closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Xmas bargain thread....

As this thread appears to be limited to watches in the thousands I thought I’d add a couple of real-world bargains:

Craftsman
    Saw these 2 in Rox in the Argyll Arcade today, they are priced at £3850 in the window even though they are a higher price on the website. Might be worth phoning the store itself or visiting. Seems a bargain to me.I tried one on and the dial is lovely and catches the light, if i didnt get 2 watches for Christmas i would have bought one.

https://www.rox.co.uk/zenith-pilot-c...mm-watch-69725

https://www.rox.co.uk/zenith-pilot-c...mm-watch-69726

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    wow this is quite a bargain

Craftsman
    Managed to dodge the bullet so far

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    In Chiang Mai again and the Seiko concession in Maya Plaza is liquidating stock crazy cheap. SLA021 at £1400 but best deal is SLA 033 at a quite frankly insane £1800. I have no money but I'm still buying it at that price

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    For that price I’d buy a second SLA033 just for backup!
    So let me know when your selling!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    In Chiang Mai again and the Seiko concession in Maya Plaza is liquidating stock crazy cheap. SLA021 at £1400 but best deal is SLA 033 at a quite frankly insane £1800. I have no money but I'm still buying it at that price

If there is an SLA017 do think of me

Not to my tastes but a swiss made beater for £249 and from a swatch brand we don't see that much in the UK:

https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/accessori...tch/p/76098350

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

Or maybe in titanium for same price?

https://www.tkmaxx.com/men/accessori...tch/p/76080671

Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    I got a really good deal on mine, but nowhere near that price, it's unbeatable.
    Dont forget 20% VAT upon import to the UK though

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Saw these 2 in Rox in the Argyll Arcade today, they are priced at £3850 in the window even though they are a higher price on the website. Might be worth phoning the store itself or visiting. Seems a bargain to me.I tried one on and the dial is lovely and catches the light, if i didnt get 2 watches for Christmas i would have bought one.

No no no, cannot be true.

Only one member here has ever acquired one of these on the cheap and he would be rich if he ever decided to sell it.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    wow this is quite a bargain
    Was no longer there yesterday pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Chronext have a Rolex GMT blnr on jubilee for 11.8k
    I had the same problem attempting to enquire about this only to find the price had gone up 2k almost immediately, frustrating!!

I am relieved in a way though, I need to be patient and wait for my AD to finally decide it's my time!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I had the same problem attempting to enquire about this only to find the price had gone up 2k almost immediately, frustrating!!

I am relieved in a way though, I need to be patient and wait for my AD to finally decide it's my time!
    Is £11.8k for a BLNR on jubilee a ‘bargain’? Thought prices have softened recently.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Is £11.8k for a BLNR on jubilee a ‘bargain’? Thought prices have softened recently.
    I couldn't call it a bargain but for an unworn 126710, that pricing is towards the lower end of the current scale, particularly from a Grey rather than private sale.

I was hoping to explore a trade and my post was really to confirm/highlight the Chronext practice of emailing reduced deals and almost immediately re pricing.
    Last edited by petay993; 29th December 2019 at 11:25.

With all the Bremont love / hate on the other thread, how about an easy 20% discount on (IMHO) their best model? A model that isn’t widely discounted

https://www.francisandgaye.co.uk/bre...BIIBKOR-p13563

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I couldn't call it a bargain but for an unworn 126710, that pricing is towards the lower end of the current scale, particularly from a Grey rather than private sale.

I was hoping to explore a trade and my post was really to confirm/highlight the Chronext practice of emailing reduced deals and almost immediately re pricing.
    Ah I see.... Yeah for a grey it is on the low end. But have seen private sales ask for lesser than that. Guessing you’ve also tried the exploring the trade with WF?

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    With all the Bremont love / hate on the other thread, how about an easy 20% discount on (IMHO) their best model? A model that isn’t widely discounted

Dave

Thanks my Brother in Law is ex-RAF and been after one of these...

Craftsman

Now sold, should have bought when I could have. My wife text the salesman to buy it today as a surprise but it’s sold a few hours after I was in. Lovely watch and someone got a bargain.

Now sold, should have bought when I could have. My wife text the salesman to buy it today as a surprise but it’s sold a few hours after I was in. Lovely watch and someone got a bargain.
    The Bronze is still showing as available.

I wonder why their online price is higher than the marked down sale price in the window display?

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

Dave

This is a good deal.

I also noticed 25% off the Bremont Endurance at Chisholm Hunter here. With what looks like up to 5 years IFC!
    https://www.chisholmhunter.co.uk/bre...ion-watch.html

Craftsman
    The Bronze is still showing as available.

I wonder why their online price is higher than the marked down sale price in the window display?
    No idea but both lovely watches however the ageD steel With the greyish dial was the one i would have took. I think the other is £3850 as well.

No idea but both lovely watches however the ageD steel With the greyish dial was the one i would have took. I think the other is £3850 as well.
    I am tempted with the remaining piece, Rox do seem to pull out the odd cracking deal, I think it was them that gave away that Blue Pelagos for £1,995 earlier in the year

Craftsman
    I am tempted with the remaining piece, Rox do seem to pull out the odd cracking deal, I think it was them that gave away that Blue Pelagos for £1,995 earlier in the year
    If going for it then call or visit the shop as the online price is higher. I bought the blue Pelagos from the Newcastle store as i like a good bargain.

Skywalker Solar Impulse showing as in stock (and correctly priced) at Finnies!

Decided against it as it's far more technical than I need (and I don't really need it AND my Aerospace), but I was seriously tempted - it's a bargain for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Skywalker Solar Impulse showing as in stock (and correctly priced) at Finnies!

