closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't we all have a Bremont?

Master
    Was having a pint with some old mates last night and noticed one of the lads wearing something different, turns it out it was a MB (2/3?).
    Had a try on and I liked it.
    Bit different, quality felt good.
    Although I was 1/2 p****d and in a poorly lit establishment.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    I’m not buying that for a minute, is that not the polar version, so where’s the snow?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Us poor explorers have to make do with one watch for all seasons!!

Although Fred's an Omega man really............

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Commemorative jewellery =/= issued equipment.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with commemorative jewellery, but it's easy to get the impression that Bremont would like us to get confused between the two. I can see why that makes some people recoil.
    Great point. There's a good thread on another watch forum regarding mitsry issued watches. A fair few military personnel have replied saying the days of military issued watches are pretry much over this past 20 years, and anything thst is issued will be a cheap quartz as it does the job its supposed to do reliably.

They also say that most folks just being their own watches, and generally it's Casio, both g and non g, with a smattering of other watches, and a rare few expensive watches.

One can sometimes buy watches with a particular Insignia from militaey store but it's just commerative and in no way issued.

So I would hazard a guess that the bretmont watches are most if not all commerative in nature and not issued for use during missions, training, battle etc.

To answer the op, I don't own one as I find them too big, they look cheap to my eye and the cost is about 5x what I would actually pay for one.
    Last edited by Wilson_smyth; 29th December 2019 at 00:44.

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post
    why don't we all have a Bremont?
    because as a nation, the moment someone or something from our nation does well in life we want to drag them back down or take their legs from under them. Bremont are a company that is doing very well, producing good to outstanding timepieces with a very good customer service team and extremely friendly boutique staff. I can honestly say I've never been in a boutique where I've been looked after as well as I have been in a Bremont boutique, regardless of whether I was going to buy anything or not.

I'm a long time lurker on this forum and barely post. I'm quite taken aback by some of the comments on this thread. They're either nasty, uneducated or just plainly ridiculous. You don't have to like a brand and you don't have to like the watches (in my case Rolex, which I think are the most overrated timepieces available - and it seems that some on this forum agree) but what you can do is compliment a brand for employing people in the country where you reside.

as far as the watches themselves are concerned, I agree with some that there are a lot of similar watches within the main Bremont ranges but they are still well made, extremely easy to wear and attractive (subjective of course). When it comes to the historical limited editions, I find it hard to see anything comparable from any other manufacturer in the same price ranges. The DH-88, 1918, Supersonic and Hercules watches (the most recent historical LE's) are all visually (and technically) outstanding timepieces front AND back.

I was tempted to quote a number of posters in this thread for various reasons but it would take too long. I like Tudor and Omega but honestly can't see why people think they are better than Bremont for any other reasons than subjective ones. I suppose there's time to explain, as long as those explanations are technical ones and not just pure spite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson_smyth View Post
    they look cheap to my eye and the cost is about 5x what I would actually pay for one.
    I'd be interested to know an example of a watch in the same price range that you think looks expensive. I thought exactly the same thing about a Breitling Bentley (£6.5k watch) that I saw recently.

Why don't we all have a Bremont?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    because as a nation, the moment someone or something from our nation does well in life we want to drag them back down or take their legs from under them. Bremont are a company that is doing very well, producing good to outstanding timepieces with a very good customer service team and extremely friendly boutique staff. I can honestly say I've never been in a boutique where I've been looked after as well as I have been in a Bremont boutique, regardless of whether I was going to buy anything or not.

I'm a long time lurker on this forum and barely post. I'm quite taken aback by some of the comments on this thread. They're either nasty, uneducated or just plainly ridiculous. You don't have to like a brand and you don't have to like the watches (in my case Rolex, which I think are the most overrated timepieces available - and it seems that some on this forum agree) but what you can do is compliment a brand for employing people in the country where you reside.

as far as the watches themselves are concerned, I agree with some that there are a lot of similar watches within the main Bremont ranges but they are still well made, extremely easy to wear and attractive (subjective of course). When it comes to the historical limited editions, I find it hard to see anything comparable from any other manufacturer in the same price ranges. The DH-88, 1918, Supersonic and Hercules watches (the most recent historical LE's) are all visually (and technically) outstanding timepieces front AND back.

