closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yema Superman Heritage 41mm - Bracelet problem - any other owners out there?

Apprentice

Yema Superman Heritage 41mm - Bracelet problem - any other owners out there?

I took delivery of my Yema Superman Heritage 41mm yesterday after having my eye on it for a long time. It's my first ~€1000 watch so I was very excited! The case and dial are absolutely beautiful and I'm in love - but unfortunately I've ran into a huge problem with the bracelet.

I immediately noticed when picking it up that the first two links either side of the lugs keep contacting and getting stuck on the lugs. This means everytime I put on or take the watch off, both links on each side get stuck under the lugs and have to be manually pulled out which is not only annoying but sometimes surprisingly difficult. Also whenever the watch moves around on the wrist a bit, like for example putting a tshirt on, at least one side will get stuck under the lugs again, making the bracelet uncomfortable and out of shape.

You can see video/photos of the problem here: https://imgur.com/a/YWOu8jM

I was surprised when contacting Yema's customer service as they are known to be fantastic but the lady I spoke to was actually a little rude and defensive, saying that it's normal for watches to do this (never seen this happen on any of the 25 watches I've owned in my life time), that nobody else has complained about this problem and that the issue is that my wrists must be too small (they're 7.25inch, so not small).

Are there any other owners of the watch here? I'm trying to decipher whether I've received a poor QC watch or whether this is intentional or is an actual design fault with the watch.

I really don't think this is an issue I should be dealing with when the watch is this expensive. What do you guys think?

Re: What do you guys think?

I am afraid not much. In general not a fan of practice of joining a watch forum to rail against a brand?
    What other fora have you joined to do the same?
    As far as the problem, the Yema reissues are visually pleasing and interesting but in general quality has not been exceptional. Sorry about your problem and hope you can have it satisfactorily resolved.

Master

Yema Superman Heritage 41mm - Bracelet problem - any other owners out there?

I have the bronze version, which came on a strap - so I can’t help you with that, but I can tell you about my experience with them.

When I first got the watch it was running 7,000-8,000 (yes THOUSAND) secs per day fast. So as you can imagine I sent it back.

However, they said they could arrange a courier pickup so I would have to arrange to return it. They said they would reimburse postage of up to €60.00 - I said I would send it back by a reasonable process but if the postage cost more than that I would want full reimbursement.

Because of the value of the watch it actually cost £80.00 - so I sent the receipt to them. I was initially told I would get reimbursement when they returned the watch.

The watch was eventually returned to me and had the testing sheet with it. However, in use the watch bared no resemblance to their figures - on average it was running +20secs fast when it should have been no more than+/- 7 secs.

Additionally, when you pulled the crown out to hand wind it, it was very difficult to get it in a position where it would work.

Even more annoyingly they hadn’t reimbursed the cost of postage.

So after about a month of trying to regulate the watch I again contacted them.

Initially I was told they would only reimburse €60.00; I said that wasn’t acceptable and after a ‘discussion’ they eventually agreed to pay £80:00 to my PayPal account - nothwithstanding the fact I had paid directly by credit card.

They also tried to say the watch was in tolerance and I should merely try and regulate it by leaving it in different positions. I said I’d already tried that - and in any event the winding issue needed to be addressed.

So they agreed to take it back again - and this time they managed to arrange a pick up.

I now have it back. It seems they swapped the movement and on average it runs at +8 secs per day.

I think it’s a great looking watch - but to be honest, at or about the same time as receiving this, I’d also received an Ianos Avyssos, a Isotope Gotte d’Eau Nordblad and a Newmark 71. The Isotope and Newmark cost less than half the Yema - and frankly all 3 of these small microbrands seemed to take more care in ensuring the watch was ‘right’ on delivery - and the watches themselves appear equal, or better, quality.

(PS - I think you can join a forum for whatever reason you want - and if you have an issue with your watch you have every right to ask other people if they have had the same)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KAS118; 7th April 2020 at 20:45.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Re: What do you guys think?

I am afraid not much. In general not a fan of practice of joining a watch forum to rail against a brand?
    What other fora have you joined to do the same?
    Where else is he supposed to ask?

And railing against the brand? Are you reading the same post as me? He sounds like he's asking for people's experience of Yema watches, which seems a reasonable question to ask on a watch forum. And if that was happening to my £1000+ watch, I'd be sending it back.

As it happens, I do have experience of the Yema Superman, but the in-house movement version, and I bought in the sale so it wasn't a huge amount of money. I thought the watch was ok in a Kickstarter kind of way. Certainly not worth £1000, but the finish was pretty good, the dial was beautiful, and the movement had its idiosyncrasies. In fact, I had to send mine back for a date change problem, but it was resolved in a couple of weeks.

That bracelet issue looks annoying and obviously Yema doesn't work to exact tolerances because it looks like a shaving off the link would solve it.