closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Why don't we all have a Bremont?

Why don't we all have a Bremont?

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    thanks for proving my point, I take it that the best input you can offer is an insult? That's a rhetorical question.
    Where is the insult? Bremont fan boy? Well if you think it’s an insult. . .
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I know that's terribly clever and so on, but we all know fan boy is a derogatory term, as it implies a blind devotion to a brand without keeping a sensibly critical overview.
    And you know that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    How is "What is also apparent is we have a Bremont fanboy who steps in at every opportunity to congratulate or deprecate posts here on the sole criterion of whether they praise or criticise his beloved brand" not an insult? - feel free to do an online search which will confirm 'fanboy' is often used as an insult.

Let's for a moment assume it was aimed at me (it may not have been). What do you know about me or which watches I own? How did that comment offer anything to the thread?

I do very much like Bremont and I do very much like Christopher Ward, Grand Seiko and others. I tend to comment on posts related to Bremont due to the constant (mostly unwarranted) attacks. If I saw the same attacks on a Grand Seiko or Christopher Ward thread I would also offer my input.

Blog Entries
    Talking of Bremont that reminds me, how are sales of the Jaguar LE Bremont going at £12,995, anyone know? Limited edition of 60 in each of the two colours I seem to remember.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

As far as I know, none of the green version left at Bremont. The grey proved less popular due to customers associating British Racing Green with Jaguar more so than the grey/silver which I happen to think looks far better. Lots of very happy owners.

Half the price of a preowned Rolex Daytona, looks just as good depending on your preference and tells the time just as well.

Blog Entries
    Goldsmiths say they have the Green. Didn't bother looking further.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Bothered to ask Goldsmiths though, or check with them….which is really, really weird to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Goldsmiths say they have the Green. Didn't bother looking further.
    thanks for proving my point from another thread that you've been a part of.

you obviously have no intention of buying the watch, otherwise you'd currently be negotiating with Goldsmiths. I know of another retailer that has one but what does it matter? Those who have purchased one, as far as I'm aware, are very happy with their purchases. You on the other hand just seem to have the intention of of ridiculing a watch brand that you don't like (who knows for what reason) with an incredible bias toward another.

I echo the comment made by peterdo. I feel sorry for you that you have nothing better to do.

Master
    I briefly owned a Martin Baker II that I bought via SC perhaps 18 months ago. It was still under warranty and a full set. Probably the most accurate auto I’ve ever owned as it gained barely half a second a day. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever. If I had the spare cash I’d go for the MB II that Champagne James has recently listed on SC.

Craftsman
    You went to the effort though, that’s the weird part…really odd behaviour

Blog Entries
    thanks for proving my point from another thread that you've been a part of.

you obviously have no intention of buying the watch, otherwise you'd currently be negotiating with Goldsmiths. I know of another retailer that has one but what does it matter? Those who have purchased one, as far as I'm aware, are very happy with their purchases. You on the other hand just seem to have the intention of of ridiculing a watch brand that you don't like (who knows for what reason) with an incredible bias toward another.

I echo the comment made by peterdo. I feel sorry for you that you have nothing better to do.
    My point was that they are still available and not as popular as you thought they would be. A limited edition of 120 watches and still available proves that.
    I see you're still very defensive about them, hence moving from talking about the watches. You also seem to have an incredible bias now you mention it, so I'm not alone in that. We all have our favourites it seems, although no doubt you'll tell me your reasons are more noble than mine.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 11th November 2021 at 10:53.

My point was that they are still available and not as popular as you thought they would be. A limited edition of 120 watches and still available proves that.
    I see you're still very defensive about them, hence moving from talking about the watches. You also seem to have an incredible bias now you mention it, so I'm not alone in that. We all have our favourites it seems, although no doubt you'll tell me your reasons are more noble than mine.

Glad you've found a friend in peterdo, I feel sorry for him having nothing better to do than worry about what I'm posting.
    You've lost me on a number of points. Firstly, why do you think that I thought they would be popular and secondly what point are you trying to make by some still being available? I certainly defended the release against your derogatory comments as I would with any other watch release from any manufacture when confronted with mundane comments. You said that the release was too expensive and it's a valid opinion. Repeating that opinion multiple times doesn't make it any more or less valid, just the same opinion. Trying to prove that it's not been a good seller, why does that matter in any way to you, or to me for that matter? It matters to Bremont and they've sold all the green versions. So, again, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove?

My reaction wasn't defensive, more the reaction you have when a blue bottle fly is constantly buzzing around your ears. I'm not sure how I moved the conversation away from talking about watches? I'm happy to talk about any watch but there does come a point when one becomes fed up of repeating ones self.

Undoubtedly we all have our favourite watches but the blatantly obvious difference between you and I is that even if I don't like a watch, I respect that others might and I don't insult their choice.

Half the price of a preowned Rolex Daytona, looks just as good depending on your preference and tells the time just as well.
    A date with Sonia from EastEnders will cost well under half a date with Angelina Jolie. Sonia looks just as good depending on your preference and rides just as well.

Half the price of a preowned Rolex Daytona ...
    It's also half the price of a Russian mail-order bride, which is irrelevant considering it's incredibly ugly and will have lost half of its value the moment you have paid for it.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Decent looking watches but none have appealed enough to fork out the £
    Kind of how I feel about them, whether I am down here or up there

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    A date with Sonia from EastEnders will cost well under half a date with Angelina Jolie. Sonia looks just as good depending on your preference and rides just as well.
    Not quite getting this analogy. If you’re comparing Sonia with Bremont I would suggest a better comparison for Rolex would be Carol Jackson. Still a bit rough round edges but comes with a bit more history. You know you don’t really want it but you’ll be drawn in eventually and probably regret it later.
    Jolie is reserved for a different class of watchmaking altogther!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Post of the year.

Going back to the original question though. The most obvious answer that springs to mind is that for half the money you can buy a longines, oris etc. And get the same tech specs with a nicer design and a lengthy brand heritage.

Why have Sonia when for the less money you could get Nigella?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    It is indeed disappointing to see how Britons view Brenont.

Purely from a horological point of view, Bremont Supermarine makes it to my top five divers list. Current models, excluding BP,Panerais,JLC,AP

ROLEX Sub/SD
    Omega Seamaster
    Bremont Supermarine
    Seiko Marine master
    Oris Aquis 43 mm
    More disappointing to me is how Britons view Britain...

Still, we always have had a propensity to apologise.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    It's also half the price of a Russian mail-order bride, which is irrelevant considering it's incredibly ugly and will have lost half of its value the moment you have paid for it.
    Mind you, on the up side it wont take half your possessions when you part company!!!

This is going to give my BB58 some serious competition

Why does it have London on the dial, when their factory and head office is in Oxfordshire and their movements are imported from Switzerland?
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Why does it have London on the dial, when their factory and head office is in Oxfordshire and their movements are imported from Switzerland?
    Because their clients are from London.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.