timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Watch intentions for 2020

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    That’s incredible.

Journeyman
    I'm keen to downsize a bit from eight currently to five watches maximum if I can. My SKX, Explorers and IWC Mark stay, so that means there's room for another diver and a dressier piece which I would like to be a bit smaller, and possibly vintage. A polerouter, datejust, or maybe even a tank are on the cards.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    To round out my collection with a few other brands. A Moser dress watch of some sort to go with my Vacheron Patrimony Taditionnelle, on the lower end a Citizen Promaster Tough BN0211-09X.

Craftsman
    Hoping for a reduced-size Tudor Pelagos to be announced this year also, would definitely join the queue if they did produce something along those lines...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    A tricky one but I'll give it a go.

1) Buy fewer watches.

2) An Air Ministry is top of the list.

3) Service/repair the watches that need it.

Hang on, I am getting a strong sense of deja vu......

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by benwisback View Post
    Hoping for a reduced-size Tudor Pelagos to be announced this year also, would definitely join the queue if they did produce something along those lines...

This is eminently possible with the new ‘58’ movement, but of course could happen now or in 7 years time.

Currently got a core of 5 good watches

14060m
    Aerospace
    OP36
    Pam562

Plus others some sentimental others not

I want a Rolex GMT. Mid 2000s. So trades for that is on.
    Want to slim the none core side of the collection down to a beater plus sentimental. So all except the g10 will probably go.

Apart from that I want to enjoy what I have and concentrate the money elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Apparently this will be available towards the end of 2020 ... intrigued to see what size it comes out at, and how much Bulova ask for it ... will probably buy it as long as it isn't huge ...

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ci...nt-introducing

Also potentially in the market for a Grand Seiko Quartz GMT SBGN003.
    Would most certainly be keen for one of these - I own a vintage Bulova Snorkel diver and it's so good

Save enough to pay for a service of my Speedy. It's been 7 years.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I think I'm done with Seiko

Master
    For me, I’d like to add a GMT watch of some kind as don’t currently have one and think it’s be nice to have one.

Eddie’s Caribbean is a high priority...

Am also seriously keen on a Speedmaster as have never had one and they’ve always caught my eye. Missed a few on SC so fingers crossed a decent deal comes up at the right time.

Other than that, will probably service a few so I can wear them regularly.

Let’s see what the year brings...

My intentions are to NOT buy a watch in 2020. I have too many, way too many, as it is.

So, I must resist....................... I have the will power............................ I hope
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

SydR
    My 2020 intention to buy a Polar Explorer II has now been cancelled as I picked won up yesterday .

Now I need to think of another intention for next year before midnight!

Craftsman
    My intention is to end the watch drought and actually buy three or four!

I haven’t bought a new watch since 2016 and was given a lovely Tissot by a friend who I was best man for in 2018.

Next year I’ve got plans for:

- Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Red
    - Moana Pacific Professional Titanium
    - Damasko DA36

I’ve got a lot of space to fill in a jewellery drawer in the PAX wardrobes we bought when we moved in so I’ll be posting a few WTBs in the new year.

Happy new year all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    I think I'm done with Seiko
    Me too (as far as any further purchases are concerned).
    Ditto for anything driven by an ETA movement.

I quite fancy a moonwatch but unsure if that will be for this year

Possibly an SD43. Always been a seadweller fan but now struggling to read the date without a cyclops. Haven't bonded with my Daytona so may use money elsewhere. Would love a Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Perpetual.

Craftsman
    Looking at adding the Smiths PRS-29A and possibly the MK11 that Eddie is working on for a 2020 release.

Master
    Blog Entries
    start enjoying £500 watches and forget expensive habitual watch collecting

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    start enjoying £500 watches and forget expensive habitual watch collecting
    Well said!

Trying to remain focused in 2020 and have one target in mind: Vacheron Constantin Overseas (47040).

I would also like to downsize/minimise my collection; maybe even bring minimalism into my life generally. I have around 20 watches left and I find 4 of them take up almost all my wrist time. Pareto's Law. Rolex GMT Master 2, Seadweller, Daytona and Blancpain Bathyscape. Time for the rest to go.

Selling up most of the collection, divorce is expensive:(

Craftsman
    No more acquisitions for me.
    My next watch will be an inheritence Omega 145.017 black dial

Unsure if any purchases to be made this year, if there is it would only be one for myself (trouble is which one - fancy something blue and finances)

wish lists consist of:

Omega Speedy Pro Moonwatch (current or hold out for the new 1861 movement),
    Omega SMP blue either last gen gloss dial, or early beat up (patina) wave dial,
    Really like the new NTTD Bond SMP but massively out of my price range,

Monaco Calibre 11 - needs a heavy discount,
    The new Tag Autavia's looked good on display so now on my radar,

Nomos Club if I can get over the lugs.
    Cartier Santos 100 - 33mm as a dressier watch if again the price is right and condition good
    GO Pano white or blue dial, but again out of my price range.