I was tempted to quote a number of posters in this thread for various reasons but it would take too long. I like Tudor and Omega but honestly can't see why people think they are better than Bremont for any other reasons than subjective ones. I suppose there's time to explain, as long as those explanations are technical ones and not just pure spite.
    ^^^^^
    I have to say I agree with a lot of what is said above apart from the last paragraph. I have been following this thread and I am staggered at a lot of the just plain nastiness of the replies. It smacks a little of bitterness at someone doing something well and playing the big boys game because they haven’t earn’t their dues!

I own many brands from Tudor, Rolex, Omega and Bremont and I have to say the build quality of Bremont holds it owns against this crowd. People banging on about heritage but where does that come from...time and opportunity! All companies and brands need to develop their niche and identity and they do this by marketing and positioning their brand. All the watch companies do this! Bremont has only been around a short time but they have done a lot. They have built a company from scratch, employ people in the UK, harden their cases here, manufacture movement parts and are attempting to bring watchmaking back into the UK on a more accessible level.

Yes, they made a mistake over 5 years ago with announcing a so called exclusive movement, granted with bridges and main plates made by themselves, as in house. They held their hands up and said sorry and learnt a hard lesson. However, I don’t hear people banging on about TAG doing the same thing but with a base Seiko chronograph movement for their Cal.1887 rather than a high end movement developed with La Joux-Perret in Switzerland.

We all have different likes and dislikes, I don’t particularly like a lot of marketing from Omega or Rolex but I still love a lot of their watches. At the end of the day we are watch fans and we love watches for multiple reasons and so the only really important questions we need to answer are, do I like the design, is the movement good and can I accept the price I am being asked to pay. If the answer to those questions is yes then fine and if not, also fine...move on!

I am no fanboy but I do own 2 in a collection of over 40 watches. However, there is still stuff I don’t like about the company but credit where credit is due please rather than playground snideness!
    Last edited by paw3001; 29th December 2019 at 10:33.

Understand where you are coming from. To answer your question re Tudor and Omega the answer is to do with in-house movements with longer power reserves and accuracy and in the case of Omega having some really cool tech in the process. I think the difference between Tudor and Bremont is more along the lines of similar quality for less money in the case of Tudor (Tudor has superior movement but case construction is a bit slab sided so horses for courses) but in the case of Omega there is a pretty obvious step up in quality and you'd look at something like the Supermarine 300 and the Seamaster 300 side by side at the same price range and I'd say the comparison isn't favourable to Bremont, styling aside. But the quality delta between a £4k Omega and a £4k Breitling is higher still so it may just be a case of Omega knocking it out of the park at that price point as certainly Bremont isn't inferior to Breitling in that range.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Because we’re not all on crack?
    keyboard tiger.. i see

Craftsman
    I'd be interested to know an example of a watch in the same price range that you think looks expensive. I thought exactly the same thing about a Breitling Bentley (£6.5k watch) that I saw recently.
    I don't think brietling are worth anywhere close to asking prices either, they look loud and garish to my eye, a blingy caricature of a watch, and partnerships with other velben products doesn't float my boat at all.

Obvs, watches are more than just looks and the tech, skills and time that go into them account for a lot, look at Richard Mille, with infinite money, I don't think it would be a Mille on my wrist, based on looks but there's some good tech and innovation there.

Grand Master

Have around £5 million inventory to chose from but this is what I always chose to wear !

It’s subjective. If you like / love something then that’s all that matters. Everyone else’s opinion is irrelevant and should be given the appropriate space if not agreeable.

RIAC

These Bremont boys are a touchy lot, aren’t they?

Peterdo, may I suggest you purchase a DW-5600-E or other similarly popular G-Shock to satisfy your waltish tendencies. Doing so will also provide you with a NASA certified watch and one which has an additional 25 years of genuine historical heritage over anything the PR and marketing guff Bremont can spin. In house movement too!
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Have around £5 million inventory to chose from but this is what I always chose to wear !

It’s subjective. If you like / love something then that’s all that matters. Everyone else’s opinion is irrelevant and should be given the appropriate space if not agreeable.

So, brag about how many watches you have access to, followed swiftly by a two finger salute to everyone with an opinion.

It's a discussion forum mate, if you're so adversely affectrd by opinions that don't allign with your own that you have to peacock followed a big ol rude shit on everyone, instead of just enjoying the discussion, then prob best to put down the internet and walk away.

I suppose there's time to explain, as long as those explanations are technical ones and not just pure spite.

