closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the tudor gmt date fault fixed?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Date will stick again so get it sent off as soon as you can, mine was a three week turnaround. Great looking watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You were mostly right - it’s now changing over two days at a time!

Found that there’s a Rolex service centre where I am so hoping they do Tudor too.

It’s a great watch so keen to get it working again after a year of flawless service

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I do like it, very much indeed, but I have 3 snowflake-handed watches, a 94110 snowflake, a Pelagos and the GMT. The original is unsellable, and I really love the titanium austerity and epic lume of the Pelagos.
    I have also recently got the Mido Ocean Star GMT, which has the exact same movement features of the Tudor (travel GMT and very long reserve - you can take it off on Friday evening and on Monday morning it is still going) at a fraction of the price, and the Mido uses a static 24-hr scale with a 0-60 dive bezel, a format I prefer to a 48-click 24-hr bezel.
    So with a general thought of downsizing my financial commitment to watches (even with the inevitable tinkering and finding new stuff), the GMT is an obvious candidate to go. When I get round to listing it.
    Dave
    Dave
    I can understand your thought process particularly in relation to the Mido. Lovely looking watch.

Does it have a jumping hour hand, like the Tudor?
    It is the size that concerns me. Does it wear bigger than the Tudor? Measurements are often misleading in experience.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Dave
    I can understand your thought process particularly in relation to the Mido. Lovely looking watch.

Does it have a jumping hour hand, like the Tudor?
    It is the size that concerns me. Does it wear bigger than the Tudor? Measurements are often misleading in experience.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    Yes, the Mido is a traveller GMT, with jumping hour hand for local time setting as you cross timezones.
    It is larger than the Tudor, and wears larger, but only marginally. For me, the bigger issue about size wearing is case thickness, and the Mido is no thicker than the Tudor.

@Happyjack - I did a full review of the Mido for Watchgecko - here

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Yes, the Mido is a traveller GMT, with jumping hour hand for local time setting as you cross timezones.
    It is larger than the Tudor, and wears larger, but only marginally. For me, the bigger issue about size wearing is case thickness, and the Mido is no thicker than the Tudor.

@Happyjack - I did a full review of the Mido for Watchgecko - here

Dave
    Thanks Dave. Great review and very helpful.
    Gerard

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

My June 2018 watch started skipping 2 days at a time recently. It happened twice and then went back to normal. I took it in, and although it wasn’t still in warranty it was repaired free of charge in about four weeks.

Not really sure what was done to it but I am impressed in this day and age that they offered to help:)

Also a big thank you to Pragnell Leicester who personally delivered it back to me as I couldn’t get over before lockdown, and I live 20 miles away.

Neil

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by marcbe View Post
    I took mine to an AD a while ago, and two weeks ago I was told that due to a shortage of parts it would be January before I see my watch again. Your 4 week timeframe may be a little optimistic, but potentially 4 months was a bit of a surprise.
    It seems like the AD set an excessive timeline to give themselves plenty of room to overachieve. I received my GMT back this week. It took around 6 weeks and seems to be working fine now. Came back in a nice travel pouch too.

I think I will pull the trigger on a new one in early 2021, surely it will have been sorted by then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is a November 2019 and I haven't experienced any problems so far. After months of continuous use I had it idle for the whole of October while I ran some of my others. After picking it back up I took the hour hand through a month of date changes and then overshot so did another month after that. The thing that surprises me is that it seems so positive on changing over, a good strong click and hitting the next day in a way that you just can't imagine it doing two at a time.

I wonder what percentage of these are perfectly ok in comparison to those which have had problems. Tudor will be sat on some useful statistics by now I imagine but I doubt they will share it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfoxllb View Post
    I think I will pull the trigger on a new one in early 2021, surely it will have been sorted by then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Did you get one, and how was it? Just asking as I'm tempted between this and the Longines Spirit Zulu.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    Did you get one, and how was it? Just asking as I'm tempted between this and the Longines Spirit Zulu.
    If it helps, I’ve owned a 2019 Tudor GMT and tried on a Longines Zulu. Worth trying both on if you can as they wear very differently. I found the Longines sits flatter but the long lugs make it feel bigger if you have a small wrist. The Tudor is quite slab sided which makes it feel thicker. The Zulu is more polished and shinier with the ceramic bezel. Never had any date problems with my Tudor before I sold it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    If it helps, I’ve owned a 2019 Tudor GMT and tried on a Longines Zulu. Worth trying both on if you can as they wear very differently. I found the Longines sits flatter but the long lugs make it feel bigger if you have a small wrist. The Tudor is quite slab sided which makes it feel thicker. The Zulu is more polished and shinier with the ceramic bezel. Never had any date problems with my Tudor before I sold it.
    Thanks for your input, Christian. I'm heading to my local AD for Longines now and will probably go to Trafford Centre after to compare the difference.

Master
    My pal says that he thinks that the problem is that the spring for the date jumper does not have enough strength, causing it to get stuck or not jump at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    After trying them both, I am now a proud owner of the Tudor BB GMT; there's just something into it that I can't feel with the Longines. I am just waiting to get my Leather strap to start building some memories and history with this lovely watch.
    Last edited by mjoranga; 26th May 2022 at 22:35.