closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Mac gurus on the forum

Any Mac gurus on the forum

I've got an iMac, which is a few years old now, and I'm having problems with the bluetooth connection on the wireless keyboard and trackpad.

From time to time a pop up appears on the screen saying "connection lost". It then either reconnects a little while later or I have to press the power button on either device to reconnect. Originally it was just the trackpad, which led me to believe it was just a problem with that. However the keyboard is experiencing the same problem. I've removed the keyboard and trackpad from the devices in System Preferences and then reconnected which seemed to do the trick for a little while but the problem is starting up again.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sounds stupid but that happens to me when the batteries are low. Have you used the same rechargable batteries all this time, maybe they're beyond their use regardless of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Sounds stupid but that happens to me when the batteries are low. Have you used the same rechargable batteries all this time, maybe they're beyond their use regardless of charge.
    I'm not using rechargeable batteries, just normal ones and I replaced them recently.

Blog Entries
    This may be of use?

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/res...etooth-module/

have a wired device handy if you have one..

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    This usually solve everything.

Cheers for replies, will give it a go

Craftsman

I had the same issue

After replacing the internal hard-drive with an SSD. It turned out to be a loose plug on the main board which I’m not sure how because I never touched that plug or went anywhere near it. However until I discovered the fault I ended up buying a little Bluetooth dongle (off Amazon) for the princely sum of about £6 which worked a treat.

Does the little Bluetooth icon in the top right of the screen change when you lose the connection?
    Last edited by hops; 1st January 2020 at 19:20.

No expert, but my magic keyboard ( AA battery-powered) suddenly stopped working and wouldn’t connect with any device with new batteries - wouldn’t appear on the usual list of connections either.

Not sure there was any cure worthwhile pursuing - and I binned the keyboard recently. Maybe worthwhile taking it to a local repair shop, but it doesn’t take long to reach an uneconomical investigation/fix.

Which batteries are you using? I typically use whatever is on bulk buy at the supermarket, however, one time I used Duracell. Had the same symptoms. Disconnect / reconnect randomly. Did some searching online and it turned out that Duracell AA batteries are not a perfect fit into the mac accessories. Switched to anything non-Duracell and never had it since. Worth a try