closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BB58

BB58

I bought this on bracelet so have that option but really got it to wear on NATO and leather.

It is such a versatile watch and can be worn in any combination and given the size it’s wears perfectly on my small wrist.

It could be a one watch and done for anybody. The brand has some history (Rolex group and only started in the 40’s).

The Rolex are in the watch box and staying there for the foreseeable future.

The more I see and hear of this watch the more I want one! Might have to be a Christmas gift to myself ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Agree it's a really versatile watch and wears great on a smaller wrist. Can I ask where the NATO is from? Looks great!

It’s a great watch. Been on my wrist every day since I got it 6-8 weeks ago!

Can’t say I’m a fan of natos though

Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Agree it's a really versatile watch and wears great on a smaller wrist. Can I ask where the NATO is from? Looks great!
    The Nato is a £12.99 special from ‘Charlie’s NATO’s’ on the ‘bay.

I bought four and one had a slight issue but that aside the quality is remarkable and they are soft and comfortable.

I loved mine initially but found it quite underwhelming after a while, got bored and moved it on and don’t miss it at all.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    The Nato is a £12.99 special from ‘Charlie’s NATO’s’ on the ‘bay.

I bought four and one had a slight issue but that aside the quality is remarkable and they are soft and comfortable.
    Thanks, will take a look

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    Can’t say I’m a fan of natos though
    How about this one?
    I've gone from Bond NATO to black leather & currently loving it on the bracelet - looks great on all.

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    How about this one?
    I've gone from Bond NATO to black leather & currently loving it on the bracelet - looks great on all.

Just not a fan. Maybe it’s the material but also the extra material bunched up looks unnecessary.

Master
    Love mine and I do think it is a future classic. Proportions are spot on, the colours are lovely and warm, it’s comfortable, great movement, great bezel action with that extra resistance at 12 o’clock etc etc. Only thing missing is a proper micro adjustment on the clasp.

I’m sure I’ll buy one when all the hype dies down, but for now I’ll wait.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Worn mine daily for 8 months. Rolex is in retirement.

Tried it on the leather but soon reverted back to the bracelet.

Really legible and comfortable.

Plus being less expensive I’m not worried about marking it.

Time keeping is consistently-0.8s/d. Looks great.

All round winner.

Mananged to get one on bracelet too before the price increase a while back, haven't had a chance to wear it yet but will definite take it out for Christmas:)

The BB58 is my benchmark for any future purchases. Such a great watch and a sensible price.

Absolutely love mine and generally worn 5-6 days a week since I picked it up in June.

VFM, style and fit make me almost want to sell my prior grail Panerai, which now gets hardly worn.

If only I could figure out removing the bracelet (tried and failed many times) I'd wear it on a leather Nato.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Absolutely love mine and generally worn 5-6 days a week since I picked it up in June.

VFM, style and fit make me almost want to sell my prior grail Panerai, which now gets hardly worn.

If only I could figure out removing the bracelet (tried and failed many times) I'd wear it on a leather Nato.
    It’s a close fit, but it’s not difficult? Took mine off the bracelet the day I got it. Found it to be a pretty versatile watch - suits a load of different straps.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    It’s a close fit, but it’s not difficult? Took mine off the bracelet the day I got it. Found it to be a pretty versatile watch - suits a load of different straps.
    Agreed - just keep the pressure on the endlink as you pop back the springbar ends.
    Fairly easily done with a small fork ended Burgeon tool.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Agreed - just keep the pressure on the endlink as you pop back the springbar ends.
    Fairly easily done with a small fork ended Burgeon tool.
    I've tried this, yet cannot seem to muster it.

Another try me thinks, or just stick to the bracelet.

Master
    I hadn't even seen one till I got mine last Friday.
    Wow !!! I think it's an absolute stunner, the size and weight are bang on too.
    I didn't expect the lume to be so bright for some reason ??

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    That's not going to help the wait times!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Imaging if Rolex reissued the Sub 6538. It would be the BB58 just with Mercedes hands.

Just think of the secondary market in that ...

Rolex have shown little inclination to utilise their back catalogue, perhaps the Jubilee on the BLRO and the black sub dial rings on the 116500 white were a nod to the past but really Tudor is the platform for the revival side of things and that will likely continue.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Rolex have shown little inclination to utilise their back catalogue, perhaps the Jubilee on the BLRO and the black sub dial rings on the 116500 white were a nod to the past but really Tudor is the platform for the revival side of things and that will likely continue.
    Rolex will never go backwards but I’m glad Tudor do.

BB58

I almost chanced upon my BB58. I mentioned in passing to my AD that I’d like a look at one, only to find that they had one and the chap it was on order for had given backword. Quite honestly, it’s one of the best ‘chance’ purchases I’ve ever made. I’m not limiting that to just watches either.

The latest review, linked to above, sums it up perfectly for me. I try to wear pretty much my whole collection in a large rotation but this one manages to slip in on a very regular basis. Quite simply my favourite watch. Incredibly versatile (I’ve got hold of all 3 OEM straps now), the perfect size for me, way better timekeeping than I’ll ever need and while tin of other stuff that means it’s my go to watch in most circumstances.

I really hope that Tudor make more of the BB58 as a platform in future.

Edited to add - I struggle with changing the bracelet too and just pop in to the AD now as I don’t want to damage the case. I might pluck up courage to try again over the festive break

Master
    I picked mine up from SC a few weeks back now, an absolute cracker, a future classic if you ask me. A great mix of classic and modern in one watch, lovely 7924 design elements coupled with a much needed scaling down of the BB case size.

Superb watch and their relative scarcity would back this up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    A couple of tweeks would make it even better.

Another hole in the clasp for fine adjustment and drilled lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    A couple of tweeks would make it even better.

Another hole in the clasp for fine adjustment and drilled lugs.

I’m surprised they did not drill the lugs when I think about it, especially when you think the first ones came with two different strap options so they were expecting changes to be made in that department.

Really should have drilled lugs on the 58 and 41.