closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch intentions for 2020

No intention to consolidate. Having spent a few years trying on watches that would involve selling off 2 or 3 of my core collection to add one, I have reached the conclusion that the supposed halo brands are not worth it.

I will therefore just stick to what I have and buy a new model BLNR.

Craftsman
    I plan to enjoy my small collection of 7 watches. If i do buy it will be nearer the end of the year and will either by a UN Freak X( blue dial) or an H Moser Pioneer Centre Seconds but no initial plans as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    No immediate plans for any changes, but I do have a Slate Ming 17.06 due around March.
    That will be nice when it comes

Master

Watch intentions for 2020

Still trying to balance the books so a few outgoings first. I’m trying to get to one quartz, one manual wind and one automatic plus a floater.
    Will be acquiring a Serica at some point as part of that combination.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    I would like to add:

* Omega Apollo 11 (with the yellow hand and meteorite effect skeleton dial)
    * Zenith defy inventor (if it’s produced in a different case)
    * Rolex YM everrose on rubber - want one

and - stop selling my watches !!!!
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 26th December 2019 at 21:47.

The plan at the moment is to sell the 425 that I currently have on SC to help fund a SD43 or Deepsea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Focus on Rolex and Seiko dive watches. Ditch anything else.

Sell: Explorer 1, BLNR, Omega DSOTM, Tudor Black Bay*

Buy: Seiko SLA017, Rolex SD43, DJ28*, and maybe a D-Blue

*Tudor sold on SC earlier today and DJ28 is being paid for tomorrow, collected in the new year.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 26th December 2019 at 22:11.

Collection has stabilised somewhat, but that also means less flipping which means less money available for possible acquisitions.

However I do have some funds reserved for an Archimede Outdoor, which is likely to be my next acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I would like to add:

* Omega Apollo 11 (with the yellow hand and meteorite effect skeleton dia!
    That’s the Apollo 8 DSOTM.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another Sinn,just deciding which one.

Master
    Lots of big brands being trumpeted, but how many here are awaiting the newmark 71?

Grand Master
    I need to reduce my collection,so I'll be looking at what doesn't get worn as much as it should.

Then out the door.

I have too many watches, so maybe 2020 will see me sell a few of the lesser worn ones. The problem is that, unsurprisingly, I like all of them and there was a reason behind each purchase. So, maybe not...

I would like to add the following though:

Something Breitling, probably a Navitimer of some kind, after my recent encounter with the ‘59 re-edition.
    A Damasko of some kind.

Then some saving, as I’m hoping 2021 will allow me to get closer to something really special.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Not planning on selling anything but have some ‘wants’

1) A California dial of some sort. Obviously a Panerai would be nice but funds are likely to be restricted this year so have been looking at Spinnaker.

2) The obvious gap in my collection is a chronograph. The only one I own is an AX fashion quartz. I like the look of quite a few but they are all out of budget reach this year so this is really the big question for me. Save like buggery for one or go for a few less expensive ones.

3) I’ve wanted an ana/digital for a while. An aerospace eco is the logical choice but I’m just not in love with it. I’d love a b55 yachting but not for that price. Alternatives would be an Arnie, citizen if some sort or tissot t-touch. This is low priority though.

In all likelihood I’ll buy #1 and then go into savings mode for a good Chrono.

Nomos club campus or a Halios Seaforth - just fancy something I can wear every day without worrying too much about it.

Craftsman
    Working towards owning at most three watches, which even further on will hopefully be whittled down to one or two. I enjoy this hobby, but the time and energy spent trying to recoup the costs of impulse buys that turned out to be not as great as I thought is something I could really do with a lot less of.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Lots of big brands being trumpeted, but how many here are awaiting the newmark 71?
    1 at least. Me!
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 27th December 2019 at 14:37.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I'll see what comes along. In the Pilot Line I'd love to add a Seamaster Big Blue 176.004 but have to be realistic these days and would be more than content with a 166.090, 166.091 or Memomatic 166.071. A good Accutron Astronaut still eludes me and I rather fancy a Heuer Calculator like Ed's. As usual I expect that there will be some unexpected additions after a thread here piques the interest. There are a couple lined up to leave in the usual fashion early in the New Year.

Master
    Dear 2020, please bring me a 5164 and a 15202.

Many thanks.

Bell & Ross BR03-92 Matte Ceramic. Just waiting for a good price in the post Xmas sale. Monaco Calibre 11

Journeyman
    No immediate plans for any changes, but I do have a Slate Ming 17.06 due around March.
    Just had a quick look and it's a very nice watch. Looks as though it should cost more than it does. Fair play!!!

As Donald Trump likes to say, "We'll see what happens."

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cfish2020 View Post
    Just had a quick look and it's a very nice watch. Looks as though it should cost more than it does. Fair play!!!
    I have the copper version already and it's lovely, feels like it should cost several times more than it does. They're supposed to be released in incremental batches each year but with the issues around ETA movement availability not sure whether Ming will be able to fulfill future orders to the same specs.

Craftsman
    Waiting delivery of a Nomos Orion in the NY and on the list for a Hulk . The dealer told me I’m next on the list and will have it first half 2020. If the Hulk does come, which I doubt, I will slim down the collection.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Pre-owned PAM 560 with a sandwich dial.