Why would they be technical? This is a forum of middle aged men with an expensive jewellery habit. I am sure there are a couple of members who *really* need a ploprof but this is not an objective technical process.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Peterdo, may I suggest you purchase a DW-5600-E or other similarly popular G-Shock to satisfy your waltish tendencies. Doing so will also provide you with a NASA certified watch and one which has an additional 25 years of genuine historical heritage over anything the PR and marketing guff Bremont can spin. In house movement too!
    Thanks for the advice, but you haven’t bothered to read my posts, just make a catty comment instead. I buy watches I like, hence why I have a wide collection from different brands, one of which is Bremont.

If I want to satisfy my need for horological grandee status, I will wear a Royal Oak or Vacheron, you stick to your Casio!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    These Bremont boys are a touchy lot, aren’t they?
    They certainly seem to be very..............prissy!

Master
    Finally, thread with more than 100 replies that is not about Rolex!
    Sadly some of the comments are more of a personal attack type rather than a discussion about the bremont brand...
    I used to own an alt1-Zt which I got from
    eBay for 2.5k and foolishly sold a bit later on. The RRP for the watch was 4.5k which some might consider steep but at 2.5k there was nothing out there that could touch it.
    A hardened steel case, an interesting non-traditional design, an international rotating bezel and immense attention to detail.
    In fact, people are willing to spend 4k on a standard Speedmaster, which has been the same since 1969 yet they complain about a brand that is clearly offering something new, of a higher quality, while marketing its products at a similar price point....
    Marketing aside, their offerings seem to be of the highest quality and this cannot easily be disputed...

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    They certainly seem to be very..............prissy!
    Thanks guys for proving my points...grow up and learn how to debate rather than fling mud with name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Understand where you are coming from. To answer your question re Tudor and Omega the answer is to do with in-house movements with longer power reserves and accuracy and in the case of Omega having some really cool tech in the process. I think the difference between Tudor and Bremont is more along the lines of similar quality for less money in the case of Tudor (Tudor has superior movement but case construction is a bit slab sided so horses for courses) but in the case of Omega there is a pretty obvious step up in quality and you'd look at something like the Supermarine 300 and the Seamaster 300 side by side at the same price range and I'd say the comparison isn't favourable to Bremont, styling aside. But the quality delta between a £4k Omega and a £4k Breitling is higher still so it may just be a case of Omega knocking it out of the park at that price point as certainly Bremont isn't inferior to Breitling in that range.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Totally agree with you

Grand Master
    So, brag about how many watches you have access to, followed swiftly by a two finger salute to everyone with an opinion.

It's a discussion forum mate, if you're so adversely affectrd by opinions that don't allign with your own that you have to peacock followed a big ol rude shit on everyone, instead of just enjoying the discussion, then prob best to put down the internet and walk away.
    Ahh ok so my opinion is more offensive than others saying you need to be on drugs to buy one! I was demonstrating that despite a large selection to chose from and despite 35 years of owning and enjoying some of the nicest that there are I have settled on a little shitty Bremont so they must float someone’s boat.

I’m more than happy if you want to come and help me stick my opinion in the illustrated place in fact I’d quite like it
    RIAC

Have seen a few Bremont watches first hand but not Damasko. Regarding the case hardening I have read before that it looks much better on Bremont than Damasko that appear a bit "cheap" looking. Can anyone confirm this?

Craftsman
    Ahh ok so my opinion is more offensive than others saying you need to be on drugs to buy one! I was demonstrating that despite a large selection to chose from and despite 35 years of owning and enjoying some of the nicest that there are I have settled on a little shitty Bremont so they must float someone’s boat.

I’m more than happy if you want to come and help me stick my opinion in the illustrated place in fact I’d quite like it
    Again the point wooshed over your head.
    You're entitled to an opinion. Others to there's. Neither are mutually exclusive or cancel the other out. It's great you enjoy your bretmont among the millions of pounds of other watches you have access to over many decades. We get it, you have made what is to you, an Informed and well thought out decision. Bully for you.

It's also cool that I or anyone else think bretmont are way to expensive for what they are and I do t like the look and size of them.

It's not cool, on a public discussion forum to tell people to stick their opinions up their rectum, thsts just rude, kills discussion and brings us to this place.
    And it's a long way away from someone suggesting they may need some drugs to enjoy a bretmont.

