closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 181

Thread: Rolex price increase

  1. #1

    Rolex price increase

    Not sure if true or hear say rumours but apparently 10% price rise coming Jan 2020.

    Please correct me if I'm wrong!!

  2. #2
    Craftsman ozzyb123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    London
    Posts
    301
    Just heard 7% myself...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Master murkeywaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    3,379
    Is there a source for this information?

  4. #4
    Craftsman Evad3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    332
    Saw multiple people state this on TRF - talks of a 7-10% increase. It usually starts leaking around a week or 2 before the actual increase so it wouldn't be too surprising

  5. #5
    Is this how they counter dropping interest in the brand I.e. Sports stainless models.Increase the price and if you have you are happy and if you don't then you yearn to get on the gravy train? Or I could be cynical and realise that they are realigning prices with the rest of the world which could mean we get more availability.

    Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

  6. #6
    The Rolex police won't be too far away from this thread.



    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    18,275
    How many times have we heard the Rolex Price Riseí rumour? Rolex are very good at keeping the timing of price rises under wraps till the last minute, so the chances if thus being true are limited. Like a snowball rolling don hill and getting bigger..........someone says something on a forum and the rumour gains momentum.

    Might happen, might not......but I wouldnít put much faith in a source like TRF!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    How many times have we heard the Rolex Price Riseí rumour? Rolex are very good at keeping the timing of price rises under wraps till the last minute, so the chances if thus being true are limited. Like a snowball rolling don hill and getting bigger..........someone says something on a forum and the rumour gains momentum.

    Might happen, might not......but I wouldnít put much faith in a source like TRF!
    Unfortunately many times this price rise has come true - I hope you are correct though.Its one of the fundamentals of owning rolex - if you have then your stock increases if not then gnashing of teeth!

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,093
    Blog Entries
    1
    Raise in advance of a predicted weakened sterling following brexit?

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    286
    If this is true then I need to start buying some before Jan.... haha.

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,725
    7% on none sports 10% on sports 1st January 2020
    Will kill some of the new sports models yachtmaster steel nearly 10k ouch

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    40% on Daytona ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

  13. #13
    Can't say I give one ounce of a sh*t about Rolex price increases anymore.

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    Can't say I give one ounce of a sh*t about Rolex price increases anymore.
    ....yet click on and post in threads about them ?

  15. #15
    Grand Master markrlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    22,249
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Is this how they counter dropping interest in the brand I.e. Sports stainless models.
    Is interest really (significantly) diminishing?

    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Or I could be cynical and realise that they are realigning prices with the rest of the world which could mean we get more availability.
    No cynicism needed: That seems overwhelmingly likely.

    But, in and of itself, I don't think a 7-10% price rise will do much to reduce demand, considering the recent open market prices for some models.

    I can envisage that demand may reduce a bit but not due to such a small RRP increase on its own.

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    746
    What does it matter....canít buy anything SS anyway! :-)

  17. #17
    Master TKH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,624
    https://youtu.be/_-IqhHLZyl4

    Seems well informed

  18. #18
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    112
    Imagine being a Rolex AD in these times. Re-pricing all those bazillion PM DJs on New Years' Day with a terrible hangover!

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    3,149
    Haha a price increase on products you can't even buy anymore!!! The madness continues.......

  20. #20
    Given GBP took a massive jump last week it would seem odd - they are making more per unit in CH now, and we are no cheaper than in the EU @ 1.2:1.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    Haha a price increase on products you can't even buy anymore!!! The madness continues.......
    It's not madness, it is merely an age old method of enhancing the brand image and it's working a treat.

    You can buy the products dead easy, just stomp up the going rate at a grey dealer.

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,312
    Will greys also increase their prices?

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Will greys also increase their prices?
    Depends purely on what the market will take.

  24. #24
    There are hundreds/thousands SS sports Rolex watches being sold by ADs every day. So all this silliness about watches not being sold/can’t buy is amusing.

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    It's not madness, it is merely an age old method of enhancing the brand image and it's working a treat.

    You can buy the products dead easy, just stomp up the going rate at a grey dealer.
    To me it is madness and we've lost all sense of perspective. I refuse to pay the absurd and over inflated prices at grey dealers.

  26. #26
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    To me it is madness and we've lost all sense of perspective. I refuse to pay the absurd and over inflated prices at grey dealers.
    Yes and this is fine. You will drop out of the market and be replaced by those who are prepared to pay a higher price. This is what brand enhancement is about, thus everyone is happy.

