closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ch Ward customer service

Ch Ward customer service

Long story short I have been looking for a long time for a decent priced CW C11 Makaira Pro. Finally got one but it came on leather so I wanted a bracelet for it. Originally bracelet was an option but very few were sold on bracelet so they are like hens teeth. Luckily I managed to source one from a private buyer and bought it but sadly it had seen better days. Stretched and jangly I knew I would never be happy with it

So I contacted ch Ward and asked if they could fix it fully expecting a hefty bill but they just sent a prepaid to send them the watch, they replaced the offending links and gave the rest of the bracelet a gentle polish (I think) and returned it to me. 7 days start to finish and total cost of £0.00.

Well done Ch Ward. Excellent service and I felt I had to share

Master
    Puts the big boys to shame. Matches my experience with them.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

That's great customer service. Like the watch too...reminds me of the older gen aerospace!

Send a watch to Christopher Ward some time ago for a warranty repair. Asked whether I could also purchase a couple of additional links for the bracelet.

Watch came back with 2 new links (and a brand new box) - no charge!

They were also offering a 5 year warranty long before the more expensive manufacturers caught up with them.

Fantastic service!

I recently visited my Rolex AD for a service / repair and was left feeling mega disappointed! It was all about the money, absolutely zero interest in the actual watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    That's great customer service. Like the watch too...reminds me of the older gen aerospace!
    Honestly the watch is superb - unique styling and a genuine tool.

The Makaira is one of the few CW watches I actually like. Looks good.

And great service from CW, but they can be hit and miss if you read some threads on the CW Forum.

Before I opened this I was assuming it was praise not scorn, based on past CW feedback. Well done CW, and good to share. Definitely puts more expensive brands to shame (e.g. Panerai, Patek) and so refreshing to see them put the customer first, not profits.

Can’t argue with that can you! Good customer service will reap rewards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow can’t argue with that you must have been chuffed!

Quote Originally Posted by DANH View Post
    Wow can’t argue with that you must have been chuffed!
    Ye well pleased but more than that, I was just pleased to see a UK company not ripping the piss in terms of repair costs

Certainly the correct way of handling the issue. Well done CW. Might have to give one a try at some point.

I have always found CW customer service to be excellent to be honest, it was even better when Wera was in charge

Exemplary customer service, good to hear!

Lovely watch btw

Craftsman
    Lets remember how fantastic their watches are also. I had a C65 Trident diver with the HW Sellita SW210 and I don't think there is a better watch for the money with the finish work of the watch just superb.

Master
    How it should be. Quick easy fix in reality yet the big players have us thinking they are doing open heart surgery every time they touch a watch. Reminds me of when I contacted the customer service manager for Swatch service center in Southampton as I needed some new screws for a speedmaster. Told to pop in at my leisure! Watch was taken up to a technician and 10 minutes later back with me, no charge.

Craftsman
    Great customer service. I used to have a Makaira aswell - great watch and really well made.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Great service from CW.

Master
    The Makaira is one watch I wished I hadn’t sold- Have been to their office/showroom quite a few times as I live local, always 10/10 for CS.

Master
    That’s great to hear :-)

I've got a stainless Makaira (I thought Rusty's was the titanium model, but I think it's the same on reflection) and I hardly ever wear it, but I must admit it's a very nicely made watch (cost me £275 new) with an ETA movement and is one of the best runners on my timegrapher.

One day when I was idly checking all my mechanicals on my timegrapher I was surprised by how well finished it felt compared with quite a few watches I've paid more for.

I do like some of their current models, but (like Seiko) they're relentlessly pushing upmarket.

It's nice to hear, though, that they still have time to provide excellent customer service for owners of older watches - The kind of brand that deserves loyalty, I would argue.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I've got a stainless Makaira (I thought Rusty's was the titanium model, but I think it's the same on reflection) and I hardly ever wear it, but I must admit it's a very nicely made watch (cost me £275 new) with an ETA movement and is one of the best runners on my timegrapher.

One day when I was idly checking all my mechanicals on my timegrapher I was surprised by how well finished it felt compared with quite a few watches I've paid more for.

I do like some of their current models, but (like Seiko) they're relentlessly pushing upmarket.

It's nice to hear, though, that they still have time to provide excellent customer service for owners of older watches - The kind of brand that deserves loyalty, I would argue.

M
    You wouldn’t get much change if any from £600 for it now.

Journeyman
    Another thumbs up from me for CW customer service. The date window surround on my wife's Trident detached without the watch being dropped or anything like that. The watch was outside warranty but I delivered it to CW to see what they could do. The watch was returned to me by post a couple of weeks later, no charge.

Nice to see something different about CW- something other than the usual moaning about the logo and the frequent sales.