonight with friends. Not too late a night as doing the New Years Day double parkruns tomorrow.

Master
    On my own for the first time in a long time - wife is in foreign parts and ill in bed. Just made myself a (vegetarian) roast dinner and looking forward to finishing the Watchmen box set before bed :-)

Fully expecting to be woken up by fireworks but planning a run first thing so won’t be trying to stay up.

What a mad year 2019 was, for so many reasons. I’m making changes for 2020 - taking back control of my life, or so I think! Poorer but healthier and happier if all goes to plan.

May the road rise up to meet you all in the year ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Pretty boring and disappointing to be perfectly honest! Had a lovely afternoon playing golf with my mates and back home to my marriage that is unfortunately rapidly falling apart, oh well here’s to a better year in 2020.
    Sorry to hear that - all the best for 2020.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    On my own for the first time in a long time - wife is in foreign parts and ill in bed. Just made myself a (vegetarian) roast dinner and looking forward to finishing the Watchmen box set before bed :-)

Fully expecting to be woken up by fireworks but planning a run first thing so won’t be trying to stay up.

What a mad year 2019 was, for so many reasons. I’m making changes for 2020 - taking back control of my life, or so I think! Poorer but healthier and happier if all goes to plan.

May the road rise up to meet you all in the year ahead.

Good on you Pal, this is my goal also!
    Be a lot poorer, but my, will I feel a lot better! Money don't mean nothing if your unhappy!! All the best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Sorry to hear that - all the best for 2020.
    Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Craftsman
    Currently in the Canaries and been out this afternoon for Bloody Marys and just woken up from a few hours siesta.

Off for drinks at 9:30 and then heading for the midnight fireworks at the waterfront. Back home for 00:30 after a walk along the sea front and then bed.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently in the Canaries and been out this afternoon for Bloody Marys and just woken up from a few hours siesta.

Off for drinks at 9:30 and then heading for the midnight fireworks at the waterfront. Back home for 00:30 after a walk along the sea front and then bed.

Waking up somewhere I definitely shouldn’t.....

Master
    Moan about the fireworks at midnight and again at 2 am.

Craftsman
    My wife has gone to bed ill, so it’s just me, beers, the dog, and Netflix. John Wick 2 now, then John Wick 3 shortly. The suggestion above of the Watchmen box set is inspired though - will start that later. Thanks!

Gigging at a Centre Parks. Final set should finish by 11pm so we are hopeful we may be pwcked down and on our way how just after midnight :-)