closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko 6105 8110 on ebay

Master

Seiko 6105 8110 on ebay

I'm looking for a 6105 8110 and thought that I would post a few eBay examples for members to comment on so that I could gain some knowledge on what to look out for

what do you think of this

They seem to be increasing in price and maybe the SLA033, (a few for sale at £2,500 ish), would be a better buy unless a "vintage" model is preferred
    Last edited by BillN; 20th December 2019 at 10:33.

Master
    I'm no expert but that looks like it's been relumed to me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    I'm no expert but that looks like it's been relumed to me.
    description is

"Vintage 1975 Seiko Japan 17jewel Automatic 6105b hacking Original movement"

"Original stainless-steel case lightly polished by hand. Has a few scratches which is expected sometimes of a watch this age nothing severe though The back is screw down type Serial No:5D4206 Crown and stem seem to be OK. crown seal not replaced crown pin slightly worn Original coin edge steel bezel rotates bi-directional (with click) original insert

"Not Modified except replacement crystal and case gasket the rest is all original"

"The movement as been Serviced and Regulated this year (2019) the reserve is good off the the wrist approximately 24hr+ observed from a full wind this may decrease all depends on usage (on the wrist) and don't forget its an old watch not new my advice is to swing it side to side for a good 3-5 minutes (Seiko-Shake) before setting it down for night something similar to the picture below. "

Master
    My reason for saying that is it looks too perfect with no signs of aging. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to give you better advice. Out of interest how much is it?

Master
    My reason for saying that is it looks too perfect with no signs of aging. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to give you better advice. Out of interest how much is it?
    I would think that it will sell for £1,000, maybe more

I'd say it looks good, there is a little ageing to the hands near the centre pinion, which is normal, mine looks like that, the dial looks very clean, either its a great example or its a new dial, which I don't think it is, the indices are nice and sharp, which isn't the case on aftermarket dials, my gut tells me its all original, but like all these things, its a brave man to say 100%.

The insert is a bit rough nut thats easier to find than the rest of it, a 6309 one will fit.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    I would think that it will sell for £1,000, maybe more
    Ahh so no starting bid? Keep your eye on it, you may get lucky so near to Christmas.

Master
    Ahh so no starting bid? Keep your eye on it, you may get lucky so near to Christmas.
    you never know with eBay

I'm not in too much of a hurry, but as always I would rather buy one off this Forum

I think that the 6105 8110 has now got to a stage were the value has been hyped up, because of the Cpt Willard/Sheen connection - I would think there are lots out that will start to surface, bt most will be in "poor" condition

The only thing that bothers me is the polishing of the case at the back. The description says that it was done by hand. That doesn't look like the original finish that the watch came with. Normally if you want to do a proper job you give the watch its original type of finish (or don't do it at all). They should have used a finer grain as the grit looks quite coarse.

Can't help any more but be careful because these are the types of Seikos that get franken-ed. Sometimes with original parts sometimes with aftermarket ones.

And what about the replacement crystal and gasket. Seiko is one of the few companies that produces ALL parts for its watches. Often you can only fit in the correct original replacement part because others won't fit or they'll fit badly. (just like with Omega watches...)
    Last edited by ordo; 20th December 2019 at 11:36.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ordo View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is the polishing of the case at the back. The description says that it was done by hand. That doesn't look like the original finish that the watch came with. Normally if you want to do a proper job you give the watch its original type of finish (or don't do it at all). They should have used a finer grain as the grit looks quite coarse.

Can't help any more but be careful because these are the types of Seikos that get franken-ed. Sometimes with original parts sometimes with aftermarket ones.
    I'm not planning to bid on this one, I do not know enough about the model, (that's hopefully the purpose of this thread), but the ebay posting as a whole does not feel "right"

Craftsman
    A grand? Blimey.Took mine out the other day and the waffle strap had snapped from being stored buckled up. Oops.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djacks42 View Post
    A grand? Blimey.Took mine out the other day and the waffle strap had snapped from being stored buckled up. Oops.
    Same thing happened to mine earlier this year.