Decided against it as it's far more technical than I need (and I don't really need it AND my Aerospace), but I was seriously tempted - it's a bargain for sure.
    got this email today

The price has been adjusted accordingly to what it should be. (RRP £4260), Special price of £2495.

The watch is in-stock. We will not be posting anything today, however if you do wish to purchase the watch over the website, please feel free to proceed and our delivery will begin again on January 6th.

Kind regards,

Jason.

Finnies the Jewellers
    Watch Department
    219223 George Street
    Aberdeen
    AB25 1HY
    Tel: +44 1224 636632
    Email: Watches@finnies.com
    Web: www.finnies.com

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    got this email today

The price has been adjusted accordingly to what it should be. (RRP £4260), Special price of £2495.

The watch is in-stock. We will not be posting anything today, however if you do wish to purchase the watch over the website, please feel free to proceed and our delivery will begin again on January 6th.

Kind regards,

Jason.

Finnies the Jewellers
    Watch Department
    219223 George Street
    Aberdeen
    AB25 1HY
    Tel: +44 1224 636632
    Email: Watches@finnies.com
    Web: www.finnies.com
    I suspect anyone who had the watch in their basket and then aborted the transaction will have received the same email.

The Xmas bargain thread....

Hi all,
    I tried one of these on in-store yesterday and was really taken with it. Whether I would have been quite so interested without the 40% discount is the question that helped me walk away from it without buying for now...

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/websto...r+strap+watch/

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I suspect anyone who had the watch in their basket and then aborted the transaction will have received the same email.
    Yes, I received the same, and asked whether this was brand new. They replied stating that the watch is new and will be given the 5 year warranty from the date of purchase.

I have sent a follow up to ask whether this was the ex display model that was in their window for quite a long time, so we will see what they say

Quote Originally Posted by Seal-Dweller View Post
    Hi all,
    I tried one of these on in-store yesterday and was really taken with it. Whether I would have been quite so interested without the 40% discount is the question that helped me walk away from it without buying for now...
    Montblanc get no love but while I have sold or traded away most watches - my heritage chronometer has been a keeper...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Seal-Dweller View Post
    Hi all,

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    I own a 4810 Star Chrono, wore it to work everyday for 2 years, fantastic watch and the dial finishing was outstanding...but the residuals are horrific, so 40% off closes that gap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Watches of Switzerland in Manchester shows as having this in stock, however, it isnt. Just checked with them and avoids a wasted journey for anyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Yes, I received the same, and asked whether this was brand new. They replied stating that the watch is new and will be given the 5 year warranty from the date of purchase.

I have sent a follow up to ask whether this was the ex display model that was in their window for quite a long time, so we will see what they say
    Moot now - it's sold. (49% discount)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Moot now - it's sold. (49% discount)
    I know

I don't suppose anyone has seen any IWC Pilot Chronographs in a sale? It's my sons 21st in February and this is what he really likes.

Tbh it's a bit of a stretch for me so any discount would be great if any have been seen.

Apprentice
    Thanks for the heads up bought this one!

Craftsman

Changing Times

Quote Originally Posted by m4ckg View Post
    I don't suppose anyone has seen any IWC Pilot Chronographs in a sale? It's my sons 21st in February and this is what he really likes.

Tbh it's a bit of a stretch for me so any discount would be great if any have been seen.
    Times have certainly changed, would never have even crossed my mind to have asked my Father to gift me a Multi thousand pound watch for my 21st. I think the words “Get a job and buy it yourself if that is how you want spend it” would have come back and probably with a head slap thrown in for good measure.

As 80’s fashions are now back on trend, it seems we have a generation who have brought back the 80’s attitude of I want it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Times have certainly changed, would never have even crossed my mind to have asked my Father to gift me a Multi thousand pound watch for my 21st. I think the words “Get a job and buy it yourself if that is how you want spend it” would have come back and probably with a head slap thrown in for good measure.

As 80’s fashions are now back on trend, it seems we have a generation who have brought back the 80’s attitude of I want it all.
    I'm pretty sure that's not what he said, which was

'It's my sons 21st in February and this is what he really likes'.

If Dad wants to buy his son that gift then why not? Sounds like son just happens to like that particular watch. No suggestion he has asked dad to buy it for him! Seems like a lovely gesture

Sent from my SM-F907B using Tapatalk

He didn't ask, I asked the question! I work damned hard in a manual job but do OK for myself. My dad did very well for himself and set the president by getting me a nice watch for my 21st and I'd like to carry the tradition on if that's not too much trouble..

My eldest got the Omega Moonwatch and my youngest the IWC, good taste don't you think

Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not what he said, which was

'It's my sons 21st in February and this is what he really likes'.

If Dad wants to buy his son that gift then why not? Sounds like son just happens to like that particular watch. No suggestion he has asked dad to buy it for him! Seems like a lovely gesture

Sent from my SM-F907B using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the sensible response, if you see my response to the above poster you'll see my reasoning

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LRS-AC View Post
    Thanks for the heads up bought this one!

Gorgeous. Well bought.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    15% off at https://www.jurawatches.co.uk. on a selection of items

Silly comment

Master
    I dont really have any idea about the quality of their watches but i have one of their wallets which is well made. Anyway seemed like good discount and price for a good looking automatic.

https://www.dalvey.com/signature-con...ck-strap-70057

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cirotti View Post
    Well found, sir. Too big for me but that seems very very cheap for the chronometer model.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    That’s a great deal, it’s been reduced again as was an original 20%, I picked up the self winding a couple of weeks ago

Master
    I fancy a Panerai, anyone doing Christmas/New Years deals on them ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some GS models in deacons Swindon with £500 off

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I fancy a Panerai, anyone doing Christmas/New Years deals on them ?
    In similar vein, be grateful for a heads up on any B&R deals

Ta

D