closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wedding present ideas please...

Master
    Blog Entries

Wedding present ideas please...

Evening all,

My sister is due to get married on 29th Feb. They've asked for no presents which is fine but I and her other two brothers would like to get them something as a keep sake. I'm a little stumped. Obviously, I know them and you lot don't but I thought I'd ask the question incase something shakes loose.
    Art? A nice ornament?
    I want something that they can enjoy rather than use if that makes sense?

For background, both mid - late 30's, she's English, he's Irish, live in Manchester. They go to a lot of concerts and enjoy travelling, (although that's not really viable now as they have a 6 month old).

About a grand I guess?

Cheers

<I want something that they can enjoy rather than use if that makes sense>

A clapped out MX5?

Foggy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    They go to a lot of concerts and enjoy travelling, (although that's not really viable now as they have a 6 month old).
    I hope that it doesn't put them off, they just have to make a few adjustments. I wouldn't head to the remote Himalayas with a tiny one but we did a Canada road tour with a four month old baby and a two year old and it was a fabulous and memorable trip. Travel only got easier from then on as we gradually shed the portable steriliser, travel cot, double off-road buggy and so on. They've also been frequenting music festivals from a very early age.

A gift is tricky when they have stated 'no presents' but a piece of art or a print that can be hung on a wall sounds like a better option than an ornament that is at higher risk of damage and ending up packed away somewhere. That said, you can get a very nice Curta for about a grand

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Evening all,

My sister is due to get married on 29th Feb. They've asked for no presents which is fine but I and her other two brothers would like to get them something as a keep sake. I'm a little stumped. Obviously, I know them and you lot don't but I thought I'd ask the question incase something shakes loose.
    Art? A nice ornament?
    I want something that they can enjoy rather than use if that makes sense?

For background, both mid - late 30's, she's English, he's Irish, live in Manchester. They go to a lot of concerts and enjoy travelling, (although that's not really viable now as they have a 6 month old).

About a grand I guess?

Cheers
    I know you've suggested art/nice ornament, how about a personal photo shoot with a good/professional photographer.

I don't necessarily mean for the wedding, just somewhere they can go as a family and have some pictures professionally done.

I think it's something that they would likely remember, and furthermore they'll be able to get the pictures framed and put in their home.

Do they have a garden? Sundial, e.g. https://www.sundials.info or garden ornament.

Buy them a couple of watches! I suggest reading up on the subject by browsing a watch forum (such things exist! Mad I know). I hear that Bremont are excellent. Avoid Rolex as shops can’t give them away nowadays.

PS. Once they have watches they can attend the Mcr GTGs and meet Unclealec! Truly a gift for life.

Really nice photo frame.
    Case of wine (special)
    Coffee subscription (that’ll be fa few years worth)
    Something worth £1000 now but more in ten years (big lego set)

As they're British you should definitely buy them a Bremont each. No proud Englishman/woman would wear anything else surely?

Journeyman
    I would recommend you to gift something special. I advise you to pay attention to luxury chess. They will always see such a gift at home and will remember you. Moreover, this is a rare type of gift, and you can stand out from other people who will give gifts. So if you want to be remembered, then this will be a great choice.
    Last edited by Derrils; 24th February 2020 at 12:04.

http://www.firespheres.co.uk/fire-sphere-globes

Can be customised so make personal have seen one in a garden and it is really nice plus had family etc in there and other special things.

I'd hope OP isn't leaving it this late.