closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The return of Timor. WWW homage.

With the wording on the e-mail saying "as low as £650", and a regular price about 50% higher, I suspect the number at that price will be a very limited "super early bird" discount.
    I wish them luck, but I am out of the running on this.
    D

Master
    Can't help thinking they're punching way above their weight. I'm no longer interested.

If the new Timor would have the same price as the PRS29 (or max 500£) would be OK for me.
    Sellita is a (very good) clone of 2801-2 ETA.
    BTW ... a beautiful hommage watch! congratulations!

Craftsman
    I am suprised they are looking at £650 initially. I think they will price this out of the market. There are others out there that offer effectively the same watch with better spec and design for less.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    I am suprised they are looking at £650 initially. I think they will price this out of the market. There are others out there that offer effectively the same watch with better spec and design for less.

Totally agree, I'd have bought one at half the price but as soon as I saw the discounted Kickstarter price I knew it wasn't for.me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    PRS29 is a bargain. I've never seen more watch for the money
    Couldn't agree more. I just purchased the PRS-29A from Eddie and I just can't believe how awesome this watch is. I have said it before and will say again that Eddie's watches hit so far above their price point. I really like field watches and really like the Timor but I think that the super early bird price as it is with only 25 pieces for each of the 2 movement options is a real stretch. Eddie is working on a watch that pays tribute to the IWC MK11 and it will come with a top grade Sellita SW210 movement, 100m of WR. He just ordered the prototype and has already ordered the movements so I would imagine this will be available later this year and even though he hasn't put a price tag on it yet I can imagine it will be less than the Timor for more watch. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I really like field watches and really like the Timor but I think that the super early bird price as it is with only 25 pieces for each of the 2 movement options is a real stretch.
    Where did you get this info? I wonder what will be the jump after the initial 50? I guess £700 or £750. I think at that it will be a tough sell but I wish the guy luck, it would be a shame not to see this come into fruition.

I'm yet to decide if I will try to get in on the super early. I would like a beater version of my Timor as I used to with the PRS29a when I owned a W10, but at what cost? Something would have to go to make way and i'm not sure about that.

Also not helping is the newly released CWC W10 70's reissue which is an absolute peach and only £449.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 25th January 2020 at 10:35.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Where did you get this info? I wonder what will be the jump after the initial 50? I guess £700 or £750. I think at that it will be a tough sell but I wish the guy luck, it would be a shame not to see this come into fruition.

I'm yet to decide if I will try to get in on the super early. I would like a beater version of my Timor as I used to with the PRS29a when I owned a W10, but at what cost? Something would have to go to make way and i'm not sure about that.

Also not helping is the newly released CWC W10 70's reissue which is an absolute peach and only £449.

If you go to the Timor website and scroll to the bottom and go to Press there is a link to the Kickstarter preview page and will give you a lot of info.

Heads up for those interested, this goes live at midday today.

I'm sadly out even if I wanted to back it as don't have the money. Good luck to those that are planning to grab the super early birds, I do think it'll be a great watch.

Craftsman
    Heads up for those interested, this goes live at midday today.

I'm sadly out even if I wanted to back it as don't have the money. Good luck to those that are planning to grab the super early birds, I do think it'll be a great watch.
    I am all over it as it goes live here in the US at 7 am EST. On the kickstarter preview page there has been a comment section and it seems that I was the only person to comment in it. I simply said that I thought that having only 25 slots for each variant in the super early bird and early bird was not enough and that he might want to think of maybe leaving the super early bird open for a specific period of time instead of a limited number of slots. The owner must have read it. Although he did not leave it open for a period of time he did double the number to 50 slots for each variant for both super early bird and early bird.

I am all over it as it goes live here in the US at 7 am EST. On the kickstarter preview page there has been a comment section and it seems that I was the only person to comment in it. I simply said that I thought that having only 25 slots for each variant in the super early bird and early bird was not enough and that he might want to think of maybe leaving the super early bird open for a specific period of time instead of a limited number of slots. The owner must have read it. Although he did not leave it open for a period of time he did double the number to 50 slots for each variant for both super early bird and early bird.
    That was a sensible move, 100 super early birds makes it much more likely to get funded and after all the work it would be a shame not to see it reach its goal.

Which version are you going for? I'd have gone manual wind if I was in the position to back it.

I think it’s a nice idea it looks great but...
    It’s about double the price I would be willing to pay (retail price) I did say I would jump at it at £650 but on reflection I am just not sure as such I am out.
    I wish the project well though
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 20th February 2020 at 14:31.

