closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Requesting a little IT advice...

Master

Requesting a little IT advice...

Hi.. techno-thicky here again...

I have bought a Huawei P30 Lite android phone and I'm quite pleased with it. However I can't seem to download the pictures I've taken onto my Windows PC. This was quite easy on my old Windows phone using drag and drop but not so with this Android phone. The only file on the phone that i can think holds the pictures seems to be in Internal storage\Pictures\.Gallery2\recycle but there are 16 files in there each with a huge filename that makes no sense and cannot be copied.

As always genuinely grateful to anyone that can help.

Rob

There’s probably a simple way to do it ( Google drive?) but you could always email them to yourself and open the email on your PC.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    There’s probably a simple way to do it ( Google drive?) but you could always email them to yourself and open the email on your PC.
    Google drive would have been my suggestion.

Assuming you have a Google account then are they not all automatically saves into Google Photos?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Assuming you have them backed up to the cloud, go to google photos, browse and then right click on the ones you want.

Master
    Look for a folder called DCIM - often that's used as a location for phone camera JPEGs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Look for a folder called DCIM - often that's used as a location for phone camera JPEGs.
    Correct. On every Android phone I've ever had, the photos had been saved under the DCIM folder (there will be further folders in there for Camera, Screenshots, Facebook photos and so on).

unless you have turned it off - these are automatically back-up to your google gallery and you can find them at:

https://photos.google.com/

you can download them to your PC from there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    Correct. On every Android phone I've ever had, the photos had been saved under the DCIM folder (there will be further folders in there for Camera, Screenshots, Facebook photos and so on).
    Thanks, Guys. That's just what I needed.

Rob

I take photos on a canon camera which I then upload to Google photos via google photos app using a card reader. However, this uploads photos with the date and time of upload and not original date and time the photos were taken. And in a random order and not in photo sequence.

I discovered that by going to google photos on phone browser but in desktop setting, this allows the photos to be uploaded in time and date order that the photos were taken. I have uploaded photos from my pc this way also.

Then in google photos app, my google pixel photos and canon camera photos are in one place and in correct date and time order.

I run linux

BUBI 0_0