So, il politely Decline your offer to visit and help put your thoughts anywhere.
    Last edited by Wilson_smyth; 29th December 2019 at 10:49.

Grand Master
    Again the point wooshed over your head.
    You're entitled to an opinion. Others to there's. Neither are mutually exclusive or cancel the other out. It's great you enjoy your bretmont among the millions of pounds of other watches you have access to over many decades. We get it, you have made what is to you, an Informed and well thought out decision. Bully for you.

It's also cool that I or anyone else think bretmont are way to expensive for what they are and I do t like the look and size of them.

It's not cool, on a public discussion forum to tell people to stick their opinions up their rectum, thsts just rude, kills discussion and brings us to this place.

So, il politely Decline your offer to visit and help put your thoughts anywhere.
    And the key point you highlight is informed decision, having depth, history, and long term usage allows you to make a informed and well thought out decision but if you went through the negative comments on this thread I would wager that most of them haven’t actually had, got, or spent anytime with Bremont or a range of any other watches. Bully for me.

If you change your mind on the insertion just PM me x
    RIAC

Craftsman
    And the key point you highlight is informed decision, having depth, history, and long term usage allows you to make a informed and well thought out decision but if you went through the negative comments on this thread I would wager that most of them haven’t actually had, got, or spent anytime with Bremont or a range of any other watches. Bully for me.

If you change your mind on the insertion just PM me x
    Someone's uninformed opinion is still no cause to tell them to shove it up their backside.

I'm sure in you're vast experience of watches you'll know that often the first look decides if a watch is for you or not, ignoring engineering, heritage, price and anything else. That opinion is still very valid.

Be happy you have had the chance to make a more objective assessment, inform as such and don't be a jerk.

It really doesn’t matter if people have owned a Bremont, or not. They’ve still made a conscious decision not to, at least until now. It can be the style, lack of diversity across the range, marketing, price point...
    Therefore their opinion is as valid as yours, despite the stock you have access to.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    It really doesn’t matter if people have owned a Bremont, or not. They’ve still made a conscious decision not to, at least until now. It can be the style, lack of diversity across the range, marketing, price point...
    Therefore their opinion is as valid as yours, despite the stock you have access to.

Absolutely agree an opinion is an entitlement but be honest if someone said to you ‘This is rubbish’ and then proceeded to say ‘well Ive never actually had one or spent anytime with one’ vs someone saying ‘This is Rubbish I have owned it for years and tried many other brands and they don’t compare’ then whose opinion would you assume is more educated and balanced? Personally I listen to educated and experienced opinion then if it interests me I partake in order to experience and broaden my knowledge so that I can comfortably make My own decision. You want to hate or dislike a brand that’s fine but any opinion is going to be more pertinent to me if I know it has substance.
    RIAC

You are absolutely right when you want an informed decision of course.
    But that wasn’t the question
    The choices we make are run by 3 things: head, heart and wallet (well, a fourth one lower down may take over sometimes )
    When it comes to watches (or cars, motorcycles, etc.) the head may stop us from getting a lemon, but the 2 others will mostly dictate the choice. Your experience with this brand and with others speaks to the head. Hence why, although perfectly valid and informed, it isn’t that much more valued than other far less informed.

Absolutely You want to hate or dislike a brand that’s fine but any opinion is going to be more pertinent to me if I know it has substance.
    I do not understand what "substance" means in this context - OP wants to know why people do not own a Bremont - if the answer is "the marketing is naff and puts me off" or "I do not like the designs" that is an answer of substance in this context.

Your point is really an answer to a different question - "what do Bremont owners like about their watches?" (Which now exists in the forum in the form of "three favourite bremonts").

The two questions and groups of people are ships passing in the night - the experience of both groups irrelevant to the other.

Craftsman
    The history of apparent dishonesty and silly gimmicks dissuades me from Bremont.
    If I wanted a British made watch, I'd probably go with a Garrick. They are honest about what is made where. They have a proprietary movement (designed by Andreas Strehler no less) if that's your desire (and budget). And, if you talk to the factory early enough, you can specify your watch pretty much any way you want.

Grand Master
    Who knows what makes one person like something and another dislike, I struggle when we have a British company making good quality watches and they get criticised for it, they interact with their client base, have designs that are as good in terms of fit, form, and function as most others in fact often less problematic than bigger brands.