Craftsman
    That was a sensible move, 100 super early birds makes it much more likely to get funded and after all the work it would be a shame not to see it reach its goal.

Which version are you going for? I'd have gone manual wind if I was in the position to back it.
    I am backing the hand wound version of course. I am glad they are offering it with an automatic movement because that gives the people who would not be interested in the project if it were only a hand wound watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I think it’s a nice idea it looks great but...
    It’s about double the price I would be willing to pay (retail price) I did say I would jump at it at £650 but on reflection I am just not sure as such I am out.
    I wish the project well though
    I did weigh everything and I felt that it was worth backing this watch. I will agree that the full retail price is a hard sell, but when I look at the popularity of the military/field watch and I look at the prices on the vintage side even a rendering in good to very good condition are hard to find for under $1500.00 or more.

I am backing the hand wound version of course. I am glad they are offering it with an automatic movement because that gives the people who would not be interested in the project if it were only a hand wound watch.
    Good choice on the manual wind, seems most agreed as the super early bird manual winds are all gone now. Automatic versions still available. I'm glad in a way that the temptation is gone, was painful knowing they were sitting there only a couple of clicks away from being claimed.

Will look forward to seeing the finished result when people receive them.

It is interesting that he seems to be offeirng the two with no change in the case dimensions (that I saw), so no saving in case depth for choosing the manual version.
    Of course this means that if you wanted a manual. you buy an auto and take the rotor off.......
    I have no doubt this will get funded, he is 55% there already.
    But not for me
    D

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Artium View Post
    Both movements are built by Sellita, especially for Timor. Really?

The case has a bead blasted finish that, unlike brushed or polished finishes, will age beautifully with time. LOL
    The two movements in question, SW216 for hand wound and SW260 for automatic have a date complication so Sellita has removed the date complication altogether thus removing the ghost position. I hate date features, time only for me please, just wind, hack, and set time.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    It is interesting that he seems to be offeirng the two with no change in the case dimensions (that I saw), so no saving in case depth for choosing the manual version.
    Of course this means that if you wanted a manual. you buy an auto and take the rotor off.......
    I have no doubt this will get funded, he is 55% there already.
    But not for me
    D
    Yes but I can live with a 11mm thickness for a hand winder, and it makes it great for those that fancy an automatic.

95% funded ... this one should make it

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    95% funded ... this one should make it
    I got in at the very beginning for the super early bird for the hand wound version. Did you back this project or just monitoring it?

Craftsman
    Congrats to Benjamin and Timor Watch Co. for the successful funding of the new Timor Heritage Field Watch, or better known as the WWW or "Dirty Dozen", well one of them.

I got in at the very beginning for the super early bird for the hand wound version. Did you back this project or just monitoring it?
    Well I chipped in a buck to see how it all unfolds...

Not really anything new written about the watch here but nice bit of publicity....

https://www.fratellowatches.com/timo...from-the-dead/

5 days left for the kickstarter, strangely a super early bird for the manual wind was available when I checked half an hour ago but by the time I contacted my friend that was after one it had gone.

There are 2 super early birds of the auto available at time of writing though if anybody is after one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d_reward=false

Master
    I was tempted to go for a manual wind one at £650 but didn’t commit to it. I still like the watch but not enough to pay £910 for it. According to the website there are still 49 manual winders still up for grabs and 16 autos available. That seems like a lot of unsold stock hanging around. Estimated shipping in December.

Yeah £60k of stock is a lot to be sitting on. We must remember that this isn’t his living though so probably isn’t crippling him. Scary amounts of money when you think how much worth of stock Eddie’s sitting on on he’s never ever had a sale or offered a discount.

I’ve often wondered whether Eddie would benefit from having a flash sale on those items that have barely sold any units such as the Armstrong Siddely and Sewill’s divers.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I was tempted to go for a manual wind one at £650 but didn’t commit to it. I still like the watch but not enough to pay £910 for it. According to the website there are still 49 manual winders still up for grabs and 16 autos available. That seems like a lot of unsold stock hanging around. Estimated shipping in December.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 29th October 2020 at 12:10.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Yeah £60k of stock is a lot to be sitting on. We must remember that this isn’t his living though so probably isn’t crippling him. Scary amounts of money when you think how much worth of stock Eddie’s sitting on on he’s never ever had a sale or offered a discount.