Will most likely pick up the new Seiko Arnie in Feb, belated 60th & Xmas gift for my dad when he's back in the country and also a Tudor Glamour for the missus to celebrate 10yrs (finally a watch she likes).

May consider selling the Pam 560 doesnt get much wrist time compared to the BB58, but would regret this.

Craftsman
    None for 2020 as have other priorities, been very lucky last year with 5 new watches so count myself fortunate and lucky to have a very understanding wife. Got what I’ve been itching for a GS quartz on 31/12/19 so just managed to squeeze that one in

Overall I think I'll be selling a few, though not sure which yet.

Hopefully will resist the temptation to add any though if I sell quite a few I would like a HAQ of some sort, Longines VHP, Seiko (GS or just Seiko), maybe a Citizen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Probably this one

Journeyman
    Doxa 300t Sharkhunter incoming (late Christmas present to myself??) - then wait to see what the Smiths Caribbean looks like and costs - after that sell a few hopefully. Sold three in couple of months before Christmas, another four or so to go. Got a hankering for one of the new 6105 -8000 homages now on the market as a cheap beater/work watch, and a Glycine Airman 36mm Purist …. and ….. and ....
    Last edited by Drumcairn; 5th January 2020 at 14:36.

Craftsman
    I think 2020 will be very much about bronze watches for me.

Will be starting the year hoping to track down a well priced superocean heritage 2 in said colour scheme

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Master
    I think I am going to try an Apple Watch this year... so sorry.

Journeyman
    Definitely going to reduce the collection by about 10 pieces.

But I do also have a few watches I am very interested in:

Smiths Caribbean is at the tip of my list.

The Speedbird, or perhaps the upcoming IWC homage, or white Everest is close behind.

The Mido Ocean Star Tribute and the Doxa 200 are also intriguing, though the latter may be too close in style to the Caribbean.

And the Sinn 104 - black, white or anthracite - is always out there, looking fantastic.

Or, I could blow the whole watch budget on a Doxa 300T Aquamarine, or a used Seiko SBDX001 or -17.

Being responsible and NOT buying any watches is just a fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluefish View Post
    Or, I could blow the whole watch budget on a Doxa 300T Aquamarine, or a used Seiko SBDX001 or -17.
    If doing that go for an SLA021 / SBDX023. Much prefer Mike to the SBDX017 I used to have.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post
    Selling up most of the collection, divorce is expensive:(
    Expensive, yes, but worth it.

Still looking for a vintage Rolex Pepsi gmt but don’t know enough to narrow it down yet, more research needed. Looking forward to picking up Eddies Caribbean & I will be keeping a very close eye on the proposed IWC homage too.

Prob sell 3 and buy 1 as part of a reduction in numbers. Most likely candidates for the chop currently are 2 Steinharts and either my black bay 58 or black bay Chrono (steel bezel). The one addition might be a 116600 Sea Dweller or a Hulk in the highly unlikely event that I get THAT call. Can’t see more than one purchase on the horizon though.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If doing that go for an SLA021 / SBDX023. Much prefer Mike to the SBDX017 I used to have.
    I'm kinda hung up on the old aluminum bezel & pip and "Marinemaster" on the dial. And that "X".... <sigh> If I go for a MM300, it's going to say "Marinemaster."

I've given some more thought though to the Mido. It might just put me off both the Doxa 200 and the Sinn 104, as it seems to cover both the small retro diver and the blingy wear-every-day "not quite a sub" watch niche that the Sinn also fills. And I just like the looks of the thing. And at a fraction of the cost of the other two. Not that the Mido is quite up to DOXA and Sinn standards, but honestly, neither is my wallet. The Mido will be a step "up" for me from my Seikos and Citizens & Armidas. And leave me funds for the Caribbean. Or Speedbird.

Only bought one watch last year a blue dialed Breitling aerospace.

Only intend to buy one watch this year either something with a yellow or orange dial or maybe a Sinn.

I’ve limited myself to £1500 and since I’m on a 12 month buy nothing new ( not just watches) it will have to be used.

Also on the lookout for a 2005 birth year watch of sub £1000 for my son for his 18th which is looming.

The good news is after looking at this thread there will be a few watches on SC at some point!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    Only bought one watch last year a blue dialed Breitling aerospace.

Only intend to buy one watch this year either something with a yellow or orange dial or maybe a Sinn.

I’ve limited myself to £1500 and since I’m on a 12 month buy nothing new ( not just watches) it will have to be used.

