closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Light Dial Sporty Dress Watch, Tissot Gent P80?

Light Dial Sporty Dress Watch, Tissot Gent P80?

Folks. Am on the lookout for something in this market, budget about £600. Am not a big collection kind of guy, a G-Shock for sport and a good quality daily wearer is enough for me generally, other than buying and selling the odd holiday diver. Daily wearer is the Tudor BB41. I recently picked up this little silver dial Seiko 5

which has persuaded me there is definitely room in my collection for a better quality light dial (silver, cream, white) sporty dresser to contrast the BB. Thoughts turned immediately to the Seiko Sarb035

and having owned an 033 I know it wears well and is great value for money. Then I stumbled upon Tissot’s newish Gentleman Powermatic80 line, which includes a silver dial model. 40mm, 100m WR, sapphire, 80 hours power reserve etc. Not dissimilar size and spec to the Sarb.

I’ve only seen promotional shots where it looks very silver, to the point of me questioning how legible it would be. There’s not much out there in terms of YouTube vids, Insta pics etc to give better ‘in the metal’ views and opinions. I found one vid in Italian and nicked some screen shots

and I think it looks very good. But wondered whether A) anyone had any experience with this watch and could give an opinion, B) how it might square up to the Sarb (Tissot at £650 vs Sarb at £350) and C) whether there are other good options that I’m overlooking.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davidj54; 16th December 2019 at 11:38.

Journeyman
    The Sarb would get my vote. That price range is tricky. On one hand, the incremental price from the Seiko to the Tissot is small in the broad context of watches but as a percentage - on the other hand I'm not sure the Tissot will feel like it is worth nearly twice the Seiko on the wrist. As for others in that price range, the Longines Flagship is pretty nice, although brand new will be about 10%-15% more than the Tissot.

Does it have to be new?
    The Nomos Club 701 is a cracking watch.

Grand Master
    having owned the sarb and a similar but older tissot, i can say the sarb felt better finished to me, in fact i'm probably going to buy another at some point soon! hamilton also a few in this range and style too and i've always found their watches a cut about tissot. this example can often be seen heavily discounted:
    https://www.watchshop.com/mens-hamil...p99931370.html
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!