Journeyman
    I have the copper version already and it's lovely, feels like it should cost several times more than it does. They're supposed to be released in incremental batches each year but with the issues around ETA movement availability not sure whether Ming will be able to fulfill future orders to the same specs.
    If Ming have trouble filling demands because of the ETA availability (which is definitely possible), then I reckon that these could become quite desirable and sought after watches.

Looks like you did well to get in there early with yours. They really are a gorgeous watch, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time to come.

I don’t plan on buying or selling anything this year. My collection has settled and I’m no longer focused on chasing the next ‘grail’.

I do need to get a couple serviced!

Master
    I too am pretty settled with my collection for the foreseeable future. Can wear the Tudor GMT as my one watch while I wait for my AD to get me a BLNR/BLRO.

But with browsing these forums every day, can see myself being tempted to grab another Grand Seiko!

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I don’t plan on buying or selling anything this year. My collection has settled and I’m no longer focused on chasing the next ‘grail’.

I do need to get a couple serviced!
    Wow, watch Nirvana👍

I've currently got 30 Enicars... no way are they all going to get worn, so will sell 10 or so of the smaller value ones to fund a Enicar Sherpa Graph 1c if a good quality one comes up.

Master
    The aim is to stick to being a ‘one watch’ guy for 2020. An SD43 . Done well over the last six months so I’m optimistic. Certainly makes life simpler.

You can't be serious?! Another SD43?!

Can I buy it when you're done?

Craftsman
    Sell my explorer 2 and pelagos and put the money towards a blnr or blro

BB 36 as the black op 34mm is too much money for me

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The aim is to stick to being a ‘one watch’ guy for 2020. An SD43 . Done well over the last six months so I’m optimistic. Certainly makes life simpler.
    Another one ? !!!

Master
    I haven't got a bloody clue...thought i had made a decision after 6 months to sell my 216570 polar and keep my SD126600...woke up this morning thinking about keeping the 216570 and selling the SD...

I am currently sat in a dark room banging my head against a wall.
    Last edited by mjc1216; 27th December 2019 at 14:31. Reason: Spelling

Master
    Won't that be the fourth attempt at a SD43

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Won't that be the fourth attempt at a SD43
    Yes. So we’l see. I’m quite intrigued myself.
    Last edited by paskinner; 27th December 2019 at 15:17.

Master
    Pretty happy with my collection as it stands. Definitely going to add a Daytona to it, but other than that probably nothing else (he says!).

Downsize from 28 to three or four and be rid of the hobby. It's not fun anymore.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Downsize from 28 to three or four and be rid of the hobby. It's not fun anymore.
    I'm of the same mind.But just how easy would it be to sell all my trit dial subs!,not like their in demand.

14060/16600/16610/EXII and Tudor 76100 Lollipop hand,I could be stuck with all these in my old age!.

Master
    A significant birthday will be marked by a watch, not sure which direction that will go at the moment, do I go for a dress watch with the rationale that it is a keeper so to look after it or go for something I'd wear everyday but will be abused as I'm fairly heavy on watches.

And then there's the new Vs used debate, as it's for a significant birthday and money from family being partially used to fund it, I'd prefer new but could get better value for money used.

A smart watch will also be added shortly due to new works policies with regard to phone use.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I thought the WTB for the SD43 was just a couple of months ago? One watch means one watch, not one at a time.....

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    I'd prefer new but could get better value for money used.
    I'm assuming not a Rolex then? If to mark a special occassion, I'd personally go for a non-everyday watch in your circumstances (given you're tough on your watches). But, appreciate you'll post a specific thread on this when the time comes...

I really ought to move the watches that aren't getting much wear (Breitling Avenger Chrono, Smiths Everest, Precista Speedbird, Grand Seiko SGBX009, Grand Seiko SBGJ001, Dreadnought Voyager, Tag Heuer 1000M Super Pro and Seiko 7A28) and concentrate on those that do get all the wrist time (PRS 18Q, Speedmaster Pro, Bremont Airco, Seiko Presmatic and a couple of Casios)

I'd love a 116610LV but don't want to pay over the odds, and a white-dialled PP Nautilus but that's never going to happen either.

The real shame with a couple of them that aren't getting much wear is that they are absolutely wonderful watches but as I'm getting older I just can't fully appreciate them (or even read them) without excellent sunlight and glasses.

Not sure if any of the above will happen.

I am currently at four one of which never gets worn (indeed has never been worn) ... would like to sell that one and perhaps one other and replace both with a 3 hander dress watch but haven’t yet found one that quite hits the spot (plenty I like that are way too expensive!)

Journeyman
    I'd like to get a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms this year but I'm not sure funds will permit. If they release a limited edition that comes close to my ideal - something like the Barracuda but without the vintage lume and red accents - I may have to offload a kidney!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I thought the WTB for the SD43 was just a couple of months ago? One watch means one watch, not one at a time.....
    This reminds me why I rarely contribute these days.
    Last edited by paskinner; 27th December 2019 at 18:29.

This reminds me why I rarely contribute these days.
    Because people actually remember what you post? How unflattering.