closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Warranty card relating question....

Breitling Warranty card relating question....

Hi

Merry Xmas everyone !

Just a quick question re Breitling warranty card for a watch purchased very recently ( 11/19 ).

Would you expect only the digital card version nowadays or has anyone seen/heard of the below style still being issued and perhaps more importantly , honoured by Breitling UK ?

Best Neil

Master
    What watch is it please ?
    Colin

Hi Colin

B50....

Best Neil

Master
    May be new old stock was my thoughts but know you say B50,unless the B50 was out before they introduced before the electronic warranty card.
    Colin

Any old stock might well have the old warranty cards - I’ve seen both issued in the last couple of years. New models will have the new electronic warranty.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    I've looked on the Breitling website and I don't see Chronext as an official AD in Koln.
    Hi

Thanks for the replies so far....for clarity , I bought the Watch on SC - see: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...50-2-weeks-old

Hmmm....should I be concerned re Warranty ( answer - probably or am I being too cautious ) ?

Best Neil

It’s my understanding that the B50’s came out after Breitling started using the new electronic warranty cards so something is not right, I would be very surprised if they honoured the warranty if it’s not from an authorised dealer as some have mentioned as it does stipulate exactly that under their warranty terms and conditions. It’s worth calling them and asking though as they may make an exception for such a new watch if they are happy with the providence and furthermore the AD might be the one shown with the perforation abbreviations CPO CNX under the chronotext sticker.
    Congratulations on the B50, I have the Night Mission version and they are superb, Breitling seem to have sorted out all the problems that the early models had.
    Last edited by shalako; 25th December 2019 at 14:19.

Ring breitling ask them they will tell when the watch was purchased etc... Chrononext could have bought the retro certificate box and warranty booklet and filled it out

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Pretty Sure all watches since 2010 should have electronic card, chronext is grey so that is very likely invalid warranty card.

Blog Entries
    Chronext give their own 2y warranty. May be worth checking with Breitling on that particular watch - as it’s an import from a country that may not use the e-card?

if you are unhappy with the deal - try sorting something with the seller?
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 26th December 2019 at 00:53.

From all Chronext new Breitling listings, they state:

In addition to the manufacturer’s warranty you receive a 2-year warranty from CHRONEXT, valid from the date of purchase.

Seems to suggest they believe the Breitling warranty is valid. I’d be surprised if a company as big as Chronext were mis-advertising manufacturer warranties.
    Last edited by Christian; 26th December 2019 at 18:48.

CPO certified pre owned.
    CNX Chrononext?

Could it be that they have an arrangement with Breitling that allows watches to be sent back for a check etc and they then pay an agreed sum for a Breitling warranty?

Apprentice
    In the last year I have purchased 2 Brietlings from AD’s, a Transocean Day Date and a Superocean 44 Special Black, both watches came with the electronic warranty card. Chronext are not an AD so if you have any issues with the watch, it will probably be down to Chronext to sort. Bit of advice, check the accuracy of your watch.
    Have a look at my post on the Rolex forums, I will never purchase another Breitling. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=712416

Quote Originally Posted by 220e View Post
    In the last year I have purchased 2 Brietlings from AD’s, a Transocean Day Date and a Superocean 44 Special Black, both watches came with the electronic warranty card. Chronext are not an AD so if you have any issues with the watch, it will probably be down to Chronext to sort. Bit of advice, check the accuracy of your watch.
    Have a look at my post on the Rolex forums, I will never purchase another Breitling. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=712416
    Sounds like you had bad luck there but I’ve had nothing but excellent customer service from Breitling. I’ve owned 4 in the past and one required remedial work from damage caused by a third party service. Breitling service department were outstanding.

I think you may have a bit of a dud there. Contact Breitling UK and ask directly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Sounds like you had bad luck there but I’ve had nothing but excellent customer service from Breitling. I’ve owned 4 in the past and one required remedial work from damage caused by a third party service. Breitling service department were outstanding.
    Yeah, extremely bad luck. The thing is, after the problems with the first watch, I put it down to bad luck, but then worse problems with the second watch! For me that was enough, I have lost all faith with Breitling. It’s a shame as I really liked both watches. I’ve now only got the Transocean DayDate but once my next Rolex arrives, I will sell it.

Not sure if it helps at all but here is the GP warranty card for my recent NOS purchase, filled in by Chronext and with the same sticker. Things may be different with Breitling but I purchased knowing that my warranty was with Chronext and not GP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

and the Official reply ( my bold ):

Thank you for your recent email and the interest shown in Breitling.

We have safely received the photograph of the warranty certificate for your recent purchase which shows the date of purchase , model and serial number as well as the retailer who sold the timepiece.

Please note that authorized Breitling retailers deliver a digital warranty card which is activated in store.

Paper international warranty cards are issued by retailers out of the official sales network but who may sell older Breitling stock or stock from another market.

A paper international warranty is of course valid and your 2 year warranty will run from the purchase date of 27/11/2019.

We hope to have answered your query and remain at your entire disposal for any further information.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2020.

Yours sincerely,

#squadonamission

Karen
    Breitling Customer Relations Associate

E-mail: info.buk@breitling-uk.com
    www.breitling.com

Master
    It is nice to hear it is all clarified. Enjoy the piece.

Wow, so basically they are saying that they will honor the warranty despite it not coming from the AD network... Top service there.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Excellent result. Enjoy the watch.

Craftsman
    As a Breitling owner it is great to see they have taken the time and effort to reply to your inquiry in such a satisfying way. Customer service just like you should expect from Breitling..
    Well done.
    Guillermo