I’ve often wondered whether Eddie would benefit from having a flash sale on those items that have barely sold any units such as the Armstrong Siddely and Sewill’s divers.
    I wish the guy well for his enterprise. Bad timing that his launch coincided with Covid. Maybe he’ll have to return to the £650 price to move on more of his stock. I’d probably be in at that price.

Master
    I was looking at these as well (the manual wind version), and would've gone in for one but for the sapphire crystal. Everything else about it looks really good, but it needs an acrylic crystal.

I'm sure it will be popular though.

I'm a fan of the classic acrylic too however having handled the watch I can say that the sapphire does work. I agree with seabiscuit, £650 would see them moving rather quickly I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.Ldn View Post
    I was looking at these as well (the manual wind version), and would've gone in for one but for the sapphire crystal. Everything else about it looks really good, but it needs an acrylic crystal.

I'm sure it will be popular though.

Master
    A bump for this thread now that a few of these featured on yesterday’s Friday thread. Would love to read first impressions and a review or two.

Mine arrived midweek. Number 4 out of 200. Impressed with it. Build quality is excellent and design is spot on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Mine arrived midweek. Number 4 out of 200. Impressed with it. Build quality is excellent and design is spot on.

I think you backed a winner there. It’s a handsome piece.

It looks excellent. Well done.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post

Mine arrived yesterday, number 3 out of 200, so that is kind of cool. I agree that the build quality is excellent and hats off to Benjamin Briggs for the outstanding updates and making this project a success.

Master
    Mine arrived yesterday, number 3 out of 200, so that is kind of cool. I agree that the build quality is excellent and hats off to Benjamin Briggs for the outstanding updates and making this project a success.
    Once you’ve had it for a few days I’d be interested to know how it compares to the Navigator.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Once you’ve had it for a few days I’d be interested to know how it compares to the Navigator.
    Will do Seabiscuit. Thanks for bringing this older thread back to light, and just in time as mine showed up on my doorstep just the day before. You must have seen my other posts over on the Navigator thread else how could you have known I also had that watch to actually do a side by side comparison. I would be happy in a couple of weeks to sit down and give my overall impressions of the 2 models. I can tell you as of right now that neither of these watches will ever be leaving my small collection, and yes they are that good.

Journeyman
    DHL are delivering mine today, it's going to be a long day sat by the letterbox

Journeyman
    And the wait was worth it

Here is the new boy, alongside an original

Quote Originally Posted by Seang View Post

wow congratulations... what a duo, although I'd still much prefer the original!

Craftsman

Congrats on that fine duo. I received mine last Saturday and it has been on my wrist ever since. Benjamin sure did a fine job on this project and it turned out even better than I expected. Timor must have used 2 different dial and hand variants on the original as I noticed yours is different than Benjamins that he shows in his side by side press photos. I am glad that he went with putting removable springbars rather than fixed ones because it gives so many strap options, and besides I am really not a Nato or single pass strap kind of guy.

Hope you enjoy your as much as I am mine. Looking forward to doing a side by side comparison of the Timor and my Smith's Navigator PRS-48 which is a fine watch also.

Timor must have used 2 different dial and hand variants on the original as I noticed yours is different than Benjamins that he shows in his side by side press photos
    That one has an MoD service dial.

Journeyman
    That one has an MoD service dial.
    It does indeed

kneadking - an MOD dial/hands is one replaced by REME due to damage or as the lume is less radioactive, this give two variants of the WWW's to collect, one with original dials, one with MOD dials. I only mention this incase you thought getting a WWW set was too easy :-)

There is a potential 3rd set I suppose, if a WWW has an issue that drops it below spec, but it still works well enough, the WWW is scored out and replaced with ATP - Good luck getting all three sets!

I gotta say I really like the look of this watch

Craftsman
    It does indeed

kneadking - an MOD dial/hands is one replaced by REME due to damage or as the lume is less radioactive, this give two variants of the WWW's to collect, one with original dials, one with MOD dials. I only mention this incase you thought getting a WWW set was too easy :-)

There is a potential 3rd set I suppose, if a WWW has an issue that drops it below spec, but it still works well enough, the WWW is scored out and replaced with ATP - Good luck getting all three sets!
    Thanks for the info Seang. I knew that there would be those out there with great insight and historical relevance.

Craftsman

Just arrived a week ago and has been sharing wrist time with my Smith's Navigator PRS-48. Both outstanding watches. I am going to try here in the very near future of doing a side by side review of the 2.