closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bergeon 4266 question

Master

Bergeon 4266 question

I recently picked up a Bergeon crystal lifter on eBay for £20. It’s one of the older design which always seem to be without the platform that accompanies the current version. Can anyone confirm the thickness of the platform, which determines where the lifter grips a crystal? If I had a suitable thickness of rigid plastic / metal I could improvise. Thanks.

I could be wrong ,but I think this is only thin and is not designed to fit over the base of the crystal to create a edge , its only a holder.

If you have a deep edge/ recess this would mean you have to remove the bezel on the watch ,which will fit back over the top. As I say I could be wrong but from the ones I have seen and as I have understood it ,it just makes it easier to pick the glass up as you will need both hands to twist/ hold the tool.

Hopefully someone can correct me if Im wrong !

Master
    You could be right, but if the new crystal is sitting on a flat surface the lifter will grip it at, or very close to, the bottom edge. This will not leave enough of the compressed crystal exposed to allow it to be inserted into the watch case. I’m imagining that the lifter should grip the crystal about 0.75/1.0mm up from the bottom and that’s what the slider part is designed to do. Once the crystal is inside the bezel of the watch it could be pushed in with a crystal press, if the recess is deeper. Maybe I’m wrong??