closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Urgent - Hillingdon Hospital London, Anyone work there or live very near by?

Urgent - Hillingdon Hospital London, Anyone work there or live very near by?

Hi all, apologies for a very panicked post.

My daughter (a third year student) is currently in Heathrow Terminal 2 waiting on taxi to take her to A&E..

she broke her leg in China 3 weeks ago and had surgery out there. She was fit to fly and after landing at Heathrow needs to go to A&E as her leg has swollen badly, unfortunately her phone has gone into hibernation mode and I’ve no way of contacting her. She cannot find her UK cash cards and had no cash on her.

What’s the best way off getting cash or phone to her? Hopefully the hospital will let her use the landline, I’m also worried about her luggage, she has 2 cases and a couple of bags, the airport wouldn’t let her store them there. Is a safe way of storing in London?

Apologies if this all sounds a bit naive, I’m not a frequent traveller and have been making calls from about 5:30am..

Thanks all... PM me if needed.
    Last edited by Guz; 18th December 2019 at 10:25.

Update: she's now in Hillingdon A&E and waiting to be seen, she has access to WiFi.. so have intermittent contact. I'm now looking at flights to London should I need to travel if they are going to admit her.

Very stressful

Guz, call me on ‘edited out’ and I’ll see if I can help
    Last edited by JasonM; 18th December 2019 at 13:48.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm around the corner
    Last edited by Dave O'Sullivan; 18th December 2019 at 13:31.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Guz, call me on and I’ll see if I can help
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I'm around the corner
    Guys thanks you so much for reaching out, I can’t express how much it means to us and how very grateful we are.

Have just had an update from her.. she has been given the all clear as fit to fly from the hospital and is currently still in the A & E waiting on taxi to return to Heathrow. All she needs now if for airline to give her medical clearance and hopefully she’ll be on a 3pm flight home to Belfast.

I’ll post some x-ray and stitched photo’s up later .. still stressed out and taking nothing for granted!!

Thanks again, what a wonderful forum we have :-)

Craftsman
    It's not uncommon for legs immobile in plaster to swell markedly post flight. You can get a lot of dependant swelling due to reduced movement and there's also the water retention most people tend to get on flights to contend with. Make sure she elevates it as much as possible on return and hope the post op period is uncomplicated and she heals well.

No problem Gavin, I’m glad it’s all worked out.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    It's not uncommon for legs immobile in plaster to swell markedly post flight. You can get a lot of dependant swelling due to reduced movement and there's also the water retention most people tend to get on flights to contend with. Make sure she elevates it as much as possible on return and hope the post op period is uncomplicated and she heals well.
    Tell me about it. I came back from a 13.5 hour flight from Singapore to London in an economy middle seat last week

My feet, ankles and lower leg had blown up like a balloon and I’m fairly fit and not overweight (by much).

So, I wouldn’t worry too much. Although it’ll be a relief to have her back at home I’m sure.

Glad she's on her way home Gus.

Politely insist that she has a bulkhead seat so she can at least elevate her leg somewhat.

How was she flown from China (seat wise)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Glad she's on her way home Gus.

Politely insist that she has a bulkhead seat so she can at least elevate her leg somewhat.

How was she flown from China (seat wise)?
    Hi Jon et al,

Thank you all for the help and support. Its a long story which I post over the weekend.

She flew from Chengdhu to Hong Kong (2.5 hours) and then Hong Kong to Heathrow (13 hours) both flights were in business class, all paid by the insurance company which her student intern company used. Both Companies have been fantastic; Cega (Insurance) and Intern China (Student internships in Asia and Mexico), we could not have coped without.

Heathrow to Belfast (1.5 hours) will be economy but she has a whole row to put her leg up, again this is for by Cega. As I type I'm literally getting ready to pick her up at Belfast City George Best Airport at 4:30pm, we are approximately 10 mile away from it so very handy.

Thank you all once again