closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Explorer on a Jubilee

Master

Explorer on a Jubilee

I do like an Explorer, especially the 1016. I do like a jubilee bracelet for sheer comfort. I didn't realise the two can go together. Random googling turned up this: https://www.watchpatrol.net/listing/713884/ Listing has nothing to do with me and I shan't be buying at that price.

How common is this combination? Was this something Rolex sold or added by the owner afterwards? Makes me consider putting one on my Everest.

A Jubilee should be seen on a Datejust and nothing else. An Everest ( I have both sizes ) looks good on anything . . . except a Jubilee. IMHO.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    A Jubilee should be seen on a Datejust and nothing else. An Everest ( I have both sizes ) looks good on anything . . . except a Jubilee. IMHO.
    It is up to the owner to decide on what bracelet to wear. Perhaps you may care to comment on what shirt or shoes he should choose.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    It is up to the owner to decide on what bracelet to wear. Perhaps you may care to comment on what shirt or shoes he should choose.
    Yea, how dare you express an opinion in a public forum of all places!!!

The purpose of this thread is to nod and smile politely and not discuss. You've missed the point of a discussion forum completely.

OUTRAGE!!

I think the Explorer looks terrible on a jubilee too.

Blog Entries
    I like the jubilee bracelet. It seems to suit the Exploreralike skx007 that I modded, but perhaps that’s down to the skx case shape.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I was on fence about the jubilee bracelet but a recent incoming- BLNR on a jubilee bracelet has turned me into a fan.
    If you are confident and self assured enough to carry off a tiny bit of bling, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post

I guess you missed the "IMHO" at the end of my post. Perhaps you may care to cease posting garbage on these forums.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I guess you missed the "IMHO" at the end of my post. Perhaps you may care to cease posting garbage on these forums.
    Nearly every statement on a forum is an opinion. Using the term IMHO is just stating the blinding obvious. You are an aggressive obnoxious thug IMHO. If I deleted the IMHO, the message would still be the same.

Don’t think it suits it at all. Each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Explorer looks great on a jubilee, especially the older references!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pictures that I’ve seen of it on a jubilee look great and really do suit it, so a thumbs up from me.

Craftsman
    nah.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    The thing is the jubilee bracelet is far more comfortable and the reason I wear my datejust more often than my explorer

Quote Originally Posted by zenius View Post
    nah.

Sorry mate (yes, you’re correct, I’ve never met you so I’ve no idea whether you may be or perhaps even may become one, over time) but what exactly do you mean? Which of the OP’s questions are you answering?

To my very inexperienced eye, it appears that you’ve suddenly (re?)found your interest in watches over the festive period, having joined the forum some time ago but only now decided to give us the benefit of your thoughts across a number of threads. These thoughts do seem quite succinct. So succinct that to the layman it might come across as you being desperate to reach a certain post count? 250 maybe? A threshold that I’ve yet to pass but one that I’m not rushing towards.

Please do take this opportunity to boost your post count by just one more with your response. Here’s hoping it’s a tad more informative than some of your others.

Oh no! This post might be seen as me doing the same as you....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Sorry mate (yes, you’re correct, I’ve never met you so I’ve no idea whether you may be or perhaps even may become one, over time) but what exactly do you mean? Which of the OP’s questions are you answering?

To my very inexperienced eye, it appears that you’ve suddenly (re?)found your interest in watches over the festive period, having joined the forum some time ago but only now decided to give us the benefit of your thoughts across a number of threads. These thoughts do seem quite succinct. So succinct that to the layman it might come across as you being desperate to reach a certain post count? 250 maybe? A threshold that I’ve yet to pass but one that I’m not rushing towards.

Please do take this opportunity to boost your post count by just one more with your response. Here’s hoping it’s a tad more informative than some of your others.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Its suits it, lovely

Journeyman
    Wear whatever is comfortable and looks good to you. I am not easily offended. Over iced Rolex aside, straps and bracelets should be a choice, like clothes IMO

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TZ-UK mobile app

It doesn’t work for me. To me it seems like a mix of tool watch and dressier bracelet, which doesn’t mix.

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    It doesn’t work for me. To me it seems like a mix of tool watch and dressier bracelet, which doesn’t mix.
    While I don't seem to mind Subs and GMTs on jubilee bracelets, the Explorer, especially at 39mm doesn't seem to work as well. Here's one I found on-line. It doesn't gel.

Master
    It’s a nope from me

Craftsman
    Looks fine, an Explorer is not all that different to a 00 bezel Datejust - which looks great on a jubilee.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I didn't expect this thread to be as contentious. :) I prefer the 1016 on a jubilee that the newer Explorer models. The older model is a pretty plain watch and while the jubilee adds a little bling it it pretty subdued. That said I would be be happy with any combination. I find the jubilee to be a really comfortable bracelet to wear, hence my bias.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    While I don't seem to mind Subs and GMTs on jubilee bracelets, the Explorer, especially at 39mm doesn't seem to work as well. Here's one I found on-line. It doesn't gel.

I think the smaller, gilt dial looks a lot better on a jubilee than this does - but even so I still much prefer an Explorer on an Oyster or strap

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post

Reach 250 & do what?

I agree some of the postings are a side-effect of bit too much of whiskey, and having the phone of hand.

I buy watches to keep, especially the expensive ones. If you think people join and post on these forums only to reach a magical 250 and sell, you are sadly mistaken.

Craftsman
    I really like the jubilee on the explorer. One of the benefits of the Rolex hype is that we’ve become so bored seeing the same gang of sports models over and over ad nauseum that people are thinking outside the box.

Blog Entries
    No not common. No not sold by Rolex

Well I love super jubilee concealed clasp on GMT master and hulk

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bokbok; 7th January 2020 at 16:14.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Well I love super jubilee concealed clasp on GMT master and hulk

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Oh wow the jubilee on the hulk what a combo