closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Whirlpool

Craftsman

Whirlpool

If you want to know how to really screw up a product recall, contact these guys. You would think after their tumble dryer disaster they would have learned something. Our washing machine seems to be on the list. But website crashed and telephone helpline announced today now also pulled. We waited over a year for our dryer to be modified. Last Hotpoint product I’ll be buying.

If you buy a hotpoint you can’t complain you haven’t been warned.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Apparently ours is in the list as well. No chance we'll stop using it though, mental over the holiday period!

Master
    Haven't look but I suspect ours will be, everything else possible has gone wrong with it, well that's not true we have had three during the warranty period all with various issues.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

A neighbour's house courtesy of a whirlpool dryer. Fire investigators said it started in the dryer and they're still arguing the case....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by deejay View Post
    If you want to know how to really screw up a product recall, contact these guys.
    I would live to contact these guys, as our machine is on the list, but 24 hours later the website is still down and the help line unobtainable! Does not bode well for a speedy resolution - useless company. Stop apologising, just get it fixed - this is a safety issue.

Like you OP, I will never buy anything else by Whirlpool

Ours is "on the list" and have experienced to publicised recall problems. I suppose one needs to make sure one is at home and awake if using one of these machines. Coincidentally, I placed a fire extinguisher next to ours when it was delivered 3 years ago, spooky ....

They just said on the one o'clock news that the site is still crashed - but I got this before. Not sure if this will be the full list.

If anyone sees anything different, please photoshop it and post it here.

Thankfully my Hotpoint washing machine isn’t on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Shocking representation by their boss on the BBC this morning. At least the BBC has published affected models on their own site as it's so difficult for customers to access the Whirlpool site. These products have had a crap reputation for as long as I can remember.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50834927

Please don't accept the list below as complete - always advisable to check the correct site when it is available - thanks 👍

AFAIK the fires were started with lint getting onto a heating element in the dryers.

If you have to use them make sure they are lint free and try not to leave them unattended.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

In this word of people paid fortunes to protect us large companies seem to get away with anything, consumer products, cars, drugs, yet these companies wouldn't dare in America where the consequences are crippling.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    In this word of people paid fortunes to protect us large companies seem to get away with anything, consumer products, cars, drugs, yet these companies wouldn't dare in America where the consequences are crippling.
    Take Boeing for example. Or Chrysler, for its Pacifica Hybrid, Wranglers or Ram Pickups catching fire...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

The dirty fornicators. My machine is unaffected, but I still had to fill in the forms anyway, giving them my name, address and mobile number.
    Last edited by hogthrob; 19th December 2019 at 10:26.

Craftsman
    This is spookily uncanny. I mean seriously spookily uncanny.

I am the OP and wife called me at work today. She came downstairs and opened the door to utility room to be met with a strong smell of burning and every light on the washing machine flashing. The dial said ‘FOG’ and the red door lock light was on. She couldn’t open the door. Just home from work and about to take a look myself but could smell the burning smell as soon as I came in the door.

How come a washing machine we have had for nearly 3 years, in use probably every single day, has a recall announcement one day and our machine demonstrates that fault the very next day. I can’t get my head around it. When the recall was announced I thought this would just be a hassle and given almost 3 years of continuous use without any issue bar A couple of broken paddles, another 3 or 4 weeks wouldn’t do any harm.

The burning smell is coming from the top, not the drum, so is showing every sign of the fault of the recall. I just honestly cannot believe this has happened today following the announcement yesterday. Luckily we agreed to take sensible precautions like not putting it on when going out or going to bed, but I really did not think we would experience the issue the very next day. I am sometimes surprised at coincidences, but this has floored me! So glad the Mrs was in and shut the machine down when she did.

Without sounding like a teacher, please do take sensible precautions If continuing to use your machine. I’ll say it again - I am utterly stunned this has happened today.

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

So glad I opted for the FREE 10 year parts guarantee when I bought ours, the peace of mind it brings, as the kitchen begins to start cooking all on its own .............

Craftsman
    Just removed top from the machine and can see scorch marking around the door sensor catch. When put power back on the door lock is now permanently on. Could have been much worse if the Mrs hadn’t switched it off. Couple of pics - a bit blurred as too close for iPhone to focus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had an indesit drier replaced by a whirlpool due to the earlier recall (I was never overly worried as we always cleared the lint and used it very rarely) - we also have a hotpoint washing machine which is not affected by this recall, but I will never buy another whirlpool product - what a joke of a company!

Craftsman
    Well I finally managed to get on to the recall website

Filled in all the details, and our machine is included in the recall.

Registered today, so lets see how long it takes to get resolved!

If mine was on the list I’d chuck it in a skip and buy something else from a different company tbh. Costs about the same as a Seiko Diver, might burn your house down whilst they faff about = get rid!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    If mine was on the list I’d chuck it in a skip and buy something else from a different company tbh. Costs about the same as a Seiko Diver, might burn your house down whilst they faff about = get rid!!!

and send the bill to Whirlpool, this debacle has a Group Litigation (Class Action) written all over it!

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    So glad I opted for the FREE 10 year parts guarantee when I bought ours, the peace of mind it brings, as the kitchen begins to start cooking all on its own .............
    Replacement machine now delivered . I took the top off the old one before it was taken and was pleased to see no sign of any over heating. I wonder how many of the items being replaced actually had the fault.

Craftsman
    Still not got mime. They are offering a lower spin machine rated compared to what I originally bought despite stating in 3 separate communications that I will receive a like-for-like replacement. Getting really hacked off with them now.,