Also on the lookout for a 2005 birth year watch of sub £1000 for my son for his 18th which is looming.

The good news is after looking at this thread there will be a few watches on SC at some point!!

Interesting. My eldest son was born in '05. He will be getting my Sinn 556a when he turns 18. He already has a couple of my Seiko which I have handed down to him. He is becoming quite the enthusiast.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Trying to decide on a one watch to last the next year or so till I can warrant another purchase, I've got way too many potentials though.

Blancpain Bathyscaphe, Breguet 5817st, JLC geophysic, GP laureato, a bunch of panerais etc etc

I like the idea of a bathyscaphe for ruggedness, but I also like a bracelet... ahhh choices.

Watch intentions for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by superthrust View Post
    Trying to decide on a one watch to last the next year or so till I can warrant another purchase, I've got way too many potentials though.

Blancpain Bathyscaphe, Breguet 5817st, JLC geophysic, GP laureato, a bunch of panerais etc etc

I like the idea of a bathyscaphe for ruggedness, but I also like a bracelet... ahhh choices.
    Bathyscaphe on a bracelet seems the logical choice :)

(Get the straps too for when you fancy a change)

Regret letting a Sinn T1 slip through my fingers.

Craftsman
    I hope to just keep the current collection this year. If I were to change my collection I'd like an OP39 in white, a GS of some sort and also something blue. My main goals are house and car related this year though.

Watch intentions for 2020

I’‘ have now acknowledged to myself that I have too many watches (18 to be precise). I know that’’ is too many because I’’ do not wear them all - and what’’ is the point of that?

So I’’ have now broken it down into three lists... the ones I’’ am keeping, the ones I’’ am going to sell and the ones I’’ am really not sure about.

Staying for sure are the 3 Breitlings (Skyland, Seawolf and Navitimer World), Rolex DSSD, Doxa Sub 1500t, Offshore Professional Field Engineer, PRS-2 Dreadnought, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Maranez Layan, Divex 200 (as a beater) and my Omega Geneve Dynamic (purely for sentimental reasons). That would give me a 9-watch rotation (all of which I love and that give me the level of variety that I crave) + the Divex for swimming & the gym and the occasional outing for my 1970s Omega.

The watches I’’ am definitely going to sell include both my Archive Series Bulovas (Lunar Pilot and ‘Stars & Stripes’), Seiko Turtle PADI, Doxa Aquaman and Revolo Sport.

That leaves two where I’’ am currently undecided... the Steinhart Marine Chronometer and my Lum-Tec M50.

As I go in for surgery in less than two weeks I will not be selling anything for a while, but it certainly looks as if what 2020 holds for me is a fairly significant rationalisation and no new purchases.

Interesting to see how that turns out...

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 19th January 2020 at 23:57.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Focus on Rolex and Seiko dive watches. Ditch anything else.

Sell: Explorer 1, BLNR, Omega DSOTM, Tudor Black Bay

Buy: Seiko SLA017, Rolex SD43, DJ28*, and maybe a D-Blue
    Exp 1, DSOTM, Tudor Black Bay - sold. Might keep the BLNR.

DJ28 bought, will see if I can get a SD43 from an AD. Small chance of an SDc instead

Mostly to plan.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Will wait and see what happens at Basel world but have developed a bit of a hankering for the omega 60th collection, if I can find one at a good price I'd find it hard to say no....
    I couldn't even make the wait for Basel, bought a sapphire sandwich already :(

I need to stop buying watches....

Master
    Well, I didn't think I really need anything, but so far in 2020 I've bought a Panerai and a Speedy, going well...

I should have a Harrods BB due in the next couple of months and if Tudor release a blue BB58 at Baselworld will post likely pick that up. Not really too excited about anything else right now, the enthusiasm is towards the lower point of a perpetual cycle.

I have my name down for the 321 re issue but can't really see myself spunking 11k when/if the call comes, more a curiosity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I should have a Harrods BB due in the next couple of months and if Tudor release a blue BB58 at Baselworld will post likely pick that up. Not really too excited about anything else right now, the enthusiasm is towards the lower point of a perpetual cycle.

I have my name down for the 321 re issue but can't really see myself spunking 11k when/if the call comes, more a curiosity thing.
    I resonate with this. Can see only one swap out a year going forward tbh.

January has been an expensive month already....

Sold my SD 43 but picked up a 2018 116710LN, a 116610LV and a BNIB Moonwatch sapphire sandwich already.... Think I need to take it easy for a bit...

I'm thinking of moving my white gold Daytona on and taking the plunge on an ALS 1815 Up/Down or a VC Overseas Dual time

Or selling some other watches too and buying both!