closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jura Watches, Fail

Journeyman

Jura Watches, Fail

Yesterday morning I took a look at the Jura Watches website. They have a watch i'm interested in, in stock. With the Boxing day 15% off I was very tempted. But before going ahead with the purchase I googled the watch and model number. Found it cheaper on another site. So back to the Jura website, and looked at their price match promise, where they say. Our Price Match Promise guarantees that if you find any of our jewellery or watches at a lower advertised price elsewhere, we will provide an instant price match for you. Filled in the form, including a link. Had an email from Jura saying. A member of our team will contact you within 24 hours. That has well passed now. I'm now wondering if they don't want to match the price from a rival. So just haven't bothered to contact me. Any one else on here had dealings with Jura Watches?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipJI View Post
    Yesterday morning I took a look at the Jura Watches website. They have a watch i'm interested in, in stock. With the Boxing day 15% off I was very tempted. But before going ahead with the purchase I googled the watch and model number. Found it cheaper on another site. So back to the Jura website, and looked at their price match promise, where they say. Our Price Match Promise guarantees that if you find any of our jewellery or watches at a lower advertised price elsewhere, we will provide an instant price match for you. Filled in the form, including a link. Had an email from Jura saying. A member of our team will contact you within 24 hours. That has well passed now. I'm now wondering if they don't want to match the price from a rival. So just haven't bothered to contact me. Any one else on here had dealings with Jura Watches?
    It was Boxing Day - I imagine most of the staff were on leave.

Always been ok with me, I have purchased 2 watches from them this year, normally prompt responses via email but on occation I had to prod them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It was Boxing Day - I imagine most of the staff were on leave.
    Boxing day, was when the Price Match was requested. The 24 hour reply time was earlier today. They are there working today.

Boxing day, was when the Price Match was requested. The 24 hour reply time was earlier today. They are there working today.
    Its both holiday and sale season. Chill out and give them a chance.

Despite their Internet presence, they're not a pure ecommerce outfit. They have retail branches and their website is an extension of that.

They're not the quickest at responding to enquiries on a normal day and their staff appear to have to multi-task.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Master
    A bit harsh to expect instant reply around holiday period! Any reason why you just didn’t buy from the other website if you can’t wait?

Any one else on here had dealings with Jura Watches?
    Yes, with no problems - and they price matched for me too.

I hope you're as quick to praise as you are to criticise (e.g. posting a Success thread had they responded within the alloted time).

I’m not sure if they price match during sales but they may do. Why not just order from the other site rather than risk losing it?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    A bit harsh to expect instant reply around holiday period! Any reason why you just didn’t buy from the other website if you can’t wait?
    I never expected an instant reply, but I did expect a reply within the 24 hour time period their email to me stated. I don't think that's asking for to much, after all I am the possible customer.

Craftsman
    I never expected an instant reply, but I did expect a reply within the 24 hour time period their email to me stated. I don't think that's asking for to much, after all I am the possible customer.
    OK, but it's the Christmas period, they have most likely been working crazy hours up to this point, so forget the specifics of the email, have a little patience and empathy and give them a few days.

World would be a much better place with a little more patience and empathy.

Barge Pole leaps to mind. They took £ 2600 off me a few years ago only to inform me the following day "Sorry but that watch is out of stock"....
    So, WhyTF did your less than up to date online transaction software take my money from me ?

It won't be happening again from me.

Craftsman
    I'm not sure about this specific retailer, but I never go with price match. If there is another retailer out there who is prepared to sell at a better price, then they get my custom. What I would expect is for the first retailer to offer to beat that price, not match it. As they never seem to offer that, then the retailer selling for less gets the sale.

Master
    I did the same yesterday, just heard back from them saying that they are unable to prove match but would like to have a call to explain other options...
    So it seems they get back to you soon enough! But perhaps they just can’t price match...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thats bad. I am hoping to ask prize match on a grand seiko.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    I'm not sure about this specific retailer, but I never go with price match. If there is another retailer out there who is prepared to sell at a better price, then they get my custom. What I would expect is for the first retailer to offer to beat that price, not match it. As they never seem to offer that, then the retailer selling for less gets the sale.
    This.
    Why wait for Jura ?
    Just get on an order from the cheaper site.

I have had 2 recent dealings with Jura and I have found their customer service excellent. They will certainly do their best to secure a competitive sale.

However, if you aren’t happy with their price or with their speed of service over a busy holiday period why not just buy from the other supplier rather than coming on here to have a whinge?

Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    This.
    Why wait for Jura ?
    Just get on an order from the cheaper site.
    Perhaps the OP is looking to get cashback which Jura have and the retailer that he has found is not subscribed up to Quidco or the other one. Either way I think its a massive exaggeration to start a thread complaining that a company have not got back on a price match in 24 hours over Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    Thats bad. I am hoping to ask prize match on a grand seiko.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Who are you trying to price match GS against ?

Cheers

Matt

SydR
    The email you received OP will have been a generic one generated by their IT system. If will have no understanding of weekends, holidays, sale times or if 90% of the staff are off sick or on leave.

Give them time and when they do contact you suggest they change their message to say they will reply within X working days or similar if that would suit you better.