closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Watch intentions for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by rsteenekamp View Post
    January has been an expensive month already....

Sold my SD 43 but picked up a 2018 116710LN, a 116610LV and a BNIB Moonwatch sapphire sandwich already.... Think I need to take it easy for a bit...
    What did you sell the SD43 for put of interest? Straight sale or trade?

Craftsman
    January has been an expensive month already....

Sold my SD 43 but picked up a 2018 116710LN, a 116610LV and a BNIB Moonwatch sapphire sandwich already.... Think I need to take it easy for a bit...
    The 116710LN is my favorite watch in my collection, I hope I never need to part with it, always look forward to it's rotation day! I picked up a new Sapphire Sandwich last week as well - the screws in the bracelet were a right pain to get out!

Hoping for a much quieter year. I sold a lot of stuff off towards the end of 2019 and ended up with seven watches that are all part of the collection. Any purchases will be going down the same Seiko Alpinist road, but decisions need to be taken. The new releases have just come out, but they would be in essence duplicates of what I already own.

The guy I bought my SARB013 (White Alpinist) from also has a full set of the four early 90s Quartz GMTs, but buying them would have to be on the drip as I couldn't afford all four at once. Would be a nice addition to the collection.

I certainly won't be buying random watches and selling them two weeks later for a loss, that nonsense has to stop.

That is basically me for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    What did you sell the SD43 for put of interest? Straight sale or trade?
    Traded it at £11500 on an overpriced Hulk - but a better size for my wrist

Master
    I'm planning on being regularly humiliated when I go into my AD to see whether I might ever get another Rolex professional model from them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    The 116710LN is my favorite watch in my collection, I hope I never need to part with it, always look forward to it's rotation day! I picked up a new Sapphire Sandwich last week as well - the screws in the bracelet were a right pain to get out!
    Lol, I took off the bracelet and put on a leather strap - mist of my other watches are in bracelet, so the speedy gives me a nice leather option!

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I'm planning on being regularly humiliated when I go into my AD to see whether I might ever get another Rolex professional model from them.
    Make sure you go into Goldsmiths in Liverpool One, they are very very good at making customers feel like they are something that the shop staff have just stood in 😂

Traded it at £11500 on an overpriced Hulk - but a better size for my wrist
    Ah so gave you "too much" on the SD43 as the Hulk was priced silly anyway. Guess the only thing that matters in that scenario is the cost to change.

See my signature for planned acquisitions, but I intend to keep to 1 in 1 out.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Ah so gave you "too much" on the SD43 as the Hulk was priced silly anyway. Guess the only thing that matters in that scenario is the cost to change.
    Exactly - if I traded on another watch I would have been looking at around £10800 on the SD43

Been on the lookout for a Monnin cased quartz diver, but Heuer seems to have priced itself out of the market. Other brands used the case, Technos, Zodiac etc. Got my eye on something now...
    At the moment I am sticking to one reasonably expensive (2-3k) and a few cheapies per year only

Craftsman
    If they make it to production the new baby Dreadnought and Willard that Eddie released the prototype pictures for this evening.......

If you had asked me at lunchtime I would of said nothing in particular !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Waiting to see what Breitling release in the summer to replace the Aerospace

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Make sure you go into Goldsmiths in Liverpool One, they are very very good at making customers feel like they are something that the shop staff have just stood in 
    I'll give them a try!

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I'll give them a try!
    For a laugh, ask them can you go on the Daytona waiting list 👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    For a laugh, ask them can you go on the Daytona waiting list 
    Not sure I could keep a straight face! Be amusing going in with a really sought after model and asking, mind you!

If you don’t ask you will never get lucky...

Journeyman
    I have cleared all of my silos and this year I'm hoping to add an omega aqua terra and maybe a Tudor Black Bay if I can sneak a second one in under the wife's radar!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Well, I did buy the Mido Ocean Star Tribute. I am very pleased with it. And it had indeed quelled, at least for the time being, my desire for the Doxa 200 and the Sinn 104, much to the relief of my wallet.

Funny thing is, I tried on a Bulova Lunar Pilot, in an effort to confirm that it was too enormous to ever wear, so I could stop looking at the thing on the 'net day after day. I wanted to get it out of my mind.

Bad idea. I can wear it. It's big. But not too big. <sigh> It's not a lot of money but...for some reason I just feel I'm going off on some odd lark if buy it. But I can't get the darn thing out of my mind.

Craftsman
    My 1665 Sea dweller is in for a service and should be back in February. I need to decide if to sell it or lock it away - I'm tempted to sell and pump the cash into other hobbies tbh, as I find wearing it not especially relaxing now due to the value, number of rolex thefts and also the slightly delicate nature of vintage watches.

I think I'll treat myself to an IWC Spitfire this year - the new(ish) canvas strap 'vintage' model. I have a hankering for a Zenith striking 10ths and JLC Deep Sea, but I doubt I'll get either this year.

Get hold of a Grand Seiko sbgk005. Amazing dial and really interesting case.

Slim down my collection of sports Rolex a little bit!

Journeyman
    I'm going to try my first Oris this year. I've decided on one of the new 65 40mm bronze bezels. Now I just need to choose between black or green. No other plans after this as of yet but I doubt it will be my only purchase of this year.

Only two pieces:
    - Rolex Explorer 2 (black)
    - Panerai 217 (I'm not sure about this)

The two of us have made some big lifestyle changes this last 6 months, a big move from the family & the smoke to the South Coast, new jobs, less hours & more quality time.

For whatever reason I’ve not been rotating my collection & mainly wearing a SubC so I’ve decided thin the herd which I’ve already started by selling a few, a Steinhart, Meccaniche Veloci & a Raymond Weil.
    Two more to go will be two Rolex. But which two is the problem...
    I don’t need two GMTs & I don’t need two subs so I’m getting a couple them serviced and then deciding who’s going.

edit: See there’s the problem right there & the one that worries me about selling two high end watches. I’ve just see Downer’s YM on the sc & would snap that up in a heartbeat if I had the cash from the sale of a GMT or Sub!
    Its a sickness I don’t think I can cure.
    Last edited by bigvic; 26th January 2020 at 11:53.

Finding I’m less interested these days and have far too much tied up in watches... will be selling some more of my ‘never wear’ pieces and maybe buying one more 18ct piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSclavunos View Post
    Working towards owning at most three watches, which even further on will hopefully be whittled down to one or two. I enjoy this hobby, but the time and energy spent trying to recoup the costs of impulse buys that turned out to be not as great as I thought is something I could really do with a lot less of.
    Yesterday I sold my second watch this year without having bought anything, so far so good!

Journeyman
    Finding my bucherer