Why don’t we all have a Bremont? Because we don’t live in North Korea so have a choice. My point is simple and its that if you want to know what its like to run a marathon then run a marathon, no point shouting from the sidelines and expecting a medal.
    RIAC

I struggle when we have a British company
    I think this is part of the gap - that it is British means less than nothing to me. It is not that it a factor that puts me off but in regards to making me buy a watch it is meaningless.

The answer to the question is the same as why we don't all own an Omega, breitling, Rolex or whatever - everyone's taste is different.

I am bemused at how many watch enthusiasts seem to delight in deriding anything to do with Bremont. If you don't like them for whatever reason then thats a valid point of view but I think a British company that's expanding their markets, investing in heavily technology and people, is in the middle of building a brand new headquarters and factory for the design, administration, service and manufacture (which will include in house movements) of wristwatches should be applauded not dismissed despite what you think of their offerings. I understand their marketing isn't to everyone's taste but every successful watch company has at least at some point in their history hammered away incessantly at a particular niche to market their products, think Omega and their space exploration links, Heuer and their motor racing links, Breitling and their aviation links, and Rolex and their diving, exploration, golf, tennis and latterly motor racing links. Bremont are doing what it takes to market their company and whilst it certainly doesn't suit everyone I don't see what harm it does or what alternative they have, they've identified a market and are using it relentlessly to sell their watches, moreover it seems to be a successful strategy. You can't build a company without successful marketing and Bremonts must be working or they wouldn't keep growing.

I don't think I'll ever sit in a Martin Baker ejection seat let alone require a watch that was designed to overcome the forces generated whilst ejecting from a fast jet, but that's neither here nor there, I bought my MB2 for it's clever design and aesthetics. In the same vein I'm never going to go saturation diving (or even diving) but I love my Sea Dweller and I'm never going to be travelling in space but I love my Speedmaster. In essence that's the effect successful marketing should have!

Blog Entries
    I have had quite a few and really liked them. Build quality is superb as well as customer service.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I think this is part of the gap - that it is British means less than nothing to me. It is not that it a factor that puts me off but in regards to making me buy a watch it is meaningless.
    We differ here as for me being British means access to them directly and easier plus supports local economy and workers. I like the Swiss brands too but engaging with them or indeed actually being able to buy one off their watches is tricky. As a Patek employee said to me just last week ‘Our customers are masochists, we market watches they cant buy and no matter how little we do they keep coming back for more’.
    Bremont aren’t bragging watches nor are they investments or over retail watches so that cancels out 90% of buyers but the small percentage that’s left seem very happy.

NB: I know the Ep120 etc have done well but the main stock catalogue is what I refer to above.
    RIAC

I couldn’t give a monkeys that they are British. Just like I don’t care that B&R is French and manufactures in Switzerland.
    It’s just not a criteria that comes in the equation.

I have owned this for many years, it's serial number is less than 200, so is an early version of one of Bremont's first models.

For me it is a very nice watch, exceptionally well made to an impressive specification.
    I personally like the design for being innovative and traditional at the same time.

I bought it used, not new. It keeps time superbly, the lume is very very good, and it can be used for anything that I use a watch for (the photo above was taken after 2 hrs surfing in N Devon, for instance). At about 10 years old it should have been serviced by now, but is showing no sign whatsoever of dipping performance, so I haven't bothered.

I do not buy into the marketing stuff, but understand that any watch company needs to have schtick of some type to get noticed.

Personally, I do not think the new military range is a winner, going away from the 3-piece case design is a move away from one of their USPs.

I do buy British by preference, not in some kind of xenophobic or jingoistic mood, but purely because I believe that if I spend money with my neighbours they might spend some of it with me or more neighbours, and we can all benefit.

Like some (but only a few) other brands, I think Bremont gets some special vitriol aimed at it, especially on this forum, which I have always found puzzling.

Maybe we should all own a Bremont, but it'll never happen.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I couldn’t give a monkeys that they are British. Just like I don’t care that B&R is French and manufactures in Switzerland.
    It’s just not a criteria that comes in the equation.
    Shouldn’t supporting the local economy and reducing our carbon footprint be a factor though? Any business that champions skilled jobs should be supported I think.

I agree with supporting local economy in general. But it has never had any bearing in my choice of watch.
    Just like it has absolutely no influence on my choice of wine, and I’ve sampled a few local to me

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    Bremont may well make good quality watches but each time I've look at them I am underwhelmed. The fake history, fake claims of in-house movements and fairly uninspiring designs coupled with what I consider to be optimistic pricing is not tempting me to purchase anything from them.
    How do you create fake history?

