closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Polestar Engineering Optimisation

Polestar Engineering Optimisation

Has anyone had the Polestar Engineering Optimisation installed on their Volvo? I have an XC90 T8 and am curious what it is like. There's a 14 day trial so maybe worth giving that a go.

I had it done on my V90 CC, serious improvement, wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

My MY 17 T8 has been Polestarred, I really enjoy it. “Polestar Engineered” replaces the “Power” drive mode, so you can still access the standard “hybrid” etc modes, which I think is rather clever.

it isn’t a chalk-and-cheese remap, but there’s useful extra torque, a more responsive throttle and the transmission holds gears much better. Overall, it makes the car more fun to drive without compromising the comfort or ease of long motorway hauls. If they’re offering a free trial, I’d definitely give it a go.

My Dad wanted polestar but without the shiny bits they add on the production version so he bought a T8 which had the polestar retro fitted.

Loves it, I have only been a passenger but the power is amazing and its the first car that I had to tell him to slow down !
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

How much is it to have Polestar retrofitted?

Journeyman
    It was added to my 2019 D5 XC90 when new. You can certainly tell the difference when you select it from the drive modes.

Mine lowers the air suspension, alters the rev range for gear changes and has a sharper throttle response. For the bikers amongst us, it's a bit like when you change from Road to Sport mode. It's certainly a nice to have if you can get it fitted when Volvo have one of their discounted offers on!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    How much is it to have Polestar retrofitted?
    Think it's £595 at the moment, which is a discount of £170. I'm going to give it a go, more fun than spending money on the MOT and service. The Power mode is already excellent so looking forward to feeling the difference.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk