closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 6497 wreckers

Master

6497 wreckers

Do any of you gentle persons mod the ETA6497? I’m looking for assembly parts.

Master

6497 wreckers

I’’’m not certain that modding and wrecking needs to go to this level. Wish someone told me the crown wheel screw unscrewed clockwise.

My project on Thursday is to put this back together. Only 35 parts, what could possibly go wrong.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 19th October 2020 at 22:03.

Grand Master
    Left- hand threaded screws usually have the marked, but not always. You can work out which way a crown- wheel screw turns to loosen, its the opposite direction to the direction in which the crown wheel turns when the watch is being wound. If thus wasn’t the case the screw would loosen itself.

Strongly advice you to invest in a couple of parts trays with the domed covers, having parts spread around is a good way to lose them. A part should be either in a watch or in a parts tray.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Left- hand threaded screws usually have the marked, but not always. You can work out which way a crown- wheel screw turns to loosen, its the opposite direction to the direction in which the crown wheel turns when the watch is being wound. If thus wasn’t the case the screw would loosen itself.

Strongly advice you to invest in a couple of parts trays with the domed covers, having parts spread around is a good way to lose them. A part should be either in a watch or in a parts tray.
    Thank you. It was in too many parts before I realised I should have observed the direction. But Grateful for the tip.

I have some plastic divider trays but I have this covered in cling film. I will put a doomed tray in the basket for the next order.

Reassembly starts tomorrow when the correct grease arrives in the post so that I can reassemble. I’m taking Friday off work if this works again afterwards!