  27. #27
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    166
    Unobtanium a patented Rolex material.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Yes and this is fine. You will drop out of the market and be replaced by those who are prepared to pay a higher price. This is what brand enhancement is about, thus everyone is happy.
    So using logic would you be happy if Rolex increased prices to what used rolex are going for these days? Stainless sub and daytona etc..and still be happy.

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    Journeyman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    250
    I usually take these annual Rolex price increase threads with a pinch of salt but given that the last increase was 2015, one must be overdue.

  30. #30
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England and Spain
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    So using logic would you be happy if Rolex increased prices to what used rolex are going for these days? Stainless sub and daytona etc..and still be happy.

    Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Whether I am happy or not is neither here nor there , it's what the market will take that counts. However if you want to buy a Rolex, just get used to pay the going rate.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I usually take these annual Rolex price increase threads with a pinch of salt but given that the last increase was 2015, one must be overdue.
    They had a price increase last year.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Journeyman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    They had a price increase last year.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Ah yes they did! Oct '18

    That one slipped my mind.

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    They had a price increase last year.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    They did indeed, just before I picked my blnr up! Oct 2018

  34. #34
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    18,275
    I suspect it won't happen, here's why: The one guy on this forum who is likely to know (or have a strong suspicion) is staying silent.....that's good enough for me. If that changes I`ll revise my opinion.

  35. #35
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    909
    No! A Rolex price rise??? I'm so totally totally shocked. Wow!!!!!

  36. #36
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I suspect it won't happen, here's why: The one guy on this forum who is likely to know (or have a strong suspicion) is staying silent.....that's good enough for me. If that changes I`ll revise my opinion.
    May be I am reading too much into his brief post but the fact that the same person chose to comment on this thread but didn't offer an opinion on the actual topic, makes me think it may actually be true this time.

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I suspect it won't happen, here's why: The one guy on this forum who is likely to know (or have a strong suspicion) is staying silent.....that's good enough for me. If that changes I`ll revise my opinion.
    It IS happening.

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    It IS happening.
    He obviously doesn't browse the entire forum.

  39. #39
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    20,830
    Correct me if I care.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Correct me if I care.
    You care enough to remind us often that you donít care:-)

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I suspect it won't happen, here's why: The one guy on this forum who is likely to know (or have a strong suspicion) is staying silent.....that's good enough for me. If that changes I`ll revise my opinion.
    Have a look in the bear pit

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    ....yet click on and post in threads about them ?
    The two are not mutually exclusive

  43. #43
    Journeyman Oracle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Nantwich England
    Posts
    233
    Rolex and Tudor are both going up on 1st January for global realignment.
    Rolex approx between 7-10% and tudor around 2.5%

  44. #44
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by johnthemull View Post
    The two are not mutually exclusive
    How so?

    You wrote "Can't say I give one ounce of a sh*t about Rolex price increases anymore." ....having clicked and posted on a thread entitled "Rolex price increase."

  45. #45
    Master Bodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    1,133
    If one doesn't care about a particular subject, how can one communicate this to others?

    I care about not caring about caring.!

  46. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    If one doesn't care about a particular subject, how can one communicate this to others?

    I care about not caring about caring.!
    You donít because you donít care

  47. #47
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    South Yorkshire UK
    Posts
    5
    I got the call last week & just picked up my Sub Date. The Ad told me that if I hadnít collected my watch before end of December it would have cost me £600 more. There will be a price increase in January. Oh, & I got the warranty card.
    Last edited by 220e; 17th December 2019 at 15:58. Reason: Add more info

  48. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    How so?

    You wrote "Can't say I give one ounce of a sh*t about Rolex price increases anymore." ....having clicked and posted on a thread entitled "Rolex price increase."
    Haywood, are any other brands going up in the new year? I canít imagine Rolex are the only ones just the brand more likely to generate interest.

  49. #49
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chester and Merseyside, UK
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Haywood, are any other brands going up in the new year? I canít imagine Rolex are the only ones just the brand more likely to generate interest.
    Thanks for your confidence in me, but I really am just a one-brand man and wouldn't have a clue about others.

  50. #50
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford
    Posts
    166
    Out of interest does anyone know the history of Rolex price increases, I.e., when and what percentage. It would help put this one into perspective especially considering the economic landscape and demand levels of the time.

    The price increase is unlikely to make much difference to availability but might steer more peeps towards other options.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information