Bremont may well make good quality watches but each time I've look at them I am underwhelmed. The fake history, fake claims of in-house movements and fairly uninspiring designs coupled with what I consider to be optimistic pricing is not tempting me to purchase anything from them.
    Hmmm, an interesting point regarding fakes. I've never seen a fake Bremont so far, but I've seen quite a few people selling/wearing fake Rolex, Omega and, (to a lesser extent), Breitling. Seems more people buy into fake watches than 'manipulated' history; and I know which I find more abhorrent.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Shouldn’t supporting the local economy and reducing our carbon footprint be a factor though? Any business that champions skilled jobs should be supported I think.
    I have no kids and have never owned a car so I'm covered on that front.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Finally, thread with more than 100 replies that is not about Rolex!
    Sadly some of the comments are more of a personal attack type rather than a discussion about the bremont brand...
    I used to own an alt1-Zt which I got from
    eBay for 2.5k and foolishly sold a bit later on. The RRP for the watch was 4.5k which some might consider steep but at 2.5k there was nothing out there that could touch it.
    A hardened steel case, an interesting non-traditional design, an international rotating bezel and immense attention to detail.
    In fact, people are willing to spend 4k on a standard Speedmaster, which has been the same since 1969 yet they complain about a brand that is clearly offering something new, of a higher quality, while marketing its products at a similar price point....
    Marketing aside, their offerings seem to be of the highest quality and this cannot easily be disputed...

Is this the Bremont you speak of?
    It is my one and only Bremont and I will echo all the comments regarding build quality in particular the case hardening. It shows no sign of wear at all.
    Surely we buy these pieces of jewellery because we like them no matter what the name on the dial? Or at least I feel that is what we should try and do!
    Perhaps if they became unavailable or in short supply everyone would want one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bremont may well make good quality watches but each time I've look at them I am underwhelmed. The marketed history, the single claim of have made an in-house movement over 5 years ago and fairly uninspiring, IMHO, designs coupled with what I consider to be optimistic pricing is not tempting me to purchase anything from them.
    Fixed that for you!

Your opinion is totally valid, your fake claims not so much!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Is this the Bremont you speak of?
    It is my one and only Bremont and I will echo all the comments regarding build quality in particular the case hardening. It shows no sign of wear at all.
    Surely we buy these pieces of jewellery because we like them no matter what the name on the dial? Or at least I feel that is what we should try and do!
    Perhaps if they became unavailable or in short supply everyone would want one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    That’s the baby! Happy you are enjoying it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I have no kids and have never owned a car so I'm covered on that front.
    Good for you, we can all do our part in small ways 👍🏻

Master
    Bremont definitely suffers with Lewis Hamilton syndrome, although I was pleasantly surprised to see some positive comments about the brand. I can assure you all that Bremont is in it for the long haul, the in house movement is coming along nicely (you really cannot fathom how much time, resource and money it takes to make it a reality), and the new facility will be ready next year where you'll all be welcome :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    Bremont definitely suffers with Lewis Hamilton syndrome, although I was pleasantly surprised to see some positive comments about the brand. I can assure you all that Bremont is in it for the long haul, the in house movement is coming along nicely (you really cannot fathom how much time, resource and money it takes to make it a reality), and the new facility will be ready next year where you'll all be welcome :)
    I know a number of people that are waiting to buy a Bremont with the in house movement, that’s the only sticking point, these are guys that are GS and Glasshutte fans, I think with an in house movement Bremont will edge into this territory...the non-mainstream but highly regarded manufacturers, but that will take 5-10 years from today.

Craftsman
    Honestly, such a childish position to take, ridiculous

Make a mistake, never to be allowed to move forward and make amends

I am not familar with this aspect ? What was the lie about the in-house movement?

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Fixed that for you!

Your opinion is totally valid, your fake claims not so much!

Unfortunately, no. The claim for in house movement was in the same order of magnitude as Tag’s. The marketed history is very much ‘fake’ as well in as much that it can be what they want it to be, with no objective ground. Whether that is important to anyone or not is of course a matter for each one of us. I didn’t buy my speedmaster because the same model had been in space. But I would not have bought it if Omega had falsely claimed it had. Some old fashioned belief that marketing may show a product under its most flattering light but it still needs to be truthful.